The Fellowship Cafe

Fabor

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Washington state of the United States, Earth, in t
I'm currently in the middle of my final read-through. I'll do a grammar, -ly, "to be" verbs, etc. check after that, then off to betas.

Let me know if anyone is interested in being a beta for this. This lastest ms is Christian fiction.

Let me know when it is ready for beta reading. I'm curious about the process of beta reading, as I'm working on my first novel. Good luck and keep writing.

Fabor

Registered
Reaction score
Washington state of the United States, Earth, in t
Burning as requested.

In August I managed to add 26,300 words to my WIP, a genearl market baseball novel titled In Front of Fifty Thousand Screaming People. A partial is with an agent I met at a conference, who wanted to see it even though it's not done. If I can keep up that pace, I'll finish it around October 10. Two beta readers and my writing group are having a go at it.

NDG
That all sounds great, I hope it works out well for you.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Whoa! Three weeks since the last post. I don't want to call Fabor a thread killer, but...:tongue

But, really, how is everyone doing? The title of the thread is "burn it up," so let's start the fire!

Personally, I'm slogging through query revisions. I'm eager to get back to writing, but I need to make an effort to see if I can get this thing published. So many ideas bouncing around in my head, though.

Norman D Gutter

Engineer Sonneteer
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
davidatodd.com
Did a spell check of novel no. 2 and sent it to the first two beta readers, printed it this morning to send it to a third.

Re-reading my novel no. 1 after letting it sit almost a year, prior to e-self-publishing it.

Robin Bayne

~writes for Him~
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.robinbayne.com
Checking in! Just finished proofing galleys for 2 upcoming novellas. One is a re-release of a prior story and the other will be part of White Rose Publishing's Christmas Extravaganza.

Have a new story in the works I need to get back to. Meanwhile the day job is a royal pain --federal bank examiners just left and state examiners come in next week. (all routine, but a huge waste of time.)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!

jaeladarling

I like less than half of you.
Registered
Reaction score
Sounds like everyone's been busy! I'm hopping on that bandwagon this weekend. I've been playing "mom" to three of my nieces this week, leaving me no time to write at all. But finally I get a chance to finish some much-needed edits and draft up a query or two. I'm so glad I did some leg work to find a few agents to send my work to. Time to crack my knuckles and get this sucker published! :D

I hope you all have a great weekend!

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Need to do major rewrite of PEACEWEAVER. Was slogging along without too much enthusiasm, till my brilliant crit partner gave me a whole new way to rewrite, and a whole new focus. In less than ten days, I've whizzed through half the MS.

Got the fire back! I couldn't be more pleased with how it's turning out.

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Meanwhile the day job is a royal pain --federal bank examiners just left and state examiners come in next week. (all routine, but a huge waste of time.)

Yeah, I remember those days in banking. I don't miss bank examiners. Of course, being in corporate and dealing with auditors from one of the Big 4 (PwC) isn't much different from my days of dealing with bank examiners. Such a pain.

Carradee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
mistiwolanski.com
Finished drafting 1 short story last night, and made progress for another. Need to finish draft of that other short story and of a novel before letting myself participate in NaNoWriMo, which I don't think is gonna happen. >_>

I'll probably participate unofficially, though, with a "50k words this month + finishing that incomplete novel" goal. :)

writingismypassion

~Charity~
Registered
Reaction score
I think I'm done editing my WIP. I finished last night, and I am so thankful. After one final read through (because I'm paranoid like that), I'll be ready for the beta process. It's a good feeling when you can see your story come together. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Hooray for pushing the WIP out of the nest, writingis!

I just got official word from The Agent: the "psycho angels turn Niagara Falls into the carnival from Hell" YA goes on sub one week from today.

I'll be in the corner, whimpering, if anyone wants me.

Deb Kinnard

Banned
Flounced
Reaction score
Website
www.debkinnard.com
Good on ya, Calla! May it find favor.

Today I hit the 3/4 done mark with the rewrite of PEACEWEAVER. One publisher wants to see if it I delete most of the romance, and another wants to see it only if it's primarily romance. C'est la guerre!

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
I was thinking about reviving this thread the other day. Glad to see writing's good news took care of that for me. :D

I'm working my way through the synopsis, then I will apply beta comments to the ms and finally start querying. Hopefully, that all happens before December. Ugh, way too busy with everything else.

writingismypassion

~Charity~
Registered
Reaction score
They don't make it easy do they, Deb? :) Good luck!

I think it's about to be a crazy time of the year for everyone. Hopefully we'll not only get through the holidays but enjoy them, too. Thanksgiving~ two weeks away. Yikes!

Gravity

Seen 'em come, seen 'em go
Registered
Reaction score
Once you've heard the truth, everything else is ju
Right now I'm finishing up final edits on Pitfall, the first of my new Cameron Bane suspense/thriller series (general market, not CBA).

After that it's off to my agent for a final polish, and then the querying begins. :D

David Poellot

Registered
Reaction score
Ok, I think I've seen that before, but let's see how dumb I can sound...

What does CBA stand for? I'm guessing Christian Book something. Just curious.