Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
And... the pressure is off. My dad has a miserable sinus infection and they're not coming tomorrow. Poor dad. Mom says she's guaranteed to get it from him and they don't want to give it to us.

We thanked them for that courtesy.

Teacher Boy is sad--he had all kinds of school stuff to tell them. But he too appreciates the non-sharing of germs. So, a quiet day tomorrow. We'll still have the birthday party, but just the 4 of us.

I cleaned the house for nothing! :tongue

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Nonsense, Lily. You cleaned the house so you could sit back with the beverage of your choice, look around you, and say, "Aaaah!"

Maryn, who hasn't really cleaned in quite some time

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Well, the house *did* need cleaning...

I rewarded myself with a coffee smoothie and some BIC time. One of those scenes where character is established through a little snark.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Yesterday, I discovered the concept that is arm knitting. Today, I made me first scarf that way. I need some tweaking, but I can see it being a fun way to kill an hour here and there.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't know what's going on but M's two daughters and my three dogs have been shits all day. BUT

< _ <
> _ >

I have wine.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hola, Hoofsies! So sorry I haven't been by these last few months to check in. I've been trying to spend less time online in an effort to focus the old brain, but that's no excuse. You're all gorgeous, brave, and beautiful!

<3!

*smokebomb*

*sets a Clovia trap*

suki

Opinionated
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wrote a really long response...earlier...and when I went to post it, the board was down, and now it is gone... and I am too tired to do it again. Sorry. :(

So, hi all. Revision brain is tired brain.

Clovia -- good to see you!

Lily -- yay for good food and a clean house.

Maryn -- glad the comedy was good, and the missing bag didn't impact your trip. :)

Dys -- you deserve some down time.

Tas -- so, smart and fierce, and with her own style and personality -- so, basically you are raising a Whedon character in the making. ;)

And...I'm sure there was more, but...too tired, so hugs to all.

~suki

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Rainy here but in the high 60s, so we'll take it. Checked with mom this morning and dad feels like shit on toast, so no visit this time. We will still consume birthday cake. :)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I love the curve of the blade. I think a lovely and practical knife made using her grandfather's file and grinder would be a treasure. Maybe some especially lovely wood?

Maryn, who likes knives

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I'm looking at some lovely wooden handle scales. I need to order some ebony for my harvesting blade I made. For this one I wanted a wooden handle because he was a wood worker. Currently looking at ironwood, snakewood, walnut, tulipwood, or zebra wood.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
*wave*

Out at a part last night till 1 am, then did 6 hours of Ren Fest today.

I iz ded.

However, it was adorable to watch kiddo and the pseudo-boyfriend pal around together. He bought her a necklace for her birthday.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning, everybody. We've been out three nights of the last five, which is usually about how many times we go out in two months. And we're going out again Thursday. Why do the people we want to see not space their visits better?

Last night we saw a stage version of "Wait Until Dark." They didn't just adapt the movie but made some substantive changes in the time period, which worked well. The adapter of the original said he'd tried to modernize it first, but like many thrillers, it just wouldn't work in an era with modern technology. I guess you put a cell phone in everybody's hand and they can get help or information too readily.

Maryn, who liked it

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Evening all!

The first production week of the year has begun. My students, however, are amazing in stepping up to the job. Which I appreciate even more since I'm still sick and croaky-voiced.

Home now, relatively early for Production Week Standards and putting my feet up with food and watching Outlander and the Gotham series premiere. Because I can.

Tasmin21

Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Realized I forgot to answer a question up above. The scarf I posted a pic of was a ruffly one like Dys crocheted. The thing I arm-knitted was a big chunky cowl. I'll get pics of that later.

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I envy those who can knit and crochet. They say it's easy, but trust me, it's not! Maybe I'd learn if I could sit right at somebody's side while I knit, so they could lean in and say, "That right there is where you're screwing up. Let me show you how to do it. Again."

But I can sew, although I don't much any more. For the last month, I can't even reach my sewing table due to Mr. Maryn needing access to a window for house painting, and the room being the clutter collection site whenever we need to clean some other room.

I ordered some stuff at Kohl's yesterday and I had a problem with my order. An item on clearance showed full price when I ordered it. I removed it, tried again, same result. I contacted customer service via email and got this garbled-English reply, so much so that I can't tell what they want me to do. Screw it, huh?

Maryn, wondering if their customer service is in India

Status
Not open for further replies.