The Legend of Korra

Cai

fish biscuit
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so excited for it! I could watch the trailer over and over again. (In fact, I do.)

Last edited:

Manuel Royal

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
donnetowntoday.blogspot.com
Okay. I've never heard of this particular anime thing. Can anybody provide a coherent description of their feelings about this project, either positive or negative, using complete, informative sentences?

ETA: Never mind. Did a little research, and watched the trailer that Zoombie was linking to when he passed out and his nose held down the key for the exclamation point.

The premise sounds idiotic (why do people keep using the ancient imaginary "four elements"?) But, the artwork is nice. So, I guess it comes down to how good the storytelling is.

Last edited:

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Okay. I've never heard of this particular anime thing. Can anybody provide a coherent description of their feelings about this project, either positive or negative, using complete, informative sentences?

ETA: Never mind. Did a little research, and watched the trailer that Zoombie was linking to when he passed out and his nose held down the key for the exclamation point.

The premise sounds idiotic (why do people keep using the ancient imaginary "four elements"?) But, the artwork is nice. So, I guess it comes down to how good the storytelling is.

There's nothing imaginary about the four elements my friend, they've just changed terminology to the four states of matter--solid, liquid, gasses, and okay not matter, but energy.

pbook

Registered
Reaction score
Just watched the trailer, looks good.

Release date not mentioned on site though, ??

Ashleigh Nicole

But you can call me Paige.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ashleighcalhoun.blogspot.com
I'm excited for Legend of Korra too, as is my older brother (who could just about be the definition textbook of a fanboy for the show; if it's on television, he's watching it). I expect it to be amazing. Oh, why is it going to be so long before the series premieres?!

I just hope the series doesn't do the impossible and suck to the point where I have to compare it to the movie. I never want to hear myself think or say, "Well, at least it's not as bad as the movie."

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

This a a follow series to Nickelodeon's Avatar the Last Airbender series. It was one of the best shows. Premise, one person is the Avatar, master of all four elements. When the current Avatar dies, the next is born.

In each Kingdom there are benders, those who can control the element of their kingdom.

At the beginning of Airebender, the Fire Nation is nearing the end of a 100 year old war to control the world. Only two strong holds remain opposing them, Ba Sing Sei, the capital of the Earth Kingdom and the Water Tribe of the North Pole.

Aang, an airbender, and current Avatar is 12 years old and emerges from stasis to learn of the world and the extinction of the other Airbenders at the hands of the Fire Nation.

He is befriended by a brother and sister. Sokka and Katara, she's the last water bender in the southern water tribe. Their story takes the across the world so Aang can master all the elements and defeat Fire Lord Ozai before the arrival of a comet which will give the Fire Benders unlimited power and bring about the end of the war by burning everything to rubble.

The series is on DVD and well worth watching

Korra is the story of Aang and Katara's daughter, the next Avatar

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score

sd fbuasimsl;odminsauodnbaso

Read what Reddog said, my head just exploded.

Seriously, though, Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of those once in a lifetime shows where nearly everything works because everyone clearly cared a lot about the project. The show passes the Bacchanal test (do two women talk to one another and talk about something other than men) with flying colors and has a wide diversity of race and ethnicity.

Plus, it didn't treat it's audience like idiots.

Also, it's on Netflix, soooo yeah.

Go watch it!

LOG

Lagrangian
Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing imaginary about the four elements my friend, they've just changed terminology to the four states of matter--solid, liquid, gasses, and okay not matter, but energy.
Eeeyup.
That's how I've translated them in some of my novels.
I even made a little symbol for it in one: a triangle with a circle in the middle. The triangle is split into three parts that way, one for each state of matter, and then the circle in the middle is split in half like a yin-yang sign to represent energy and the lack thereof that drive the changes between states of matter.

Guardian

just the worst honestly
Registered
Reaction score
I've been looking forward to this hardcore. I have a feeling I'll miss a lot of episodes, though.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Korra is the story of Aang and Katara's daughter, the next Avatar

Actually, Korra is the next Avatar after Aang. She's no relation to him (as far as I know). She does, however, learn airbending from Aang and Katara's son, Tenzin.

Seriously, though, Avatar: The Last Airbender is one of those once in a lifetime shows where nearly everything works because everyone clearly cared a lot about the project. The show passes the Bacchanal test (do two women talk to one another and talk about something other than men) with flying colors and has a wide diversity of race and ethnicity.

Plus, it didn't treat it's audience like idiots.

Also, it's on Netflix, soooo yeah.

Go watch it!

All of this. All of it. (Sidenote: Bechdel Test. ;))

I can't wait for this show. Hopefully Nickelodean won't give it the scheduling troubles that plagued A:tLA. I don't think my poor heart could stand huge mid-season hiatuses again.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Kate, I knew there was a connection to Aang and Katara. It's their son who teaches her. I thought I might be wrong because the new avatar is only born when the current avatar dies.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
Don't sweat it. I'm a little obsessive. ;) Though last rumors I heard was that Korra might be Sokka and Suki's daughter/granddaughter. Don't know if I believe it, but it's nice to speculate how the creators are going to tie the two series together.

MostlyMisha

Just starting out~
Registered
Reaction score
THE TRAILER WAS SO AWESOME! Ugh~ I just cannot wait!!!

Love the metal bending cops~ I just keep thinking "Toph created that! Woot woot!" xDDD

I just. can't. wait.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I don't actually think they're metalbenders. I think they've got technological aides to help them fight benders. Isn't the city supposed to be really anti-bender?

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
From what I read, it seems to me the anti-benders are just a political faction in the city.

MostlyMisha

Just starting out~
Registered
Reaction score
I don't actually think they're metalbenders. I think they've got technological aides to help them fight benders.

At Comic-Con they talked about how the cops are metal benders and Toph's daughter is their Commissioner~

Last edited: