Eminem's new song -- Berzerk

L. Y.

Thread surfer and virtual bartender
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it had a smooth flow. And I thought it was interesting how he contrasted the anger (passion?) of his rap with the laid back feel of the beat.

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I like this one a *lot* more than the last two he released.

"Rap God" is probably my favorite right now. Blows my mind how he comes up with some of the plays on words...and how fast he raps.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
i have no idea if this is correct or not because i'm too lazy to look it up but i thought that nate ruess wrote that song.
headlights.

Nate Ruess wrote the part that he sings. The chorus and the last verse. I love that bit!

But the verses are pure Em. It's all about the difficult relationship he had with his mother, an apology for airing her dirty laundry, and a message of forgiveness for what she did.

I love it, because it's about how a family can go through really difficult time and still forgive each other and love each other. It's hopeful.

And it's amazing how well he and Nate Ruess worked together on that song. They flow together so well.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I thought it had a smooth flow. And I thought it was interesting how he contrasted the anger (passion?) of his rap with the laid back feel of the beat.

Yes, that's very true. That tone he uses in this is kind of an angry tone. But this is more of an emotional song, and his anger is directed at the absence of his mother in his life, and the lives of his children. And perhaps at himself.

Celia Cyanide

Joker Groupie
Registered
Reaction score
I like this one a *lot* more than the last two he released.

"Rap God" is probably my favorite right now. Blows my mind how he comes up with some of the plays on words...and how fast he raps.

I really enjoyed Recovery. Relapse not so much. But with Eminem, I don't think he's ever put out an album I didn't like anything about. Even at his worst, there is just something about him that I like. I enjoy the sound of his voice, and his music speaks to me.

But I agree, with this album, he's really come back. When I heard he had released a song called "Rap God," I thought, wow, he has balls of steel to call himself that. But the song is amazing. Most rappers who get as fast as he does revert to monosyllabic rhymes, but he stays complex.

I can't believe he's in his forties now. I'm a long time fan, and I can't wait for him to tour in the US.

Chris1981

Just Another Transman
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, now that's a cool video. I was never a huge fan of that song, so I'd never checked this out before.