Self-pub distributors for Erotica?

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
With Amazon's latest purging of taboo (and not so taboo) Erotica titles, I was wondering what other websites/distributors allow Erotica self-publishers to sell their books.

I currently use Allromance Ebooks, and Smashwords for distribution to itunes, Kobo, B&N, etc.

I know a few sites have closed recently, but are there any others?

And what about selling books from your own (author) website?

Last edited:

AmandaYoung

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amandayoung.org
I'm using the same sites. However, I did hear Selena Kitt is in the process of starting a distributor site for erotica. I've been meaning to look into it, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Zoe X. Rider

Registered
Reaction score
Website
zoexrider.tumblr.com
Selena Kitt's new site, excita.com, has been down more than up since it opened earlier this month. It's been on maintenance mode for nearly a week now (though I just did a refresh, and now I get a database error, so maybe they're working on getting it up again. It's a nice-looking clean site (when it's up), and I hope they can iron out all these bugs and get it running reliably.

In addition to the regulars (Amazon, AllRomance, Kobo, B&N, Apple, Smashwords), I also use Google Play, Lulu, XinXii, and A1AdultEbooks. I've gotten zero sales so far from those four.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I have yet to put up anything other than a freebie on Google Play, but I plan to experiment more with it.

Thanks for suggestions. Never heard of XinXii and I've never registered for A1AdultEbooks.

Zoe X. Rider

Registered
Reaction score
Website
zoexrider.tumblr.com
A1AdultEbooks is like going back in time to 1997.

I use XinXii because it distributes my books to a few international places I can't get through Smashwords. I'm hoping someday it pays off.

V.W.Singer

Purveyor of naughtiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vwsinger.com
I get a modest but fairly regular income stream from my books on A1AdultEbooks.

Zoe X. Rider

Registered
Reaction score
Website
zoexrider.tumblr.com
You might find Selena Kitt's recent post helpful: http://selenakitt.com/blog/index.ph...ing-your-erotic-books-off-retailer-hit-lists/

Dubcon, and even moreso noncon, may get your story blocked or filtered. (However, you should be able to use those words in the Keywords section when you're setting up your title. Keywords don't show up on the book page, but they're used when people run searches. From what I hear, the only thing they'll slap you on the knuckles for when it comes to keywords is using someone else's book or another author as a keyword, like "Fifty Shades of Grade.")