WWII fighter ace novel

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
I am delighted to announce my WWII fighter ace novel, CLOSE TO THE SUN, is now available in soft cover, Kindle, Noo, and other e-book formats. It tells the story of fighter aces in Euorpe from both the Allied and Luftwaffe POV. Please read my blog tour schedule and advanced praise here:

http://hfvirtualbooktours.com/closetothesunblogtour/

Maxx

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
I am delighted to announce my WWII fighter ace novel, CLOSE TO THE SUN, is now available in soft cover, Kindle, Noo, and other e-book formats. It tells the story of fighter aces in Euorpe from both the Allied and Luftwaffe POV. Please read my blog tour schedule and advanced praise here:

http://hfvirtualbooktours.com/closetothesunblogtour/

Wow! Very Cool!

I will elaborate: I was working on some things along the same lines, but was diverted into the difficulties of not being an ace.
Apparently, the ace-type flyer led a very different aerial existence from the non-ace -- for example it was relatively rare for an ace-type to get shot down whereas for non-ace types (especially in their first 5 encounters with the enemy in the air)
were shot down and killed a lot -- though of course for all air forces in WWII accidents killed more pilots than combat.
I had two non-ace characters -- one who somehow survived uninjured (though with crashes) and one who was horribly burned. Well, with characters so unpromising (who wants to read about skin grafts?) the story wandered down hill pretty fast.
Oh well. Glad you made it with some better pilots.

Last edited:

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
Thank you, Maxx. Some of the top aces were indeed shot down and more than a few in the Luftwaffe were hospitalized for long periods before returning to combat. I do have a burn situation in the novel.