Welcome, Lurkers!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
som1, that avatar totally kills me. Please tell me that's not your cat.

I have a suggestion for newbies leery of posting, but I think I'll start a new thread. Then it'll look like I've been semi-productive today instead of spending ninety minutes driving seven miles. (I was not a Christmas procrastinator, since I was going to pick up something ordered weeks ago.)

Maryn, patting her own back

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
I've been writing Erotica laced stories for a number of years. It was something thought I would never do. BAM-8 years later, still cranking it out (er, stories that is!). I've written countless stories in just about every genre that had a erotic or more-than-erotic flavor to it.

I say, if yas lurk, then break free of the chains of preconceptions, unshackle the bonds of inhibition. I did and have never looked back!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Tin Man. (Is it true, you have a heart?)

Actually, I saw The Wizard of Oz without commercial interruption last year, I think for the first time, although I've seen it on network TV dozens of times. Without the ads, it was a vastly different and far better experience--and sharing a bottle of wine with Mr. Maryn didn't hurt, either.

Maryn, who tutored Burt Lahr's granddaughter in college

Boston Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm Steve, and I pretty much flunked out of that 'lurking' class in college. If a forum catches my interest sufficiently that I consider it worth reading, I very quickly start getting the itch to post and jump in on the conversations.

Let's see, the bio details: married (with children), monogamous, and a little bit kinky. No, I'm not going to specify how kinky, or in what ways.

Like a lot of people, I started writing erotica privately, for my partner, and eventually got the desire to break out of that box and start writing things involving characters that weren't necessarily thinly disguised stand-ins for the two of us and situations that might not have a realistic possibility of taking place in our bedroom (or wherever). I've posted a bunch of my work, both solo efforts and co-authored with my writing partner, in another forum — not primarily a writer's forum, but with a nook for erotica — but outside a core group of us who take it seriously, a lot of the feedback there tends to be of the 'good job' or 'that was HAWT' back-slapping variety. I consider my writing just good enough that I recognize how much further room it has for improvement, and I came here primarily out of a desire to get better.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...and a little bit kinky. No, I'm not going to specify how kinky, or in what ways.

... I've posted a bunch of my work, both solo efforts and co-authored with my writing partner, in another forum — not primarily a writer's forum, but with a nook for erotica — but outside a core group of us who take it seriously, a lot of the feedback there tends to be of the 'good job' or 'that was HAWT' back-slapping variety.
Stuff like this always make me wonder if I know you online, each of us using another name.

Maryn, who'll never tell

Boston Steve

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Stuff like this always make me wonder if I know you online, each of us using another name.

Maryn, who'll never tell

If you've encountered my writing elsewhere, it's under a screen name sufficiently similar to this one that you'd recognize it.

Forums where kinky stuff is discussed, I'll never tell either. :tongue

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
Welcome, Tin Man. (Is it true, you have a heart?)

Actually, I saw The Wizard of Oz without commercial interruption last year, I think for the first time, although I've seen it on network TV dozens of times. Without the ads, it was a vastly different and far better experience--and sharing a bottle of wine with Mr. Maryn didn't hurt, either.

Maryn, who tutored Burt Lahr's granddaughter in college

The Wizard of Oz is a touchstone film for many, a pop-cultural iconic film for its genre. I agree, most of us have watched it, traditionally around Easter time on network TV, but to see it with out said interruptions is kool in the gang. Especially with a loved one and a fine vintage!:)

And, to answer your query, yes I do. A man's heart. For one could do without a brain and live in blissful ignorance. Courage, while a desirable,masculine trait, however, to prove your mettle is a rare thing these days in our victimization centered society. They say character is what you are in the dark, however, it conceals many things. Cowardice also lends itself to shadow and one can slip into its inky embrace, and none could be the wiser.

A Heart, that is the most vital organ, for it is life. Without it, we are inert. Just a bag of flesh and bone. It is also a symbol of our poetic soul. Even in it's physicality, the heart is beautiful. It throbs, beats with a sensual rhythm; a sexy, bio mechanical pulse that fuels our passion.

That's why the Tin Man is one sexy machine.;)

Ok, time for my meds......

Last edited:

TheWhalewatcher

Humble new member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
killercat.blogspot.com
Hi guys
I don't write erotica as a genre but my writing cointains parts of murky passion :D My model is Anais Nin, which I admire greatly. Just requested the password, i hope I can learn something from your examples.

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A pleasure to have you here. Is that a whale in your pants, or are you glad to see us?

Maryn, corny as hell

Reactions: FireCat

Sneaky Devil

Tale-spinner
Registered
Reaction score
*waits patiently for her PM to be replied to*

Hey, I figured it was about time I joined the fray...sort of anyway. I've only been spying lurking since.. oh, I don't know, I first signed up on AW. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

TheWhalewatcher

Humble new member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
killercat.blogspot.com
Hey, thanks for the nice welcomes! Tin Man, I love your signature (Henry Miller is another one of my favourites ;) ).
I'm still waiting for my password too. In the meanwhile I am catching up with the Water Cooler threads... this forum looks addictive... not good... too many distractions from my work :)

Martina from Ireland

Tin Man

Chicks dig the metal.
Registered
Reaction score
Thank ye. Yes, AW is quite addicting.

See ya in the E threads!

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Who's the sneaky devil who's snuck snicked snookered snuckted sneaked in?

We welcome all lurkers, especially those with the courage to announce their presence. Nice to see you!

Maryn, reminding you it's a cash bar

Zora

Registered
Reaction score
Hi. I'm very much a lurker (it took forever for me to even join AW), but I want to join in on some of the fun and improve my writing, so here I am. :D

edit: ThanksBookewyrme!

Last edited:

robbiejamieson

Registered
Reaction score
I too have been lurking for a while now and finally managed to join and make my first post. I have already learned so much from all of you and can't wait to join in the fun!

DrZoidberg

aka TomOfSweden
Registered
Reaction score
Website
tomknox.se
I'm an oftentimes-lurker, sometimes-poster.

I can haz JRM gift basket nao, SP? :)

But seriously, it can be a bit intimidating, but everyone is really sweet and welcoming here.

You've amassed almost four thousand posts in under a year. I wouldn't define that as lurking in a million years. That's more like being a prolific poster. I think a thousand posts a year is a high number.

Eden Connor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
edenconnor.com
Hi everyone!

I'm brand new here, and this is my first post, so I am most defiantly not a lurker. That implies an ability to keep my mouth shut that I do not possess. I read erotic romance, I write erotic romance and I want to publish my erotic romances. Here for the party and the help.

At my age, there's no time to waste.

Synonym

Registered
Reaction score
At my age, there's no time to waste.

Good one. :) I have the same feeling, best get with the program before it's too late or I can't remember where I left the computer. Of course, I'm making the assumption you aren't barely twenty-one, but I tend to make lots of assumptions.

Wade right in, look around and ask questions. We don't bite. ;)

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, new faces, and welcome to you all.

And now a pep-talk about posting for critique: Do it.

Oh, not right away. Make the work you post as good as you can, going over it for every kind of mistake there is. Run a spell-check, a grammar-check (they're crap, but they do catch some goofs), read some of what others have posted and the criticisms and suggestions made, return to your own work with horror and fix those same mistakes, then just format it (blank line between paragraphs, please, and a font no smaller than AW's default size) and post, even if you suspect it isn't very good. If you need critics to be gentle, say so.

And why would you post something knowing others here might be able to tear it apart? Because when that's done by someone who knows what s/he's talking about and explains it--and who also makes a point of being good-natured about critique and reinforces what you're doing right--your learning curve climbs sharply.

So post your work when you feel it's ready, knowing we won't give praise where it's not yet due but will help you make it much better, if that's what's needed.

All for one and one for all, right?

Maryn, aka the seventh, or maybe eight, musketeer*

* Joined only for the cool boots

Last edited:

Rose English

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Quick, somebody post after me, I can be seen 'on the outside'! :e2paperba