American Horror Story

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
But but thinks Hayden is alive. He thinks she and the burned man were just messing with his head.

That's why Hayden had to do that "I had the abortion" schtick. Ben doesn't know.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
You mean she might plant the idea that Violet is dead? That would surprise me, because she wouldn't want anything tipping her own hand and sending him running for the hills. She needs him to father her antichrist baby.

I can't believe I just wrote that.

Still, Hayden playing with it or no, I am intrigued by the idea that you guys have put forth about Violet. That would be interesting.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
But but thinks Hayden is alive. He thinks she and the burned man were just messing with his head.

That's why Hayden had to do that "I had the abortion" schtick. Ben doesn't know.

Do we know that? I couldn't figure out why he wasn't more shocked when he saw her, but he's the one who actually put her in the hole, covered her up, and built a gazebo over her. I don't see how he's convinced himself that it was just an elaborate prank.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Do we know that? I couldn't figure out why he wasn't more shocked when he saw her, but he's the one who actually put her in the hole, covered her up, and built a gazebo over her. I don't see how he's convinced himself that it was just an elaborate prank.

Really? Even I would believe she was alive and deranged despite my having killed and buried her if she showed up on my doorstep. I'm not sure doorbell-ringing ghost would be my first thought. And Ben is a psychiatrist, so looking for rational explanations is sort of his go to defense for weird shit. Plus, Hayden was unstable and desperate even when alive, so I think Ben has plenty of reason to believe she's alive and just screwing with him in an extreme way.

Anyway, I really, really don't want Violet to be dead. I will be so disappointed. With as much as she knew, I'd think she would be aware like Hayden and Moira are. But if the theory is true, she doesn't seem to be aware.

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, a couple of episodes back, when she popped up, Ben flipped and made the assumption that they were messing with him. He damn near killed the burned man over it.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score

This is the only gripe I have about the series. The shrink and his wife are so, "yeah yeah, whatever," about so much stuff that is freaking us all out. It perturbs me.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Or maybe we're just supposed to think that about Violet.

The shrink and his wife are so, "yeah yeah, whatever," about so much stuff that is freaking us all out. It perturbs me.

Yeah, I knda felt like that when the nurse freaked out about the baby and Vivian didn't bother to follow up on that until a few weeks later. (I think it was a few weeks in-story, too.) Maybe the house makes them?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Yeah, I knda felt like that when the nurse freaked out about the baby and Vivian didn't bother to follow up on that until a few weeks later. (I think it was a few weeks in-story, too.) Maybe the house makes them?
One of the bigger fails in the show for me so far.

I actually don't really like it all that much. I'm obligated to the plot now, but not really compelled by it.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
One of the bigger fails in the show for me so far.

I actually don't really like it all that much. I'm obligated to the plot now, but not really compelled by it.

This is how I feel at this point. I'll certainly finish this season, but beyond that I don't know.

Last edited:

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe we're just supposed to think that about Violet.

Well you pretty much called it. This was a fantastic episode. I loved it -- one of my faves of the season. The scene of Violet trying to leave the house was so well done; best acting I've scene from her (Taissa Farmiga) on the show.

I think Tate found his match in Ben with that struggle to put him out. Great stuff.

Everybody does love Travis, how can you not :D

I don't know how many times Tate told Violet he loved her and to trust him in the episode, I almost started a tally.

Of course Vivien has to have the babies inside the house. Wow. that's really going to be something.

I'm glad things were revealed in this episode.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Damn this show! I'm so addicted. :)

Poor Violet.

Constance is a grade-a b-word. And that's how I love her.

:D

"Boy Dahlia" hehehehe...

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
So... yeah. A question: if Tate's really known all along what he was, then what was the initial point of him seeing a shrink? Why would Constance do that? It makes no sense now -- just one reason why I really didn't want them to go where they did. Alas. At least maybe now she can give Hayden the ghostly beat down she so deserves.

I'm curious to see how Ben and Vivian handle it when they find out...

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
Do we need a reason for Constance doing anything? She's a hot mess of wtf!?

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Let's see how they rationalize the missing exterminator...
Yeah, and the Terminix van that never leaves. I suppose Ben's just going to give a shrug and steer around it in the driveway for the rest of the series?

You know, cars present a lot of trouble for television shows. Reliably, at least once a season, Dexter barrel rolls a stolen car into a place that, once investigated, should cause him a great deal of trouble. Never does. The-powers-that-be tow away the wreckage and the person who lost his or her car never files any sort of report.

Last edited:

Poetic_Justice

Pondering affirmation
Registered
Reaction score
I knew Violet was dead. I especially knew when there was "something" in the floors.

I wonder if Tate just left the body there, under the floor as well. Man, murder house must smell horribly. I wonder if Constance is going to put limestone outside a la A Rose For Emily :p .

Though, Violet dead is going to put her parents in a rough spot if no one finds out about her. Truancy is already on Ben's case about Violet not being in school. How are they going to make that go away? Or if they find the body -- you would think someone would get into trouble for that.

ChaosTitan

Around
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kellymeding.com
So... yeah. A question: if Tate's really known all along what he was, then what was the initial point of him seeing a shrink? Why would Constance do that? It makes no sense now -- just one reason why I really didn't want them to go where they did. Alas. At least maybe no

Didn't we find this out? That Constance wanted Tate to see a shrink because Tate doesn't remember how he died (which he told to Violet this week)? Constance is no authority on ghosts, so maybe she rationalized that going to a doctor might help him come to terms with what he did (the school shootings) and how he died (suicide by cop) so he can move on.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Didn't we find this out? That Constance wanted Tate to see a shrink because Tate doesn't remember how he died (which he told to Violet this week)? Constance is no authority on ghosts, so maybe she rationalized that going to a doctor might help him come to terms with what he did (the school shootings) and how he died (suicide by cop) so he can move on.

The way I remember it, she wanted him to see a shrink because he didn't know he was dead, period. And when Violet found out he was a ghost, didn't Constance drill it into her that she couldn't tell Tate because he wouldn't be able to handle it, or something like that?

Eh, this is why I'm disappointed they went there, because now things they've set up have fallen apart and make no sense. But who knows? Maybe they'll explain it all away in a way that's brilliant! *fingers crossed*

Jehhillenberg

N/A
Registered
Reaction score
Or maybe Constance wanted Tate to see Ben to repair their mother/son relationship -- which I find very entertaining. LOL I just wanted to throw that out there for kicks. :D

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Huh.

Now it's been revealed, I'm almost disappointed. After all, it is what we've been expecting (or led each other to expect).

How much cooler would it have been if at the season finale, Violet had been revealed to be the only one from the family still alive?

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score

I knew that she had mentioned a reason, but could not for the life of me remember why. Thanks for the refresher!

Another question, didn't Constance's first hubby die in the house? Have we seen his ghost?

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Questions lingering...

1. Why do some ghosts not know they're dead (Violet, Nora), others know they're dead but not how they died (Tate), and still others remember everything (Hayden)?

2. Moira has said repeatedly that once her remains are discovered, she would be free. I assume that's just her dearest hope, because that would also seem to be completely untrue (Travis' body was found, as was the starlet from the 1940s, the two nurses and the gay couple, yet they are all still bound in the house).

3. How did Nora's husband (first doc from the 1920s) actually animate the infantata (or whatever it's called)? And where is that crazy cannibalistic ghost thing?

As hooked as I am, I'm sorta hoping that Ben torches the house (after Vivien and the babies die horrible deaths) with him inside, a la what happened to Larry, freeing all the ghosties, and leaving Constance with nothing. And I'm hoping this happens sooner rather than later.

cherita

Registered
Reaction score
Huh.

Now it's been revealed, I'm almost disappointed. After all, it is what we've been expecting (or led each other to expect).

How much cooler would it have been if at the season finale, Violet had been revealed to be the only one from the family still alive?

This is exactly how I feel. It would've been so much cooler! What they did choose feels so obvious and easy. Oh well, I'm still curious about the demon baby. And how the hell a ghost can knock a living woman up. Among other things.

...as was the starlet from the 1940s...

As hooked as I am, I'm sorta hoping that Ben torches the house (after Vivien and the babies die horrible deaths) with him inside, a la what happened to Larry, freeing all the ghosties, and leaving Constance with nothing. And I'm hoping this happens sooner rather than later.

I don't know why, but referring to the Black Dahlia as some "starlet from the 40s" made me chuckle a little inside. Poor Elizabeth Short. She's famous, dammit!

And I'm with you, I'm still hooked but... yeah.

DancingMaenid

New kid...seven years ago!
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe Constance doesn't realize that Tate knows he's a ghost. Or maybe she told Violet that because Tate wanted Violet to think he was alive.

I'm not disappointed with how things have turned out, but I'm really interested to see how it develops.