A kick in the lady parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmonyisarine

Registered
Reaction score
In the past, I've been hit pretty squarely there. I was with a group of guys, in the country, and to maintain my status as a "tough girl" I only took a second to catch my breath (seriously knocks it out of you) and then grinned and kept going. It hurt for a few days, though. Mostly speaking up due to the earlier metric of "this or a tailbone?" Seeing as how I'm still suffering from a strong hit to the tailbone in midwinter, I'd choose the former every time. It's easier to keep weight off it while it's healing, at least. Tailbone's in the way no matter how I sit.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Oh hell yeah. I've never damaged my tailbone but my sister broke hers and it tooks months before it stopped hurting.

amaterasu152

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
It hurts like hell but it does not seem to be as bad as what men go through. It can feel bruised for a while, but it wouldn't incapacitate a woman.
False. A hit to the genitals hurts women more than men. The vulva has more nerve endings. The first link is a thesis which explains what I just said; the second explains how more nerve endings equals more pain. The third link is a playlist of women getting hit down there and reacting exactly like guys. You probably received a light and inaccurate hit, take a proper hit to the clit/vulva and you’ll see that it hurts like hell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts/comments/ah04jl

Science Dailyhttps://www.sciencedaily.com › 200...Study Reveals Reason Women Are More Sensitive To Pain Than Men

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFYfY8Y0RS1sKoQXW_5--XKtsk46xXQjc

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Whoa. We've got a handful of issues here, amaterasu152.

First, you will respect your fellow writer. "The girls in this thread are dumb" violates this rule, so you've got yourself an official warning.

Second, you have resurrected a thread from 2014, when I was but a sweet young thing. Please pay attention to the age of threads and don't "necro" without need.

Third, you have pasted the same reply to multiple people, using the reply button one time for each, resulting in that many posts. If you want to reply to several posts, click on Reply on each one. All will be copied into the text box for you to paste your reply once.

For the record, I believe you're wrong, but I don't care to argue about it.

I'm in a position of some authority here (modest blush) and I strongly urge you to do what was advised when you registered. Read the materials sent to you. Read the Newbies Guide. Introduce yourself at the Newbies board. Get a feel for the room, even the individual thread, before replying. Future failure to respect your fellow writer, or insistence on digging up ancient posts, are going to cause you grief.

Maryn, in her official capacity--and having received a hard blow in the area in question

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
For the record, I believe you're wrong, but I don't care to argue about it.

It hurts like hell but it does not seem to be as bad as what men go through. It can feel bruised for a while, but it wouldn't incapacitate a woman.
Why would you say its wrong? He showed you a thesis written by a medical student that shows how a groin hit hurts women just as much if not more than men. He also showed videos of how it can incapacitate women. So I'd like to see a refutation.

it says the vulva has more nerve endings and pain receptors such as a-delta and c-fibres. Plus he also explained and shared clips of it hurting women the same as men. Plus, i've seen men take hits to the nuts and act like nothing happened, meanwhile ive seen women who've taken light hits to the groin and fall into the fetal position.

Last edited:

Unimportant

No COVID yet. Still masking.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Why would you say its wrong? He showed you a thesis written by a medical student that shows how a groin hit hurts women just as much if not more than men. He also showed videos of how it can incapacitate women. So I'd like to see a refutation.

it says the vulva has more nerve endings and pain receptors such as a-delta and c-fibres. Plus he also explained and shared clips of it hurting women the same as men. Plus, i've seen men take hits to the nuts and act like nothing happened, meanwhile ive seen women who've taken light hits to the groin and fall into the fetal position.
IndraBC, this would work better if you were not, in fact, the same person as the banned amaterasu152. I believe it would be best if you took this obsession elsewhere.

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
IndraBC, this would work better if you were not, in fact, the same person as the banned amaterasu152. I believe it would be best if you took this obsession elsewhere.
I am not that person. It seems like this was 5 months ago, so I don't have this obsession. However, I read the thesis and watched those videos and they were pretty convincing. So I would only like to understand why they disagree.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I am not that person. It seems like this was 5 months ago, so I don't have this obsession. However, I read the thesis and watched those videos and they were pretty convincing. So I would only like to understand why they disagree.
A reddit comment is not a thesis.

It looks very much like you (and the other you) want to get people to click those links.

The question was asked for research purposes nearly a decade ago. No one is in need of this information currently, so this does not need to be discussed.

Reactions: Brigid Barry

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
A reddit comment is not a thesis.

It looks very much like you (and the other you) want to get people to click those links.

The question was asked for research purposes nearly a decade ago. No one is in need of this information currently, so this does not need to be discussed.
Its not a comment, its a post. And if you read it, youd know that he wrote a thesis about it but decided to share it on reddit. Again, that amaterasu person is not me. its been over 5 months since he left that comment.

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
As a moderator, I am telling all members to refrain from posting in this thread until one of the moderators for this room can assess the situation.

Reactions: IndraBC

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
As a moderator, I am telling all members to refrain from posting in this thread until one of the moderators for this room can assess the situation.
I'm very sorry. I did not mean to cause/stir trouble. That was not my intention.

• Angry
Reactions: Unimportant

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
New to the thread, I'm a female and not buying the idea a kick to my fairly well padded vulva hurts as much as a kick to an unpadded testicle. Seems like a clear false equivalency to me.

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
New to the thread, I'm a female and not buying the idea a kick to my fairly well padded vulva hurts as much as a kick to an unpadded testicle. Seems like a clear false equivalency to me.
The vulva does have a fat pad internally yes, but unless theres too much fat down there, it doesnt make up for the fact that the vulva contains more nerve endings than the balls. Its not a false equivalence, if you watch videos on groin shots on women, youll see that they react just like men do. The vulva is more sensitive to pain since theres an overwhelming amount of c-fibres and a-delta pain receptors.

the female pelvis is highly compact and such a kick could cause the shattering of coccyx and pelvic bones, leading to much more excruciating pain vs when kicking a guy.

A kick to the groin could lead to cervical trauma which in turn can be a risk factor for an incompetent cervix, a complication a woman can experience during pregnancy.

A kick to the groin can also damage the uterine lining due to inflammation/infection which could result in the buildup of scar tissue, making implantation of the zygote very difficult, if not impossible.

so maybe rethink it. At worst, itll be equal pain since both are highly sensitive areas. Not sure why youre doubting it.

You can read this, its eye opening: https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts/comments/ah04jl
we are readers after all.

Some more info:

Both the vulva and the testicles are highly sensitive areas of the body that can be very painful when subjected to trauma. However, the pain experienced from a kick to the vulva versus a kick to the testicles may be different due to differences in nerve endings and the location of the trauma.

The vulva is the external genitalia of the female reproductive system and is composed of several different structures, including the clitoris, labia minora, labia majora, and the vaginal opening. While these structures can provide some protection to the internal reproductive organs, they do not have any significant padding or protection against trauma.

On the other hand, the testicles are the male reproductive organs responsible for producing sperm and testosterone. They are located outside the body in the scrotum and are not protected by bone or other structures. While they are not padded, they do have a protective layer of muscle called the cremasteric muscle that can help to prevent injury from certain types of trauma.

Overall, it is not accurate to say that a kick to the vulva hurts less than a kick to the testicles. Both can be incredibly painful and can cause serious injury depending on the severity of the trauma. It is important to treat all types of physical violence with the same level of seriousness and to seek medical attention if you have experienced any kind of physical trauma.

The vulva has more nerve endings than the testicles. The vulva contains a dense network of nerve endings, particularly in the clitoris, which is a highly sensitive and erogenous zone. The clitoris alone contains around 8,000 nerve endings, making it one of the most sensitive parts of the human body. The labia and vaginal opening also contain many nerve endings, which can contribute to sexual arousal and sensation.

While the testicles are also sensitive and contain nerve endings, they do not have the same concentration of nerve endings as the vulva. However, it's important to note that the number of nerve endings does not necessarily determine the amount of pain experienced from trauma. Other factors, such as the force and location of the impact, can also contribute to the level of pain felt.

Dr. Robert Latou Dickinson's research on the anatomy of the female genitalia was published in the early 20th century, primarily in his book "The Pelvic Floor," which was first published in 1930. However, this book is not easily accessible online.

In terms of a more accessible source, the information about the additional 15,000 nerve endings in the vulva outside the clitoris has been widely cited in the scientific and medical literature. One example of a source that cites Dr. Dickinson's research is the textbook "Human Sexuality: An Encyclopedia," edited by Vern L. Bullough and Bonnie Bullough. In this book, it is stated that "the clitoris contains approximately 8,000 nerve endings, but there are an additional 15,000 in the surrounding tissue of the vulva, including the labia and vaginal opening" (p. 215).

Last edited:

MaeZe

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The vulva does have a fat pad internally yes, but unless theres too much fat down there, it doesnt make up for the fact that the vulva contains more nerve endings than the balls. Its not a false equivalence, if you watch videos on groin shots on women, youll see that they react just like men do. The vulva is more sensitive to pain since theres an overwhelming amount of c-fibres and a-delta pain receptors.

the female pelvis is highly compact and such a kick could cause the shattering of coccyx and pelvic bones, leading to much more excruciating pain vs when kicking a guy.

A kick to the groin could lead to cervical trauma which in turn can be a risk factor for an incompetent cervix, a complication a woman can experience during pregnancy.

A kick to the groin can also damage the uterine lining due to inflammation/infection which could result in the buildup of scar tissue, making implantation of the zygote very difficult, if not impossible.

so maybe rethink it. At worst, itll be equal pain since both are highly sensitive areas. Not sure why youre doubting it.

You can read this, its eye opening: https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts/comments/ah04jl
we are readers after all
Yeah ... no. Sorry, my clitoris has plenty of nerve endings. No way is it exposed in a kick to the groin.

Not sure what you are reading but it's crap. I'm pretty sure I know how my lady parts feel touch and pressure.

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah ... no. Sorry, my clitoris has plenty of nerve endings. No way is it exposed in a kick to the groin.

Not sure what you are reading but I'm pretty sure I know how my lady parts feel touch.
by that logic, you dont know how my testicles feel either. But i used a scientific approach to prove to you that the vulva is more sensitive than the testicles. The testicles are more exposed, I agree. But in terms of pain sensitivity, the vulva takes that. Im sorry.

Both the vulva and the testicles are highly sensitive areas of the body that can be very painful when subjected to trauma. However, the pain experienced from a kick to the vulva versus a kick to the testicles may be different due to differences in nerve endings and the location of the trauma.

The vulva is the external genitalia of the female reproductive system and is composed of several different structures, including the clitoris, labia minora, labia majora, and the vaginal opening. While these structures can provide some protection to the internal reproductive organs, they do not have any significant padding or protection against trauma.

On the other hand, the testicles are the male reproductive organs responsible for producing sperm and testosterone. They are located outside the body in the scrotum and are not protected by bone or other structures. While they are not padded, they do have a protective layer of muscle called the cremasteric muscle that can help to prevent injury from certain types of trauma.

Overall, it is not accurate to say that a kick to the vulva hurts less than a kick to the testicles. Both can be incredibly painful and can cause serious injury depending on the severity of the trauma. It is important to treat all types of physical violence with the same level of seriousness and to seek medical attention if you have experienced any kind of physical trauma.

The vulva has more nerve endings than the testicles. The vulva contains a dense network of nerve endings, particularly in the clitoris, which is a highly sensitive and erogenous zone. The clitoris alone contains around 8,000 nerve endings, making it one of the most sensitive parts of the human body. The labia and vaginal opening also contain many nerve endings, which can contribute to sexual arousal and sensation.

While the testicles are also sensitive and contain nerve endings, they do not have the same concentration of nerve endings as the vulva. However, it's important to note that the number of nerve endings does not necessarily determine the amount of pain experienced from trauma. Other factors, such as the force and location of the impact, can also contribute to the level of pain felt.

Dr. Robert Latou Dickinson's research on the anatomy of the female genitalia was published in the early 20th century, primarily in his book "The Pelvic Floor," which was first published in 1930. However, this book is not easily accessible online.

In terms of a more accessible source, the information about the additional 15,000 nerve endings in the vulva outside the clitoris has been widely cited in the scientific and medical literature. One example of a source that cites Dr. Dickinson's research is the textbook "Human Sexuality: An Encyclopedia," edited by Vern L. Bullough and Bonnie Bullough. In this book, it is stated that "the clitoris contains approximately 8,000 nerve endings, but there are an additional 15,000 in the surrounding tissue of the vulva, including the labia and vaginal opening" (p. 215).

again, read this: https://www.reddit.com/r/martialarts/comments/ah04jl
and watch videos on how women react from groin kicks in mma.

• Angry

Unimportant

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Again, no, just no. I am well aware of male and female anatomy. I have a master's degree in nursing science and a few decades of experience. I think that counts more than someone reading a Reddit thread or two.
and i've shown you research from doctors. if you truly had a masters degree in nursing science (which isnt experienced enough for this btw), then you would have an idea of how i am correct, feel free to refute it.

• Angry

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw the mod box. Post deleted but save if I need to post it later.

The thesis on reddit also explains how and goes deep into it. not sure why youre refusing this.

• Angry

IndraBC

Banned
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, just saw the mod box. Post deleted but saved if I need to post it later.
it is widely accepted in the medical community that the vulva contains more nerve endings than the testicles.

1. "Anatomy and Physiology for Midwives" by Jane Coad and Melvyn Dunstall. This textbook states that "the vulva is highly innervated, with a greater density of sensory receptors than the penis" (p. 106).
  2. "The Human Nervous System" by J. Nolte. This textbook explains that "the skin of the labia, clitoris, and vestibule is densely innervated with free nerve endings, Meissner corpuscles, and Pacinian corpuscles, providing the primary sensory innervation of the genitalia in females" (p. 528).
  3. "The Journal of Sexual Medicine" published a study in 2009 which found that the clitoris has a similar concentration of nerve endings as the tip of the penis, but the surrounding tissue of the vulva, including the labia and vaginal opening, contain an additional 15,000 nerve endings
  4. "The Anatomy of the Clitoris: Reconsidered" published in Clinical Anatomy in 2005. This study suggests that the clitoris extends far beyond the external visible structure and has extensive internal anatomical structures that are highly innervated with sensory nerve fibers
  5. Dr. Dickinson's research is the textbook "Human Sexuality: An Encyclopedia," edited by Vern L. Bullough and Bonnie Bullough. In this book, it is stated that "the clitoris contains approximately 8,000 nerve endings, but there are an additional 15,000 in the surrounding tissue of the vulva, including the labia and vaginal opening" (p. 215).
Also, nursing science is the study of the principles and application of nursing. You aren't a medical doctor or medical student so you mentioning that is useless

>A-delta fibers are myelinated, meaning they have a sheath around them that allows for faster transmission of signals. They transmit sharp, well-localized pain signals.

C-fibers, on the other hand, are unmyelinated, meaning they transmit signals more slowly. They transmit dull, diffuse pain signals.

Which both the vulva and testicles are filled with.

• Angry
Status
Not open for further replies.