Registered
Reaction score

Evangeline

Twirling in a glass of champagne
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.edwardianpromenade.com
It's so difficult to choose whom to vote for! I've read all of the entries linked here, and they're all so good. Hopefully, the editors will request more than the 25+3 wild card entries. :)

htrent

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.holleytrent.com
You know, I suspect they'll request a lot more than those three...but not until after the contest ends. It's like so much low-hanging fruit!

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
Margo, had to tweet this one too. Got the feeling Gary is in for a major slap inside his head.

You are a doll. And now I have so many entries I have to read from this thread, ahhh! Keeping up with the reading (and then subsequent yearning for more chapters) is hectic.

The editors seemed to be stressing that, evangeline and tpri. Only trick is being good enough to be one of those extra! *crosses fingers, stares at MS sideways*

Oh and also, I blogged about this whole SYTYCW thing. Link's in my sig.

Personal Prose

Registered
Reaction score
Delighted you posted your link or would have missed out on reading this. Loved the way you combo poignant with edginess. And your characters rock.

Incy

Thanks so much for your kind words about my characters. They are the first ones I ever created.

I read TP's and Evangelines submissions as well, enjoyed both.

MargoWest

the chart is not the sea
Registered
Reaction score
I'm still trying to get to reading all the entries, but just wanted to say real quick that Incy, your chapter was fabulous! I'll be very surprised if it doesn't get some editor attention.

Incy Black

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks so much for your kind words about my characters. They are the first ones I ever created.

I read TP's and Evangelines submissions as well, enjoyed both.

Your first ever characters? Bloody hell! They were terrific so the future bodes well. Very good luck with your entry.

Personal Prose

Registered
Reaction score
Your kind compliment couldn't have come at a better time. I'm three chapters into my second story and my characters have become mum. Which has caused me to second guess any ability I may have. I have been starring at a blinking cursor for days now. I will take your encouraging words and run with it.

Good luck to you as well on your submission.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Get thee to the HQ writery and check out my crit partner's RAINMAN'S BRIDE. It won a GH back in the day, and she's rightly dusting it off and sending it out. The author's name is Janet Butler. I've read it elsewhere and it's a horking good story.

Personal Prose

Registered
Reaction score
I received two rejections in the same day.

I'm not surprised my story wasn't selected for the SYTYCW contest, but I am really surprised some of yours were not. I enjoyed reading all of them.

JE9Lizle

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone doing this year's competition? I've entered and now am trying to not stalk the site by coming over here. It's only the first day and I'm already going a bit ...bat crazy :)

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
I haven't entered yet but I plan to.They changed the rules last year to allow previously-published authors to enter, provided you haven't written for Harlequin/M&B. I have a manuscript which I pitched to an M&B editor in July. Sent her the requested chapters and then she promptly went on maternity leave. So I'm gonna enter that for the competition and see if it can catch another editor's eye.

reiver33

Monolithic
Registered
Reaction score
I seriously considered entering but simply don't have time to complete the manuscript by the October 10th deadline - well, not in any shape or form I'd be happy with.

Good luck to everyone who takes the plunge!

Jules Court

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.julescourt.com
Girlyswot- I read your entry. It was really good and, although I'm not a Presents reader, seemed to fit really well into the line. There were a lot of great entries this year, but I was a bit surprised as to who wound up being chosen for the Top 25. I'd pegged yours as one of the ones the editors would be eating up.

I entered my historical last minute, but I knew it didn't really have a shot. My heroine is a madam/prostitute and my hero is poor, lacking social power, and more beta than alpha- very un-Harlequin hero material.

girlyswot

Registered
Reaction score
Website
myromancereviews.wordpress.com
Status
Not open for further replies.