American Horror Story

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, he's been rocking the Cobain look, down to some of the same outfits.

Similar personality or mentality too. That grunge era that carried on in the '90s. Connie (JL character) commented how he has the soul of a poet, very sensitive and reacts to everything, feeling things intensely. Maybe even depressed, mentally ill, etc..

The high school ghosts (cast of current teen shows today, haha) were dressed in archetype high characters roles a'la '90s. It's like they were pushing him to confess, and at first I thought it was all an act on Tate's end, bullshiting them, but then I started thinking, maybe he forced himself to really forget. If he did go on a killing spree. He looked guilt-ridden and unwell towards the end of the episode.

This was my favorite episode so far. A really great episode, best yet. Much was revealed. The best scene was the ghosts all returning to Murder House or wherever they came from. I love how everything is connected.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
The high school ghosts (cast of current teen shows today, haha) were dressed in archetype high characters roles a'la '90s. It's like they were pushing him to confess, and at first I thought it was all an act on Tate's end, bullshiting them, but then I started thinking, maybe he forced himself to really forget. If he did go on a killing spree. He looked guilt-ridden and unwell towards the end of the episode.

And did you catch the flash of someone -- him, I'm sure -- in a mask in a school hallway or classroom?

As for the ghosts tormenting him, there was the jock, the cheerleader, the goth, the rocker and the geek. Basically, it was The Breakfast Club kids (if Molly Ringwald's character were a cheerleader instead of a princess). Loved it.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
And did you catch the flash of someone -- him, I'm sure -- in a mask in a school hallway or classroom?

As for the ghosts tormenting him, there was the jock, the cheerleader, the goth, the rocker and the geek. Basically, it was The Breakfast Club kids (if Molly Ringwald's character were a cheerleader instead of a princess). Loved it.

I think Violet even made a comment like that when she first saw them. One of my favorite lines of the episode.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score

Yep, yep. Noticed that. It was played out as a fantasy of his in the pilot with the face make-up and all, but I figured it probably happened by the second episode when I figured he was a ghost.

The first 5 minutes of this episode was spectacular. Had me on the edge of my seat. School shootings are scary, but this one with the library scene was horrifying and very WELL DONE. Tate was so cold-blooded. Like something finally snapped in his head.

Constance is Tate's mom. How many frikin' kids does she have? Why do her kids die on her? Is she so terrible of a mother? She realizes her love for the kids AFTER they die? LOL. Not funny, but made me think.

This episode was AMAZING! I loved it. These episodes are getting better and better. Tate was in the forefront. School shooting of the '90s.

E! on American Horror Story episode "Piggy, Piggy"

Posed some interesting questions.

Viv's baby seems REAALLY important to everyone -- including the ghosts. Was it just me, or did something seem off when Ben showed up for Viv's ultrasound and confirmed "I am the father." If it's obvious, why state it like that?

Next episode appears to be heavily focused on this baby. Everybody's got a story...

Last edited:

seun

Horror Man
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.lukewalkerwriter.com
I've only seen the first episode so I won't read this thread (not wanting to spoil it for myself). The setup for this is extremely unoriginal and I think the makers tried to cram too much into the pilot but the result is oddly interesting. I'll give Ep 2 a go next week.

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Dude. This last ep blew "Halloween Part 2" away. This was PHENOMENAL. My God, what they're doing with Tate and Violet is brilliant.

Tate + Violet
Taint + Violent

My God, the writers are GENIUSES.

Seriously. Love, love, love what they're doing with these two. Dark, horrific, unforgiving.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Um. Yeah. So I am officially addicted to this show now. That last episode was AMAZING. I have to agree, I love what they're doing with Tate and Violet -- I mean, that bathtub scene? So twisted and creepy and sad, but it made me squee a little inside at the same time. Which probably says something about me.

And Jessica Lange needs to be given her Emmy or Golden Globe now, I think. She is so. damn. good.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
How many episodes have aired? I'm watching on Hulu and I've seen up through the second half of the Halloween episode, but I don't remember the Tate thing. Granted, I've had him pegged as a ghost from pretty early on (part of what I love about him), but am I behind!?

I have to say this show really surprised me. I had three I wanted to check out and the other two have been pretty meh for me. This is the one I planned on checking out just to see how it was, expecting it to not be particularly good, and this is the one that has me checking Hulu for new episodes ever week lol. And the funny thing is I can't even decide for sure if I like it!

Anyway I'm enjoying it more with each week, and I think Tate and Violet are my main reasons for watching. I think the personal issues with the parents are scarier than anything else on the show. The ghost stuff is fun, though, and I love that the people in the house don't seem to realize that it's actually haunted yet.

I think I'm going to have to stop reading this thread since I'm pretty sure I'm really a week behind! Argh! The worst part is that I don't think it's available online at the moment. *runs off to see if this one's available on iTunes*

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Mwahaha! Found it on iTunes.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
How many episodes have aired? I'm watching on Hulu and I've seen up through the second half of the Halloween episode, but I don't remember the Tate thing. Granted, I've had him pegged as a ghost from pretty early on (part of what I love about him), but am I behind!?

Anyway I'm enjoying it more with each week, and I think Tate and Violet are my main reasons for watching. I think the personal issues with the parents are scarier than anything else on the show. The ghost stuff is fun, though, and I love that the people in the house don't seem to realize that it's actually haunted yet.

I think I'm going to have to stop reading this thread since I'm pretty sure I'm really a week behind! Argh! The worst part is that I don't think it's available online at the moment. *runs off to see if this one's available on iTunes*

I'm an Amazon person and being as impatient as I am, can't wait for reruns to air on FX, so I buy an episode.

6 episodes have aired so far. You're not that far behind. Yes, *claps* more Tate...and Violet, I suppose, since she's like his soul mate or whatever. She seems to be the only one who can reach him. I like that.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Okay I just finished and I loved that episode. Very cool and well done.

I think it's kind of horrible that I was sympathizing with Tate there at the end considering what he'd just done, but he seems like such a sweet, misguided kid. I just hope he gets a happy ending.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I've only seen the first episode so I won't read this thread (not wanting to spoil it for myself). The setup for this is extremely unoriginal and I think the makers tried to cram too much into the pilot but the result is oddly interesting. I'll give Ep 2 a go next week.

It gets better. I think Ryan Murphy is not quite the horror fan that we are, and he thought this was a lot more original than it was. But it is still quite good, and has gotten better with each episode.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
What I want to know is what's up with Ben and his patients? Has anyone else noticed they all come to him with a very specific fear, then that fear later comes true? At first, with Tara's mom (and by Tara's mom, I mean the actress who plays her on True Blood), I thought Ben had something to do with it since he woke up with no memory and blood on his hands. But he had nothing to do with the deaths of crazy murder house girl or Piggy Pig guy, and they both died similar to how they feared (getting practically cut in half, getting killed by the man in the bathtub). Hmm...

peace

 
Registered
Reaction score
My friends and I think that Vivian went crazy after catching Ben cheating, and then murdered them all -- now they're dead and the house is some sort of Hell.

peace

 
Registered
Reaction score
PS that episode was beyond creepy

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
What I want to know is what's up with Ben and his patients? Has anyone else noticed they all come to him with a very specific fear, then that fear later comes true? At first, with Tara's mom (and by Tara's mom, I mean the actress who plays her on True Blood), I thought Ben had something to do with it since he woke up with no memory and blood on his hands. But he had nothing to do with the deaths of crazy murder house girl or Piggy Pig guy, and they both died similar to how they feared (getting practically cut in half, getting killed by the man in the bathtub). Hmm...

Ooh, good point. I hadn't really noticed that connection, aside from the fact that Ben doesn't have very good luck with patients (and his patients don't have much luck with him).

My theory regarding Ben is that he's being possessed/influenced by the spirit of the doctor who built the house.

I said earlier that I have a hard time with stories where ghosts are able to interact with the living as though they're alive. Well, I think this is a case where it's done well. It opens up a lot of ambiguity and mystery that I find interesting. It works well with the tone of the show.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Crikey. I'm so addicted to this show. It just keeps getting more and more creepy!

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
I know, right? I'm an addict too. I just read this article with Ryan Murphy about what's planned for the future, and now I can. not. wait for next week! Rubber Man reveal. Eeep.

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
I'm very much addicted the the series. Getting better every week. I don't want it to end!

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Rubber [Suit] Man is supposedly revealed with the upcoming episode.

Episode 1.08 "Rubber Man"

Spoilerish?

Next week’s American Horror Story episode, appropriately titled “Rubber Man,” reveals pretty much everything about the infamous character (and EW cover star). Before the opening credits, viewers will know who’s behind that rubber mask, and lemme tell ya it’s a doozy. The wild episode also reveals why Rubber Man has impregnated Vivien as well as the origins of his suit. In this exclusive clip, Zachary Quinto’s Chad goes shopping for some fetish gear to spice up his love life with estranged boyfriend Patrick (Teddy Sears). His purchase will be familiar to fans of American Horror Story, but don’t worry spoiler phobes: This clip doesn’t necessarily reveal Rubber Man’s identity. (Hint: things get even more twisted once he brings the suit home.)

Can. Not. Wait.

Last edited:

Tanglewood

Registered
Reaction score
I can't imagine how this show could possibly get any weirder.

JohnnyGottaKeyboard

Who let this guy in...?
Registered
Reaction score
On the rooftoop where he climbed when the laughter
I can't imagine how this show could possibly get any weirder.
By having Tate be the Rubber Man.

I seriously thought Eric Close would be the Rubber Man. He's much hotter than the kid playing Tate...Or at least closer to my age so I can say that without feeling creepy. Scenes from next week made it look like they were straying into OMEN territory. I hope that's not true. Maybe it's just Viv's dream.

I love Moira.

Last edited: