Status
Not open for further replies.

Polenth

Mushroom
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.polenthblake.com
I have gotten feedback about recapping, as well. The readers who began with book one don't want/need the info. and new readers, if they like a later book in the series, will purchase the earlier books to get caught up. I no longer add in important past events as memories or whatever.

I've seen some discussion about having a "last time on..." sort of thing for novels. So people who want to recap can read the brief recap. And those who don't can ignore it. I don't think it's caught on in a major way, but it seems like it could be useful for some long series.

Spell-it-out

I'm gonna give all my secrets away
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Great work Celeste! I think you should offe the short for free if possible, as you've very little to gain financially should you charge 0.99 cents, whereas your readers will appreciate the free story about characters that they already know. Plus, it may even grab some new readers for your other work should the short catch someone's attention.

merrihiatt

Writing! Writing! Writing!
Absolute Sage
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
Website
merrihiatt.com
I've seen some discussion about having a "last time on..." sort of thing for novels. So people who want to recap can read the brief recap. And those who don't can ignore it. I don't think it's caught on in a major way, but it seems like it could be useful for some long series.

I like that idea. Thanks for sharing it.

Celeste Carrara

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com

I like this idea!

Great work Celeste! I think you should offe the short for free if possible, as you've very little to gain financially should you charge 0.99 cents, whereas your readers will appreciate the free story about characters that they already know. Plus, it may even grab some new readers for your other work should the short catch someone's attention.

Thank you!

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Thank you AgathaChristieFan!

Yesterday there was promo done for Give Me Forever at this blog and I love how it came out!
http://literalhottiesnaughtybookreviews.blogspot.com/2013/06/give-me-forever-book-tour-giveaway.html

Today I am over at this blog and did an interview that was fun!
http://rachelleighromance.blogspot.com/2013/06/welcome-erotic-romance-author-celeste.html

I still can't stop smiling about that review Harlie's Books gave Give me Forever!! :)

So far I'm really enjoying this virtual book tour/blog tour!

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Well, today I stopped smiling :(
Another family member of mine lost their battle with cancer. This makes 2 cousins of mine in a 1 month period. Nothing else to say other than it sucks! Big time!

I'm trying to stay focused on my work and my kids, but it's been tough. My daughter is doing a bit better but I do not have the words to describe what a mother goes through when their child has a debilitating disease and there is nothing you can do to ease their pain. But still, we find a way to press on and do what is necessary.

I'm sorry to get so personal & depressing!

On my virtual book tour today I am at 2 different blogs.

This one has an excerpt and an interview:
http://alliwantandmore.blogspot.com/2013/06/author-interview-tour-wide-giveaway.html

This one has a review (which I shouldn't have read today lol) and an excerpt:
http://romancebookworm.com/2013/06/19/blog-tour-stop-give-me-forever-by-celeste-carrara/

So far, still no reviews posted from my Library Thing Giveaway I did in April.

Only one sale since my blog tour started & it wasn't for the book I'm promoting lol

No sales of the paperback edition of Give Me Forever.

It is day 14 and iBooks is still "publishing" Give Me Forever through D2D.

I am up to about 16,000 words on an erotic romance novella I'm writing and I really like it so far.

My editor is doing the last round of edits for a different erotic romance novella I wrote.

I still don't know what to do about that short story I wrote for my series. It's out with my betas for now.

That's all the updates I have for now. Hopefully I will be able to get some writing done this week! I still haven't given any attention to my next novel in my series. :eek:

RLMcKeown

The rambling bard
Registered
Reaction score
Website
rebeccamckeownwrites.com
I'm so sorry to hear that, Celeste. I'll keep you and you family in my thoughts.

I haven't had any reviews or sales from my Goodreads giveaway either. I still might try giving away ebooks with LibraryThing, but I've been to busy to think about it much.

Ann Joyce

It's all about grace
Registered
Reaction score
Celeste, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. A VERY dear friend of ours lost his battle with cancer yesterday as well. It is a hard thing to deal with. Unfortunately, I have lost many near and dear to me to that insidious disease, including my mother when she was only 49.

My sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with you!

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Celeste, I'm so very sorry for your loss, and for the difficult time you're having at home. You're doing an amazing job just keeping going, let alone keeping going with such positivity and care.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
I'm so sorry to hear that, Celeste. I'll keep you and you family in my thoughts.

I haven't had any reviews or sales from my Goodreads giveaway either. I still might try giving away ebooks with LibraryThing, but I've been to busy to think about it much.

Thank you. Maybe I'm impatient. lol I'm hopeful the reviews will come soon & I'm sure they will for you too!

Celeste, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. A VERY dear friend of ours lost his battle with cancer yesterday as well. It is a hard thing to deal with. Unfortunately, I have lost many near and dear to me to that insidious disease, including my mother when she was only 49.

My sympathy, thoughts, and prayers are with you!

Thank you and my sympathy & prayers are with you as well.

Celeste, I'm so very sorry for your loss, and for the difficult time you're having at home. You're doing an amazing job just keeping going, let alone keeping going with such positivity and care.

Thank you! I'm really trying my best. :)

Celeste, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I just wanted to jump in and wish you luck with your blog tour and your books. *hugs

Thank you very much!

Celeste, sorry for your loss.
Wishing you the best.

Thanks Judy.

All of you are really very kind, thank you so much for your words.

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
Lots of activity by you creating lots of opportunity for the future. I like it.

Thanks Norman!

My condolences, Celeste. Stay strong. You are doing an amazing job and I salute you.

Thank you so much!

So sorry, Celeste. I've had cancer and know how damaging both it and the treatment can be. ** gentle hugs **

Oh Merri I'm so sorry you had to go through that! Thank you for the hugs and I'm sending a big one back to you!

sarahdalton

Banned
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your loss, Celeste. I always find that writing and focussing on work helps during the bad times, so I hope it helps you too! Good luck with the books. Wishing you lots of success!

iron9567

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss I hope your days get easier to get through soon.
thanks
iron

Celeste Carrara

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.celestecarrara.com
So sorry to hear about your loss, Celeste. I always find that writing and focussing on work helps during the bad times, so I hope it helps you too! Good luck with the books. Wishing you lots of success!

Thank you Sarah.

I'm sorry for your loss I hope your days get easier to get through soon.
thanks
iron

Thank you!

Sorry, Celeste. That really sucks. Hang in there.

Thanks Rob.

Sorry for your loss.

Thank you.

Well I got through it and I'm ready to put all the recent sad events behind me.

My daughters struggle is an ongoing thing & there is no cure for what she has but we are taking it day by day.

A few updates:

The cover for Give Me Forever is in the Aug issue for RT reviews magazine & it's available now at B&N stores! The cover is amongst others for an AD done by All Romance Ebooks. I haven't seen it yet, but my husband bought it for me so when I get it I'll post a picture.

The book has gotten a few more reviews on Amazon & Goodreads. Two were from bloggers that hosted my tour. They each have it 3 stars. The one blogger who loved the book only put her review on her blog.

The tour for the book was fun & two readers that followed the tour already read the book & said they loved it so that was great. Sales haven't been great. I think 7 so far. Goddess Fish Promotions ran the tour for me & they were so worth the $45 I spent! They made it all so easy! They kept on top of everything & had great communication throughout. I will use them again.

My editor got back to me & my erotic romance novella still needs work. That's what I'll be working on this week. I want to get this out in July. Hopefully it'll be doable. We'll see!

Thank you all so much for the support!

Status
Not open for further replies.