Facebook- Need Help!!

ScribeLady

Registered
Reaction score
I have a Facebook page. I know how to use it to a very limited degree. However, I've never been able to find out how to distribute links to "friends." I can put articles on my Facebook page, but they don't go anywhere. There must be something in my settings that must be corrected, but don't know what!!

Can anyone give me some help with this?

Thanks.

Scribelady

Last edited:

atthebeach

In my happy place
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hmm. I am not a Facebook expert, but since no one else has tried to answer this, I will say that yes, it should be easy to do this, but probably not even something you need to do in settings.

There should be a way to ask your friends to "like" your page. I get these requests from friends all the time. I have not started a page and done this myself, but I can tell you some of them are not very techy and could do it. This is not to discourage you- rather, if you don't see an option, you might Google search and even see a link to click and take you to where you need to be to do the same.

It could also be your settings, but if so, I would imagine you would see an option there to "invite friends to like your page".

Also, when you post on your page, is there a way to "share" it to your regular facebook wall?

Oh- and going back to the very beginning: when you said you have a Facebook page, I assumed you meant this is an author page, in addition to your regular Facebook profile.

I just recalled where assuming usually brings me, so if you are new to Facebook and mean you created a profile and want friends to see your post, they do just by you posting. You do have to have connected with a list of "friends" first. You either ask others to be your friend, or they ask you. Then they will see posts (and your settings may allow friends of friends to view the posts as well, depending).

But if you have no "friends" on your Facebook account, then no one sees the post.

But, if my original assumption were correct, and you have friends who can see your original posts but are just not seeing posts on your author page, then go back to my original instructions and either invite them to like your page, or "share" a post from your page to your FB wall where your friends can see.

That is all I know about it so far, unless or until others chime in to add or correct my basic suggestions. Best wishes.

Last edited:

Lizzie7800

Registered
Reaction score
For me to get traffic through my FB Author page I need people interacting with my posts. I found a group to join where we interact with each other's posts. This gets them to have a much further reach. I also do lots of link parties to get traffic. I'm promoting my blog though (Which is where I'll primarily advertise my novel once it's published.). There are TONS of articles on marketing via FB, Twitter, etc. I try to read a few each day and implement the new things I learn. In the past few months I've learned so much, just take a small step each day.

mjlpsu

unidentifiable food tester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.boozefoodtravel.com
As atthebeach mentioned, you need to hit the share button after you post to your page so that it also posts to your personal feed. Otherwise, virtually no one will actually see it. Because Facebook wants your money, they will only show the posts from your page to a few of the people who actually "like" your page. When you share it, more people see it. It also helps if your friends and followers like the post so their friends and followers will see it. It's really quite annoying.

Sapphire135

Registered
Reaction score
As atthebeach mentioned, you need to hit the share button after you post to your page so that it also posts to your personal feed. Otherwise, virtually no one will actually see it. Because Facebook wants your money, they will only show the posts from your page to a few of the people who actually "like" your page. When you share it, more people see it. It also helps if your friends and followers like the post so their friends and followers will see it. It's really quite annoying.

I have a related question. When you post an article on your author page, do mean that after it posts you have to hit the "share" button? I have done this and it says something like "share with friends". I am worried about bogging down my friends and want to make sure this is the right way to get my post out there.

As it is now, my article just says it is "public". I suppose that means that anyone who goes to my page will see it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

KokkieH

Making this up as I go along
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kokkieh.blog
I have a related question. When you post an article on your author page, do mean that after it posts you have to hit the "share" button? I have done this and it says something like "share with friends". I am worried about bogging down my friends and want to make sure this is the right way to get my post out there.

As it is now, my article just says it is "public". I suppose that means that anyone who goes to my page will see it.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Anyone who goes to your page will see your posts, yes, but you have to get them to your page first, and preferably have them like the page while they're there, so promote the page and invite people to like the page. If someone likes your page, new posts you make on the page can appear in their feeds, same as posts on your personal profile do.

However, as mjlpsu said, Facebook doesn't show posts to even everyone who follows the page unless you pay them to promote it (one of the big differences between pages and profiles). But the more interaction (shares, likes and comments) a post gets, the more likely Facebook is to show it in other people's feeds, so by all means comment on and like your own posts on your page.

I have several Facebook friends who also follow my page, and I'm hesitant to share my page posts on my profile as well, exactly so they don't have to see the same thing shared twice every time, but it's your call whether you want to do that as well.

Only when I, for example, write a blog post I'm particularly proud of will I post it to my page and then share it to my profile, but most of the time I only post to the page, like via my profile, and leave it at that.