The Premiership

4burner

Explosionaire
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome welcome!

I'm already ready to tear up my team and go again. Try and shoehorn Ramsey and Tadic in but I don't want to lose Hazard or Toure or Sterling...

Should've had Ramsey from the off. But I'll resist all changes this week and see what happens.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda did expect ManU's loss, or at least a draw from them; it's going to be a tough climb back up from last season and psychologically that journey wasn't going to start on day one.

Since the AW league is still only two of us, it's on http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ If you set up an account now you won't be far behind. I had a terrible first week! Fingers crossed for this week :)

Okay.

What's the deal with this idiotic site?

I registered, but I have no clue what to do. It just takes me for loops. Insanely frustrating.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
The 'squad selection' page never appeared last night.
It just left me going in circles.

4burner

Explosionaire
Registered
Reaction score
So you haven't been able to make your team or anything?

When you go into your account settings (my account, top right) and hit Visit fantasy premier league, where does that take you?

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
I just now have the 'How to pick your squad' screen.
It wasn't there last night.

Apparently I have a team now.

Okay. I think I got it. =)

Last edited:

4burner

Explosionaire
Registered
Reaction score
OK good! Welcome welcome.

2-2 Everton and Arsenal was unexpected. I've realised I have most of my points hopefuls facing off against each other tonight. If Dzeko scores I lose my clean sheet bonus on Lovren, so if Dzeko get's a goal, hopefully he'll pop up with a header to balance me out.

And I'm really regretting not having Aaron Ramsey. Yet.

Anyway should be a good game tonight.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
LOL, I'm waiting for that games as well, and I'm just thrilled to see Tot on top of the boards for however long that lasts! =)

4burner

Explosionaire
Registered
Reaction score
Holy hell, MK Dons. That's just, a whole new level of terribad. Well done, Man U.

So, game week 3 and I've caved and played my wildcard and made 6 changes. My midfield is now impossibly frightening. Sturridge, Hazard, Toure, Fabregas, Ramsey. I think I can expect a performance from at least one of them every week.

LFC V Spurs, Kelly. I'm not your friend this weekend. Well, I say that, I'd be totally curtius and whatnot of course, but you understand the sentiment.

And I just picked Rose for one my backs, dammit man...

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
LFC V Spurs, Kelly. I'm not your friend this weekend. Well, I say that, I'd be totally curtius and whatnot of course, but you understand the sentiment.

I don't like it when these two have to play each other because I want them both to win, or at least not loose.... best I can do here is a draw and no one gets hurt. =)

4burner

Explosionaire
Registered
Reaction score
Well. I see your bipartisanmanship and raise you one 3-0 victory. I can't say I'm going to complain.

And international weekend occurring in what should be the third week of the season is ridiculous. Just gives you a taste of what's to come and then BAM. Wait for it.

Anyway Sterling is looking amazing this season. I didn't rate him at the start of last season but in BR we trust, and just wow. And he's what, 19? Ridic.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Like having Suarez last year, or Van Persie the year before that. There's always one player who's the have/have not that divides the fantasy league!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Graziano Pelle looking like the real deal. We're up to 4th. Newcastle were dreadful though.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
:D

*does happy dance*

It's actually downright scary.

I know the season is only four games old, but Diego Costa looks like the greatest thing since sliced bread (and I like sliced bread). And imo, it points to just how badly Spain prepared for the World Cup. They had a world-beater in the front and instead of building their team around him, they tried to force him into what they already had.

Now he goes to Chelsea, with creativity and pace all over the midfield, with guys who would like to push deep on the sides and lay in crossing balls. For whatever reason, Torres simply couldn't get these goals. But Costa can. And he plays with a serious edge, barking at teammates who fail to deliver the ball to him constantly. And they're responding. They're not pushing forward to score goals, they're pushing forward to give Costa a chance, more often than not. Down the road, Hazard and Ivanovic are gonna benefit from all of this, imo. And Costa is gonna challenge some records.

It's gonna be a fun season...

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
So, how about that new look Man U? I know it was just QPR, but they looked a helluva lot more like a real team today.

All the experts say Mata may be the odd man out. But I'm wondering if maybe Van Persie isn't? They can move him for a lot more cash than Mata, I bet. And I don't know that what Van Persie brings the table is so critical now. He was mostly a non-factor today, even before Falcao cam on the pitch.

Personally, I think Di Maria/Mata/Herrera/Rooney/Falcao sounds pretty good.

Oh, and I really like Blind. Picking him up may turn out to be the move of the year for Man U. Serious bang for the buck there.

nkkingston

Bemused Girl
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.solelyfictional.org
Last time Saints finished second was the year my OH was born. I don't think we'll hold the spot, but I think we have a genuine shot at the Europa league this year!

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Last time Saints finished second was the year my OH was born. I don't think we'll hold the spot, but I think we have a genuine shot at the Europa league this year!
The match next Sunday against Spurs will be a good indication of how good we really are. I would be happy with a draw.

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
I will happily watch that many times over.
Really should have gone to the game but I had m-i-l visiting.

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Wow. That has to be one of the worst performances from Liverpool I have ever witnessed.

I know Sturridge is still out, that things will change when he comes back, but Balotelli is clearly not the answer here. Liverpool needs to get rid of him as soon as they can, imo. In the meantime, stop starting him. Make him earn a start by coming of the bench and actually playing hard.