2014 Submission Calls

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
When you hear of a call for erotica manuscripts of any kind, this is the thread to list them. Please include a link to the call and excerpts of its relevant points, including a submit-by date if there is one, but don't copy it in its entirety.

It helps your fellow writers scan quickly if you bold the publication's name and the type of work, but if you don't, we're still grateful for the heads-up.

May we all have at least one paid publication this year, eh?

Maryn, fingers crossed

Edited to add: It is strongly recommended that you check out each potential publisher yourself at AW's Bewares and Background Checks forum as well as at Preditors and Editors. The fact that a call for manuscripts is here is not an endorsement of any publisher.

Last edited:

Oldbrasscat

Making stuff up...or maybe sleeping
Registered
Reaction score
In a bunker, lobbing grenades at the plot bunnies.
Loose Id Special Calls

Homecomings

Who doesn't love a tough and tender reunion story? Homecomings is a themed, open-call collection centered around meaningful reunion/return events. Whether it's the first female soldier in her family returning from Iraq to be reunited with the boy she married before she left, a comatose John Doe waking up, remembering his life and finding his way home, a wrongfully imprisoned man acquitted and finding love in his hometown or waiting for the love he left in prison, a college football homecoming game that's especially meaningful for a player who is finally healthy enough to play...the details are yours to create, the characters from any walk of life, the genre any one you like -- as long as there's a sexy romance hook and the one coming home gets his/her/their sexy ever after.

Specifics: stories should be at least 30K and preferably not longer than 80K; all genres will be considered. The collection will be published starting in October, so stories must be submitted no later than 5/31, and sooner is always better. Follow the guidelines below for submitting a proposal and including "Homecomings" in your email subject line.
~*~

Resolutions

Every year, millions of people make resolutions for the new year. Most of them fall by the wayside within a few weeks, but what about the ones that don't? Resolutions is an open collection focusing on what happens in the wake of someone's New Year's resolution.
Did they resolve to be more adventurous and meet the hunk of their dreams finally going on that skydiving trip they promised themselves? Did they resolve to compliment at least one stranger a day, and pick the just right day to compliment a down-in-the-dumps billionaire? Did they resolve to buy at least one dress that isn't black, or a pair of pants that isn't leather? To try out for The Voice, or the local production of Grease? Did they take their artwork into a gallery? Put their profile on a dating site?

Resolutions features the commitment and the sexily ever after that somehow grows out of it. Anywhere and any way that the tradition of making resolutions exists, even if it's a place that only exists in your imagination, a Resolutions story could take place. A Resolutions protagonist can be anyone. The sky's the limit.

Specifics: stories must be at least 30K and preferably not longer than 80K; all genres you can work a New Year's resolution into will be considered. To be considered for publication as a Resolutions title by the end of 2014, we must have your submission by no later than August 15th, but they can be submitted at any time before that for earlier publication dates. Follow the guidelines for submitting a proposal, and include "Resolutions" in your email's subject line.

Link to submissions page

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
New here? Awesome. Please have a peek at the Reminders post for more!

(Please note: the next few posts are cut/pasted from the 2013 submission calls thread. Thank you to the original posters for these.)

Muse It Hot Publishing

Wild Darkness Calls – Theme for Short Stories – Call for Submission (Open to all erotic romance authors)

Due March 1, 2014
Est. Release of first story - Oct. 2014 through Muse It Hot Publishing
6,000 – 10,000 word count
Must have some form of the word Dark in the story title.
Topics to weave-in, however it works for your story – Dark and stormy, One of the four seasons, Rustic Setting
Story contains one or more of the following: hiding or searching, may be captured, lost, or does the capturing
Lust and love must play a part, ends with Happy Ever After OR Happy for Now.
Must be erotic romance (F/M, M/M, F/F, M/F/M, or any combo) of any sub-genre (contemporary, paranormal, thriller, horror, sci-fi, mystery, historical, etc.) with a love relationship.
To check our site: http://museithotpublishing.com/index...bmission-calls
THINGS WE WILL NOT ACCEPT:
Any work depicting forced rape (depends on several factors...email for more details)
Abuse of children or any sexual tone with minors under the age of eighteen
Bestiality
Necrophilia
Incest
Fanfiction
Anything that includes bodily fluid (solids included)

FORMATTING:
Your full manuscript in RTF or DOC (not docx),
Name the file: TITLE_YourName - ex. SHIMMERING_JaneSmith
Please use Times New Roman regular, font 12 pt
No page numbers
No headers or footers
Do not underline but use italics for inner thoughts - ABSOLUTELY NO UNDERSCORES!
All telepathic communication must contain quotation marks and italicized (quotation marks italicized too)
Royalty and Contracts
Our books are published in digital format, and we pay a royalty of 50% of the download price from our bookstore, and 40% from third party vendors. Our contract is for three years.
Word Count & Pricing
6,000 - 10,000 = $2.50
E-mail to: musesubs AT gmail DOT com
Subject line: Attn: Susan Davis – Wild Darkness Calls
Within the body of your email include the following:
Your real name
Your pseudonym, if any
Email address along with your website link if any
Title and short tagline (one or two line elevator pitch to hook reader)
Genre
Word count
Brief synopsis in RTF or DOC (chapter by chapter is not necessary)
Brief author bio - paragraph introducing yourself and your work
Please attach the following with your email introduction, making sure your manuscript includes your name, pseudonym, title, snail mail address word count, genre, and email address on the left hand side of the opening page.
All our submissions are electronically based. We do not accept snail mail submissions. We will confirm receipt of manuscript as soon as we can.

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
House of Erotica

Title: Valves & Vixens - Erotic Steampunk
Editor
: Nicole Gestalt
Publisher:
House of Erotica
Deadline: February 28
th 2014 (Early Submissions are preferred.)

Word Count: 5k - 15k
Theme: Steampunk
Genre: Steampunk but any sub-genre is welcome be it Science Fiction, BDSM, Fantasy, historical, action, comedy, crime or any other!
Pairings: Any
Heat: Any level from romance to burning the pages of the book!
Payment: Royalties will be split 40% of the net profits with contributing authors, exact values will be given once we know how many stories will be in the final anthology.

Rights: Six Years - exclusive
Submission limit: Authors may submit up to two stories.

Editor/ Author Nicole Gestalt is looking for stories set in a might-have-been Victorian setting filled with clockwork machines and airships. Think Jules Verne or League of Extraordinary Gentleman, think Sherlock Holmes with clockwork machines and the film Wild, Wild West.

The stories do not have to be focused in the Victorian era they could be modern day stories but still with the Victorian clockwork style. They could even be off world – think spaceships powered by nothing but steam, or mighty metal boats propelled by sails powered by the rays of the sun. Be as inventive as you can but please don't forget the story line and the relationships! Since this is an erotic anthology there should be on the page sex scenes however don't forget the interaction between the characters and the relationship they have. The stories should either end with a Happy-For-Now or a Happy-Ever-After it would have to be a amazingly good story for me to select it if it didn't (but I am well prepared to have my opinion changed on that).

Nicole will be looking for stories that stand out so please don't just set your stories in London, they can be set anywhere in the world – or even off world. Don't be afraid to experiment

The No-No's: No scat, bestiality, under age sex, golden showers, rape or forced sex or incest of any kind and necrophilia (that does not include intelligent undead such as Vampires). If in doubt please ask

Format of submission: Please send the submissions double spaced in Times New Roman, 12 point black font. Indent the first line of each paragraph half an inch and double space (using normal double spacing please do not add an extra line between the paragraphs). Double quotation marks! Please submit your final, complete and totally edited version of the story. File format: .doc or .rtf. Since this is a British publisher UK spelling and grammar is greatly preferred

In your document at the top left of the page please include you legal name, mailing address and a fifty words or less author bio written in the third person. If you are using a pen-name please provide both and make it clear which one you wish to use.

Please email your submissions to: gestaltanthologies @ gmail.com

Authors must own their rights to the stories and not have had them published anywhere else. Please note the publisher has final approval over the stories included in the manuscript.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Cleis Press

3 erotica calls for submissions: sex toys, female fantasies and bondage

You heard it here first! This female fantasy erotica anthology is a separate one from my previous call, though the wording is the same; please do not submit the same story you sent previously, unless I've requested you do so. Last time I got a huge abundance of lesbian fantasies; feel free to send those, but if you do, give it a very good twist. Though it has the latest deadline (April 1), the sex toy anthology I expect to fill up fast and I would encourage you to get your stories in as early as possible. I especially encourage those who've taken my erotic writing workshops to submit to any or all of these anthologies and each of my anthologies will publish work by writers I've never published before. The most important thing you can do in submitting work to me is follow the guidelines, and write an insanely hot story. I'm also reposting the Best Bondage Erotica 2015 call, which has a March 1 deadline. If you're waiting to hear back about my previous calls, I will reply to you by the second week of January - my apologies for the delay.

Call for Submissions: Sex Toy Erotica anthology, April 1 deadline
To be published by Cleis Press

Erotica editor Rachel Kramer Bussel is looking for your hottest sex toy erotica stories. Sex toys can include items such as vibrators, dildos, butt plugs, as well as items like handcuffs and other restraints, nipple clamps, paddles, cock rings, whips and canes, sex furniture, etc., but feel free to get as creative as you can with the definition of “sex toy” and its use in your stories. The story can focus on the sex toy or simply incorporate the use of a sex toy into the narrative. Sex toys should be given context and description, but shouldn’t read like catalog copy. Let the story you’re telling drive the detail used to convey exactly what the sex toy/s is/are and their purpose within the story.

The final book will contain a wide range of characters, scenarios, sexualities, locations, motivations and toys, from the types listed above that you’d find at a sex toy retailer, to everyday household objects, to fictional sex toys. The sky’s the limit! All characters should be over 18. No nonconsensual scenes. No bestiality, scat or incest. No poetry. Please see my anthologies Orgasmic, Women in Lust, and Fast Girls for examples of the kinds of stories I'm looking for. Unpublished stories only (this includes blogs and websites).

How to submit: Send double spaced Times or Times New Roman 12 point black font Word document with pages numbered (.doc, not .docx) OR RTF of 1,500-4,000 word story. Indent the first line of each paragraph half an inch and double space (regular double spacing, do not add extra lines between paragraphs or do any other irregular spacing). US grammar (double quotation marks around dialogue, etc.) required. Only submit your final, best version of the story you are submitting. Do not send multiple versions of the same story. Include your legal name (and pseudonym if applicable), mailing address, and 50 word or less bio in the third person to [email protected]. If you are using a pseudonym, please provide your real name as well as your pseudonym and make it clear which one you’d like to be credited as. For the smoothest editorial process, please double check that the byline you are using with your submission is the byline you'd want published. You will receive a confirmation within 72 hours. I will get back to you by September 2014. I cannot give any feedback on rejected submissions.

Payment: $50 and 2 copies of the book on publication

Deadline: April 1, 2014 (earlier submissions strongly encouraged)

NOTE: I’ve been seeing numerous recent submissions that do not conform to my guidelines. They are there for a reason. Please read and follow them. If you have any questions, please contact me at [email protected]

Call for Submissions: Female Fantasy Erotica, March 1 deadline

This collection of erotica will feature female protagonists living out their hottest fantasies. From vanilla kinky, single to partnered, from 18 to elderly, I'm looking for stories of all sorts of women (transgender characters are also welcome) exploring new aspects of their sexuality. For inspiration, feel free to check out a list by Violet Blue of common sexual fantasies, but stories must capture what about that particular fantasy for that particular character is so compelling and make it red-hot to work for this book, and authors are encouraged to be creative, daring and provocative with exploring the definition of fantasy and how it plays out for your character. All characters should be over 18. No nonconsensual scenes. No bestiality, scat or incest. No poetry. Please see my anthologies Orgasmic, Women in Lust, and Fast Girls for examples of the kinds of stories I'm looking for. Unpublished stories only (this includes blogs and websites).

How to submit: Send double spaced Times or Times New Roman 12 point black font Word document with pages numbered (.doc, not .docx) OR RTF of 1,500-4,000 word story. Indent the first line of each paragraph half an inch and double space (regular double spacing, do not add extra lines between paragraphs or do any other irregular spacing). US grammar (double quotation marks around dialogue, etc.) required. Only submit your final, best version of the story you are submitting. Do not send multiple versions of the same story. Include your legal name (and pseudonym if applicable), mailing address, and 50 word or less bio in the third person to [email protected]. If you are using a pseudonym, please provide your real name as well as your pseudonym and make it clear which one you’d like to be credited as. For the smoothest editorial process, please double check that the byline you are using with your submission is the byline you'd want published. You will receive a confirmation within 72 hours. I will get back to you by September 2014. I cannot give any feedback on rejected submissions.

Deadline: March 1, 2014 (earlier submissions strongly encouraged)

Call for Submissions: Best Bondage Erotica 2015, March 1 deadline

Best Bondage Erotica 2015 will collect the best bondage erotica stories around, focusing on a range of techniques, implements, characters and scenarios, from newbies to seasoned bondage players and everything in between. Bondage should be a central focus of the erotic element of the story but the plot does not have to hinge on bondage. The final book will include stories focused on both the physical and mental aspects of bondage, from varying points of view. Bondage plus other sexual activity is welcome (spanking, tickling, exhibitionism, voyeurism, intercourse, oral sex, teasing, etc.). Original, unique, creative characters, settings, scenarios and forms of bondage are encouraged. As befitting the title, I’m looking for the best, hottest, most creative bondage erotica for this collection. All genders/sexual orientations welcome. No poetry.

Original stories strongly preferred, but reprints of work published (or slated to be published) between September 2013 and November 2014 will be considered but will be given lower priority than original work and author MUST include original publication information and retain reprint rights. All characters must be over 18; no incest or bestiality. Please see Best Bondage Erotica 2011, 2012, 2013 or 2014 or my other kinky Cleis Press anthologies (Serving Him, Anything for You, Cheeky Spanking Stories, Bottoms Up, Spanked, Yes, Sir, Yes, Ma’am, He’s on Top, She’s on Top) for an idea of the kinds of stories I prefer. I will consider up to two stories per author.

How to submit: Send double spaced Times or Times New Roman 12 point black font Word document with pages numbered (.doc, not .docx) OR RTF of 1,500-4,000 word story. Indent the first line of each paragraph half an inch and double space (regular double spacing, do not add extra lines between paragraphs or do any other irregular spacing). US grammar (double quotation marks around dialogue, etc.) required. DO NOT submit multiple versions of your story; submit ONLY your final, complete, edited version of the story. Include your legal name (and pseudonym if applicable), mailing address, and 50 word or less bio in the third person to [email protected]. If you are using a pseudonym, please provide your real name as well as your pseudonym and make it clear which one you’d like to be credited as. You will receive a confirmation within 72 hours. I will get back to you by September 2014. I cannot give any feedback on rejected submissions.

Deadline: March 1, 2014 (earlier submissions strongly encouraged)
I’ve been seeing numerous recent submissions that do not conform to my guidelines. They are there for a reason. Please read and follow them. If you have any questions, please contact me at bestbondage2015 at gmail.com​

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Secret Cravings

New line of romance ~ Special Love

This new line of romance will feature the hero or heroine with a disability. They can be military hurt in combat and now need a wheelchair, someone with a spinal cord injury, someone with hearing loss, blind, etc.

Length - At least 5k

Heat rating - open

Genres - open

Send your submission to [email protected]

Weekend Getaways

Secret Cravings Publishing is taking submissions of short stories of up to 5k - 10k words for a onetime payment of $50-$100 depending on the length of the manuscript.

Any genre

Steamy to Burn the page erotic stories wanted.

These stories will be released individually with their own cover. One each Saturday of the month.

Submissions will be ongoing—no deadline.

Normal no-no's apply including: rape, scat, golden showers, etc. Check our general submission guidelines for things we do not take.

Send submissions to [email protected]

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Ellora's Cave

MERRY MENAGE

Christmas crushes, Hanukkah hotties, Kwanzaa kinksters and New
Year's naughtiness — all winter holidays are welcome in this
series that's an homage to ménage. Threesomes, foursomes and
moresomes abound, in any gender combination that makes the season sexy!

~ Length: 20K – 45K words

~ Deadline for both internal/external submissions: 4/15/14 (earlier is
preferred)

~ External submissions should be sent to submissions @ ellorascave . com (minus
spaces; include Merry Menage in the subject line)

~ All time periods, Lines and sub-genres accepted

~ All stories must have a ménage as an integral part of the story

~ Stories must be set during a year-end holiday, and include elements
reflecting it

~ Stories release in December 2014

-------------------------------------------------

VaVa Boomers

Sexy seniors. Mature heroines and heroes have the benefit of experience and well-developed skills! These over-fifty heroines show that love and lust last a lifetime.

• Length: 10K – 70K words
  • Deadline for both internal/external submissions: 2/1/14 (earlier is preferred)
  • Heroines must be 50+ as “real” age—no immortal vampires, hundred-year-old shapeshifters, or twenty-somethings who’ve been in an enchanted sleep for fifty years, please! No older woman/younger man stories—heroes could be a few years younger to many years older than heroine, but the story is not about their age difference. (Could also be two heroines or two heroes. J )
  • Most EC Lines and subgenres welcome.
  • Stories release in September 2014.

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Dreamspinner Press
M/M Erotic Romance
(FYI: There are also some Young Adult calls available, too.)

Not Quite Shakespeare

Edited by Sue Brown and Anne Regan

Dreamspinner Press and UK Gay Romance are looking for romantic stories set in contemporary Britain. Let your imagination run riot through the British countryside, from the bleak beauty of the Scottish mountains to the rolling hills of the South Downs. Don’t just think of London but let your men find romance in the strangest of places. This anthology is to celebrate life in the UK, both the quirky and the mundane.

Examples:
• Two men on opposite teams playing football (soccer) on a Sunday morning in the pouring rain.
• The trains are delayed – again – but for two men it’s a chance encounter on the station concourse.
• Lost in the middle of the countryside, when a grumpy but gorgeous stranger appears to help.
• Being stuck on the motorway is not so bad with the hot man in the next car to look at.
• Buying ice cream day after day just so you can ogle the man behind the counter.

Editor’s Note: Because of the packaged nature of the anthology, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please. Dreamspinner’s American English spelling editorial policy will be waived for this publication.

Anthology is open to authors of all nationalities and locations – the only requirement is that the story is set in the UK.

Submission Deadline: January 25, 2014

Publication Date: June 2014

Single-book anthology story length: 3,500 – 12,000 words
Manuscripts shorter or longer will be considered but will have to be extraordinary.
Follow general Submission Guidelines for instructions and formatting.

Send all submissions to ukgayromance @ gmail.com. Please list the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail: Not Quite Shakespeare anthology submission.

Mended

2014 Daily Dose - A Story a Day in the Month of June

Edited by Tricia Kristufek and Shannon Shell

Dreamspinner Press is seeking romantic short stories featuring physical and/or emotional hurt/comfort themes with happy or promising endings.

Examples:
• Jerry breaks his leg, and his coworker Fred moves into his apartment to help.
• Sam finds out he has leukemia, and he’s surprised when Jim becomes his source of morale.
• Lee is the victim of a hate crime, and though he just wants to hide, Kenneth convinces him to see a doctor.
• Tyler’s family doesn’t take his coming out well; Peter takes him home for the holidays.
• Stunned by Hurricane Bailey, Charles is ready to pack up and leave when his neighbor Jung knocks on his door to check on him.
• Despite suspicions that Yasser might be an enemy—especially given the nature of the man’s injuries—Jyulz agrees to take him in.
• Alfred has always been the shoulder-to-cry-on for two of his friends, but not for both at once.

Editor’s Note: Bittersweet Dreams will not be accepted for this anthology. Because of the packaged nature of the set, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please.

Submission Deadline: Feb. 1, 2014

Please note early deadline. Contract offers will be made by Feb. 20.

Publication Date: June 2014

Daily Dose story length: 5,000 – 18,000 words
Manuscripts shorter or longer will be considered but will have to be extraordinary.

Send all submissions to shannon @ dreamspinnerpress.com. List the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail. Ex: MENDED anthology submission

A Taste of Honey

Edited by Anne Regan and B.G. Thomas

Dreamspinner Press is seeking romantic short stories featuring at least one lead character who is identified as a Bear in gay subculture. Stories should feature happy or promising endings.

Bears need love too! Men don’t have to be twenty-one with abs of steel and marble-smooth torsos to be beautiful. Bears are men who don’t quite “fit” into be box—real men with real bodies—and a lot of the time that doesn’t mean gym-god physiques. There are all kinds of bears: grizzly bears (shaggy), polar bears (older), cubs (younger), muscle bears (muscles with padding), and pandas (Asian).

Examples:
• Big, gruff Joe secretly crushes on sleek, sophisticated Gregory, owner of a popular gay bar. Unbeknownst to Joe, Gregory crushes right back. But stereotypes and insecurities stand in their way. What will it take to get them to open up to each other?
• Tony looks in the mirror and all he sees is fat—he hates his body. Then he meets Chris, who loves him just the way he is, but Tony must learn to love himself before he can love someone else.
• Snotty little twink David thinks real men shave their chests, work out in the gym five days a week, and wear enough cologne to knock people out from twenty paces. Then big bear Conner helps him out of a desperate situation, and to David’s surprise, there’s a connection deep down under their different body types.
• Travis isn’t a fan of the club scene, but he likes hugs, so when he sees an event at the local gay club for the “Hug a Bear” charity, he decides to give it a shot.
• Adam was in charge of getting the details so his Biker Bears chapter could attend the summer “Bears and Cubs” picnic, but spotty Internet service forced him to make a quick pick—and they turn up at the Teddy Bears’ Picnic for local kids.
• Library patrons are often intimidated by Eugene’s burly physique, but when Abdul checks him out, Eugene realizes he’s been guilty of judging a book by the cover too.

Editor’s Note: Because of the packaged nature of the anthology, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please.

Submission Deadline: April 14, 2014

Publication Date: August 2014

Send all submissions to anneregan @ dreamspinnerpress.com. List the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail. Ex: BEAR anthology submission

Hot Off the Press

Edited by Anne Regan

Dreamspinner Press is seeking romantic short stories with writing/publishing themes. Stories should feature happy or promising endings.

Examples:
• Simon and Tim stand in line all night for the release of their favorite author’s new book, getting all hot and bothered.
• Miguel is tasked with taking pictures for the cover of a fashion magazine and falls for his model.
• Joe takes his screenplay door to door in Hollywood until he meets just the right director.
• Ritchie the reporter has a crush on the sheriff he interviews three times a week.
• Anthony loves collecting old printing blocks, but he never expected his little hobby to bring a stranger who is more intriguing than his blocks to his doorstep.
• Jose’s e-zine has been monopolizing all his attention for too long: how does Marcus remain supportive but get across that their relationship is heading for a dot-com type collapse?

Editor’s Note: Because of the packaged nature of the anthology, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please.

Submission Deadline: July 1, 2014

Publication Date: October 2014

Send all submissions to anneregan @ dreamspinnerpress.com. List the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail. Ex: PRESS anthology submission

Celebrate

2014 Advent Calendar – End-of-the-Year Holidays Around the World

Edited by Tricia Kristufek and Shannon Shell

Dreamspinner Press is seeking romantic short stories set in and involving end-of-the-year holidays: Advent, Boxing Day, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Year’s, Saint Nicholas’s Day, Solstice, Yule, and events of other cultures and nationalities. Romantic themes could include first dates, new love, reunions, and established relationships and will focus on situations/plots with happy endings.

Requirement: Stories must take place outside of the United States.

Editor’s Note: Bittersweet Dreams will not be accepted for this anthology. Because of the packaged nature of the set, all stories need to stand alone. No sequels to or spin-offs of previously published works, please.

Submission Deadline: Aug. 1, 2014

Please note early deadline. Contract offers will be made by Aug. 20.

Publication Date: December 2014

Advent Calendar story length: 5,000 – 18,000 words

Send all submissions to shannon @ dreamspinnerpress.com. List the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail. Ex: ADVENT anthology submission

Random Acts of Kindness

Edited by Anne Regan

Dreamspinner Press is seeking romantic short stories featuring random acts of kindness. Stories should feature happy or promising endings.

Examples:
• Tim was having a bad day until the guy in front of him in line at Starbucks secretly paid for his coffee. But then he left before Tim could say thank you. Now Tim’s determined to find him.
• Jeff’s grocery bag broke at the bottom of the stairs up to his third-floor walkup. There’s coffee, yogurt, apples, and, uh, personal items, all over the floor. He’s doing his best to pick up the mess when David, his new neighbor, offers a hand.
• Satoshi sees a tourist drop his pen, so he picks it up and tracks down the man to return it, only to find himself pulled into playing guide for him, a new English teacher.
• Bitter about the loss of his apprenticeship and bullied by the troll who stole it, Terence finds himself charmed by the shadow demon who helps him pick up his books and get back on his feet.
• Clarence loved his car, but he really hated its tendency to die in the middle of nowhere, at least until the hot guy in the pickup showed up and fixed his engine while also sharing his number and more.

Submission Deadline: October 1, 2014

Publication Date: February 2015

Send all submissions to anneregan @ dreamspinnerpress.com. List the anthology title in the subject line of your e-mail. Ex: KINDNESS anthology submission

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Torquere Press

Our anthology calls are a great place to get your feet wet with a short story, or to explore a theme without committing to a full novella or novel. For all anthology calls, we’re looking for fully realized, romantic LGBT stories about the chosen monthly theme. Make us laugh, make us cry, or surprise us and make us glow with happy endings!
Please send your 3000 -10,000 word submissions to submissions @ torquerepress.com with the title of the theme (ie: Torqued Tales) and your story title in the subject field. Please see our general submissions guidelines for formatting etc. Each theme has a title and due date listed on the individual call.

April 2014 -- Torqued Tales 2014 -- deadline January 15

There's something about a fairy tale that captures everyone's imaginations, so snuggle up by the fire and tell us a Once Upon a Time-- with a Torquere twist! For our Torqued Tales 2014 anthology, we're looking for stories with traditional fairy tale or fable themes with a fresh twist. How about a steampunk Cinderfella? Or a Rapunzel whose princess arrives to save her?

May 2014 -- Men in Uniform 2014 -- deadline Feb. 15

There's something about a uniform that makes our hearts pump faster and our knees go wobbly. For our Men in Uniform 2014 anthology, we're looking for fully realized, romantic ((( m/m ))) stories about uniformed men. Cops, firemen, military personal, the UPS guy. We’re willing to entertain them all as long their uniform gets someone revved up!

June 2014 -- They Do -- wedding stories -- deadline Mar 15

Every fairy-tale romance ends with a wedding -- but not every wedding is a fairy tale! Our They Do anthology will feature LGBTQ wedding stories ranging from groomzillas to rainy day disasters, from sweet I Dos to hot and steamy wedding nights! Remake the gay wedding in your image!

July 2014 -- Rode Hard -- cowboy stories -- deadline Apr 15

Cowboys, y'all! From the Wild West to the modern era and any time (or place) in between, our Rode Hard anthology will feature fully realized, romantic LGBT stories about cowboys and cowgirls. Whether they make their home on the range or in a neon-filled dancehall, give us real cowboys with real problems. And really steamy love lives!

August 2014 -- Dawg Days -- wolf/dog shifters -- deadline May 15

It's the way you growl, or maybe it's the way you use your teeth, or the way the moonlight shines on your fur... Wait, what? We want your best canine/lupine shifter stories for the Dawg Days of summer. Keep us on our toes with wolves, coyotes, dingoes or even a pit bull shifter or two. The more biting the better!

Of course they have year round special calls

• Tales of Leather
  • Birthstones
  • Spice It Up
  • Color Box

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Less Than Three Press
(GLBT romance and erotic romance)

GEEK OUT – COLLECTION CALL

Geek Out — A Trans* and Genderqueer Collection Gamers. Computer nerds. Baking enthusiasts. Fanfic writers. History buffs. Cosplayers. Music, TV, painting, cars, make-up—we all geek about something, and nothing quite rivals the passion displayed by geeks for what they love. There’s no limit to what can be geeked over, and no rules about who is allowed to geek about what—and the harder someone tries to put such rules in place, the harder they get knocked down. In the spirit of true geekery, and the limitless possibilities of it, Less Than Three Press invites you to submit your stories of trans* and genderqueer geeks doing what they love best.

THE DETAILS:

• Deadline is MARCH 31, 2014 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
  • Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length.
  • Stories must feature at least one trans* or genderqueer character (any romantic pairing is acceptable (M/F, M/M, F/F, or poly of any mix).
  • Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
  • Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
  • All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
GEEK OUT is a COLLECTION, meaning stories will be sold individually and authors paid royalties.

Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and 2 print volumes (stories 40k and over will be their own books, shorter stories will be compiled into anthologies).
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc).

Any questions should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, at derrs @ lessthanthreepress.com (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine).

DAMSELS IN DISTRESS – COLLECTION CALL

Damsels in Distress — An F/F Collection — How does a damsel handle a dangerous situation? That depends on the damsel. Some use swords. Others words. Some will fight their way, and others seduce. Some stand their ground and others judge it more prudent to run. The one thing they don’t do is sit around and wait for someone else to solve their problems and claim them as a prize.
Less Than Three Press invites you to submit stories of women who can find their own way out of trouble.

THE DETAILS:

• Deadline is MAY 31, 2014 (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
  • Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length.
  • Stories must be F/F (cis or trans* acceptable).
  • Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
Damsels in Distress is a collection, meaning stories will be sold individually and authors paid royalties.

Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and 2 print volumes (stories 40k and over will be their own books, shorter stories will be compiled into anthologies).
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc).

Any questions should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, at derrs @ lessthanthreepress.com (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine).

MISSED CONNECTIONS – ANTHOLOGY COLLECTION

Missed Connections. A fleeting glance across a crowded space. Trains passing by in the night. Second chances that weren’t supposed to happen. Old friends reunited. Sometimes rediscovering a person and having new feelings can be just as intense as an initial spark. Whatever the reason for not seeing them is gone, and these men and women are ready to make up for any time missed.
LT3 is seeking stories about capturing a moment that was thought to be lost, about reaching out and grabbing hold before they’re gone forever, and always, always, about finding their happy ending.

THE DETAILS:

• Deadline is FEBRUARY 28, 2014 11:59 EST (GMT -5) (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
  • Stories should be at least 10,000 words and should not exceed approx 25,000 words in length.
  • Stories must be LGBTQ.
Missed Connections is a general release anthology, meaning stories will be sold as a compiled ebook in the LT3 book market.
Payment will be $200 on acceptance of the story. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.

IMPORTANT! This anthology is being coordinated and edited by one of LT3′s senior editors, Tan-ni Fan. To submit, please send your manuscript to tannifanpw @ gmail.com. Include the following in your email:

• Put SUBMISSIONS in the subject line! Emails without this subject line run the risk of not being seen or read, so please, do not forget this!
  • Your real name, pen name (if you use one), and preferred email address.
  • The approximate total length of the completed story.
  • A brief summary of the story, not to exceed approximately 200 words in length.
  • Attach the complete manuscript in .doc, .docx, or .odt format.
Any questions/concerns should be directed to the Editor, Tan-ni Fan at tannifanpw @ gmail.com (or you can ping her on twitter @penguin_watson).

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Storm Moon Press
(GLBT erotica and erotic romance)

Bygone Beasts
Genres: Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Urban Fantasy
Theme: General
Pairings: Gay
Submission Deadline: March 30, 2014
Required Word Count: 10,000 - 20,000
HEA or HFN Ending Required? Yes

The shifter genre meets fantasy! Everyone knows about werewolves. Werepanthers, werelions, and other common beasts have also made a place for themselves in literature. But what about dragons, unicorns, selkies, kitsune, and other mythical creatures?
Shapeshifting is actually a common theme in folklore, but not all creatures have made the jump to modern fiction. Now's your chance to help them find their place once more.
Magical enchantments, curses, or creatures that are born that way; there's more than one way to be a shapeshifter. Some transformations are voluntary and some are not. How much, if at all, is the mind changed by the change in form?
Show us your best sexy stories of beasts from bygone times! Stories should be between 10,000 and 20,000 words. High fantasy is certainly the most likely genre for stories of this sort, but urban fantasy or science-fiction would also be welcome!

Gunslingers
Genres: Historical
Pairings: Lesbian
Submission Deadline: March 30, 2014
Required Word Count: 8,000 - 12,000

Annie Oakley, Belle Starr, Calamity Jane—the old west might not have as many women who stand out in its history as men, but there are certainly characters to remember. What does it take for a woman to survive in what is truly a man's world? What kind of skills does it take to stay safe and make a name for yourself? And after a hard day in the dust and sun, who are you going to come home to?
We're looking for tales of lesbians in the old west. Give us a rich, believable world. Make us crave a rot-gut whiskey while we're reading.

Person Meets Person
Genres: Contemporary
Pairings: Trans*
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2014

Don't judge a book by its cover, or a person by their gender. There's often more to someone than meets the eye. What happens when first impressions are proven wrong or assumptions turn out to be false? What's it like for a character who comes with fine print? Some people just don't fit the expected mold, and some of those people do something about it, showing the world who they really are inside.
Do your characters reinterpret what it means to be masculine or feminine? Do they transition from one gender to another? Do they decide to abandon the gender binary all together and blaze their own trail? Show us how your characters find love, romance, and hot sex while navigating the sometimes-tricky waters of love and gender identity.

Surfing the Aether
Genres: Sci-Fi
Pairings: Bisexual
Submission Deadline: June 30, 2014

Advanced technology is essential in good cyberpunk, but what really sets it apart is the way it showcases that technological achievement while also exposing the seedy underbelly of society. Has technology polarized society, created an underground counter-culture? There is infinite potential for adventure, especially when you have a bisexual hero/heroine in the cyberpunk setting. Are they jacked into virtual reality to express themselves, or do they have some other way of blazing a trail through high society or the downtrodden?
For our Surfing the Aether anthology, we want to see what makes your bisexual characters stand out from the world they inhabit. Cyberpunk protagonists are often misfits and anti-heroes, so we'd love to see where your characters fit in the hierarchy. How do they use the technology at their fingertips rather than letting the technology use them? Have the advanced tools changed the sexual climate, and if so, how does it impact your hero/heroine's identity and expression as a bisexual? We want to discover the darker consequences of the time's industrial successes through your characters' eyes.
Show us your best, most interesting, hottest bisexual main characters and how they navigate not only the complex world around them but their relationships as well. Just be sure to emphasize the dark, urbanized, film noir aspects that make this sub-genre truly shine.

Rising from the Ashes
Genres: Paranormal, Sci-Fi, Urban Fantasy
Pairings: Gay
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2014
HEA or HFN Ending Required? No

The world—at least as we've known it—has ended. Now it's time to pick up the pieces and see what's left, what kind of future can be built. Who are the people left standing? Are they the strongest, the smartest, or simply the luckiest? Did a group of people survive together or do they find each other along the way?
What conflicts will arise when you have little control over who you're thrown together with and resources are scarce? Is there time for love and romance in this environment or is desperate passion all that's left?
We want you to weave tales of a post-apocalyptic world that feel gritty and real. Show us what's really at stake for your characters and what motivates them to keep moving forward. Who is important in their lives and what are they fighting for? What would a happy ending look like in a world that's unrecognizable? For Rising from the Ashes, we're seeking gay stories in a post-apocalyptic setting, so please be sure to represent both those requirements in the submissions.

Butch
Genres: Any
Submission Deadline: September 30, 2014
Required Word Count: 8,000 - 12,000

Not every girl wants to wear heels, dresses, and lipstick. Some women are much more comfortable wearing the pants in the relationship—and if they go with a pair of stomp worthy boots, all the better. Beyond appearances, some women also exude a rugged masculinity that makes them all the more appealing. They don't need to be feminine to be sexy.
There are as many ways to represent female sexuality as there are women in the world, and those that bring out the masculine side of women are those we want to celebrate in our Butch anthology. From the more gentle androgyny of the soft butch to the more emphatic masculinity of the stone butch, we want to see the spectrum of women who love other women.
Does your butch like to take charge with a femme on her arm, or does she prefer another butch woman? How does the world react to her, and how does that effect the way she lives? Does she have a job or a lifestyle that makes being herself easy, or is it a constant struggle?
Bring your characters to life and show us how these butch women live, play, and love.

Heart of a Father
Pairings: Gay, Bisexual
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2014

While plenty of attention always goes to the next hot, young stud out there, the gay and bisexual fathers of society are rarely given a second thought in romance fiction. In Heart of a Father, we're looking for stories surrounding the lives of gay and bisexual fathers as they struggle to balance romantic love and intimacy along with raising their children. We want to see the father's family life showcased, so while they may not be the perfect father, we want to see them doing their best.
The background is completely up to you, so you can have anything from a divorced man who has raised his child/children himself to a polyamorous man who adopted a child only to have his relationship fall through. All we ask is that the father be the focus and their relationship with their child/children be an integral part of the plot. We're especially looking for stories in which at least one of the children are still below the age of ten, but we're open to accepting stories with older kids as well.

Song of the Wilds
Submission Deadline: December 31, 2014

With so many creatures to explore, why stick with the well-trod examples? Show us shifters beyond wolves and panthers, beyond cats and dogs. Show us birds, horses, snakes, and impala—nature is almost limitless.
Do the shifters travel in clans or tribes or strike out on their own? Do they live more with the animals they resemble or work a 9-5 life like the rest of us? Are there other shifters in their world, and if so what are the power dynamics? Do they have to struggle against the more common forms of shifter, or do they live in harmony? Do they have a common enemy?
How are women treated? What of woman who love other women? Take the theme of shifters and write us something completely new—and make it hot and steamy while you're at it!
------------
How To Submit

Submissions must be sent electronically, through email. Please do not send hard copies of manuscripts to our place of business as we will not return them, nor will they be reviewed.
Submission Requirements:

• Please send submissions to submissions @ stormmoonpress.com (remove the spaces when surrounding the @ sign when emailing us).
  • Email subject should read: ANTHOLOGY TITLE: STORY TITLE - AUTHOR
  • Include a 300 word bio of the author as a cover page.
  • It is NOT necessary to include a synopsis with your submission.
  • The top left of the cover page should include the following: submission title, author's name, address, phone number, and e-mail.
  • Submissions must be sent as a RTF attachment, the file named ANTHOLOGY_TITLE_STORY_TITLE_AUTHORNAME
  • Double spaced, 12 point font, Times New Roman, 1" margins.
  • Do not indent your paragraphs.
  • Do insert a blank line between paragraphs and use ### or *** between scene breaks.

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Totally Bound
(Oops! Just noticed there's one for 2015 here. :D)

Crave — Vampires, Werewolves and Humans Anthology

Guidelines:

• 10-15k word count per short story
  • Do you know a character that has a thirst for more? We’re looking for a story overflowing with characters that have an unquenchable thirst for all that is forbidden. Insatiable needs and daring desires, these characters won’t stop until they get what they want.
  • Send us stories about two men and a woman who all have a craving (MFM)
  • Heat rating Burning/Melting (the hotter the better)
The submission deadlines is 1st October 2014 for release in April 2015.
Submit the full story plus synopsis.
When submitting, please enter “Crave Submission” in the email subject line.

Over the Knee — BDSM Spanking Anthology

Guidelines:

• 10-15k word count per story
  • Can you write a tantalising D/s story based around spanking and all the naughtiness that comes with it? We’re looking for a desirable Dom and a sated sub who have a yearning to explore this fantasy.
  • We’d like MF pairing, BDSM genre
  • Heat rating Burning/Melting (see our book info rating)
The submission deadlines is 1st March 2015 for release in September 2015.
Submit the full story plus synopsis.
When submitting, please enter “Over the Knee Submission” in the email subject line.

Go to http://www.totallyboundpublishing.com/?page_id=152 for their submission guidelines. Submissions are sent to submissions @ totallybound.com

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
ManLoveRomance (MLR) Press
(M/M erotic romance)

What's that exhibit?

There are so many different museums out there these days: art, science, history, play. What happens when the doors are closed? What goes on during a tour? Or how about a fundraiser? The guys working and visiting these halls of entertainment and education are often seen as "the geeks" or "the bookworms". What if they're not? Or what if that's what makes them special? Some ideas: A dad chaperoning a field trip and "trips" into one of the museum workers; an archaeologist helping set up a new ancient history exhibit; a curator of a small museum trying to run a fundraiser to keep his museum going; an art specialist uncovering a missing masterpiece. Submissions should: - Have at least one character that works at a museum and the museum should be an important setting of the story - Be a minimum of 10k, maximum of 40k - Any subgenre is welcome and all prohibitive guidelines are observed - Submissions should be sent to special_submissions @ mlrpress.com - Any questions can be sent to Kris Jacen at KrisJacen @ mlrpress.com - Deadline for submissions: April 20, 2014. Titles will release in the summer of 2014.

To Know You

Everyone has a mother, and we all have some form of relationship with the person given the title. What's the relationship between your main characters and their mothers? Is it easy, rocky, non-existent, or do they call someone not blood related mother? How do they handle the time of year when flowers and chocolates and jewelry explode from the shelves in a rivalry with Valentine's Day? We want stories that tear our hearts, that warm our souls, that have us scrambling for tissues. Send us your best stories that showcase the relationship between men and their mothers. Submissions should: - Have at least one main character's relationship with his "mother" - Be a minimum of 10k, maximum of 40k - Any subgenre is welcomeand all prohibitive guidelines are observed - Submissions should be sent to special_submissions @ mlrpress.com - Any questions can be sent to Kris Jacen at KrisJacen @ mlrpress.com Deadline for submissions: March 1, 2014 Â Titles will release in the May 2014

Someone to Savor

Older men need love too. It isn't always about the young lovers. Just because a man is over forty doesn't mean he's "lost it". Like fine wine, they should be savored. It could be and older/younger relationship or two older men finding love. First time relationships or guys who are finding love for a second time. Submissions should: * Have at least one character that is over the age of 40. * Be a minimum of 10k, maximum of 40k * Any subgenre is welcome and all prohibitive guidelines are observed * Stories due by June 15, 2014 to special_submissions @ mlrpress.com Titles will release in the Fall of 2014. * Questions should be sent to Kris Jacen at KrisJacen @ mlrpress.com

Love's First Blush

Spring is a time of firsts...first thaw, first flower bloom, first love. It's also a time of rebirth. We're looking for those first love stories; stories of a new love after loss, could be a lover leaving them tragically (dying) or falling out of love with them. Stories should end with at least a Happy For Now with a sense of hope. Submissions should: * Have at least one character that is either experience first love (which could be coming for an older man) OR one character finding hope in new love. * Be a minimum of 10k, maximum of 40k * Any subgenre is welcomeand all prohibitive guidelines are observed * Stories due by March 15, 2014 to special_submissions @ mlrpress.com Titles will release in June of 2014. * Questions should be sent to Kris Jacen at KrisJacen @ mlrpress.com​

Last edited:

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Amber Allure
(Gay, Lesbian, and GLBT fiction)

Gay (M/M) Cowboy/Western Submissions
Submission Type: Gay (M/M) Stories - Contemporary Western Romance

Length: 11,000 - 17,999 words (Extended Amber Kiss), 18,000 - 39,999 words (Novella), or 40,000 words - 165,000 words (Novel)

Heat Level: Although we publish stories that fall into all Heat Level Rating categories, please note that we prefer stories with the highest Heat Level Rating of 3+ (Love scenes should be extremely explicit and contain graphic language. Stories may also contain sexual situations or storylines that push the envelope—heavy bondage, spanking, as well as ménage, domination and submission, multiple sexual partners, etc.).

Note regarding sexual content: Although subplots featuring hetero (M/F) or ménage (M/M/F, M/F/M, etc.) pairings may be acceptable for secondary characters, they should not take up more than a small percentage of the overall story. The heroes (the main focus of each submission) must be strictly gay and not bisexual—they should have no sexual desire for females. For storyline purposes, your heroes may have a history of heterosexual or bisexual activity, but generally, they are now either fully out of the closet or will be fully out before the story concludes. Your heroes, however, may participate in gay ménage (M/M/M) or all-male group sex. Again, all "female" involvement within the story should be kept to a minimum, and when it comes to your heroes, all sexual content should be M/M only.

Specific Guidelines: Does the scent of leather, horses, and sweaty cowboys get your hero all hot and bothered? Does the sight of a lasso-wielding stud wearing nothing but a cowboy hat and perhaps a bolo tie drive your hero as wild as a bucking bronco with excitement? Does your hero have an insatiable need to tear off the blue jeans and chaps of his handsome ranch foreman when the cowboy smiles with the promise of complete fulfillment during a steamy night in the bunkhouse? Got your own story to tell? These are the types of cowboy tales we seek. "Contemporary Western Romance" stories only, please, although all the sub-genres such as BDSM, Voyeurism, etc. are welcome. Moreover, all stories should have a "happily ever after" ending, or at least what is considered a "happily for now" conclusion. If the story being submitted is part of a planned series of books, that is also acceptable, but please send only the first book within the series (also see next paragraph).
Important notes: Amber Allure will not consider any previously published stories, therefore each submission should include only new material. Additionally, the submission should not be part of a series published at another house. Only completed manuscripts will be accepted for consideration. Please also include a detailed synopsis of the manuscript as well as a query letter. And finally, no simultaneous submissions please.

Deadline for Submissions: February 1, 2014

Email Address: After preparing your documents according to the "Overall Submission/Formatting Info" listed above, please submit the full manuscript, synopsis, and query letter to:
allure_westerns @ amberquill.com

Gay (M/M) Dweebs, Nerds, and Geeks Submissions
Submission Type: Gay (M/M) Stories - Contemporary Nerd Romance
Length: 11,000 - 17,999 words (Extended Amber Kiss), 18,000 - 39,999 words (Novella), or 40,000 words - 165,000 words (Novel)

Heat Level: Although we publish stories that fall into all Heat Level Rating categories, please note that we prefer stories with the highest Heat Level Rating of 3+ (Love scenes should be extremely explicit and contain graphic language. Stories may also contain sexual situations or storylines that push the envelope—heavy bondage, spanking, as well as ménage, domination and submission, multiple sexual partners, etc.).

Note regarding sexual content: Although subplots featuring hetero (M/F) or ménage (M/M/F, M/F/M, etc.) pairings may be acceptable for secondary characters, they should not take up more than a small percentage of the overall story. The heroes (the main focus of each submission) must be strictly gay and not bisexual—they should have no sexual desire for females. For storyline purposes, your heroes may have a history of heterosexual or bisexual activity, but generally, they are now either fully out of the closet or will be fully out before the story concludes. Your heroes, however, may participate in gay ménage (M/M/M) or all-male group sex. Again, all "female" involvement within the story should be kept to a minimum, and when it comes to your heroes, all sexual content should be M/M only.

Specific Guidelines: This particular theme revolves around (can't you guess?) guys who might be considered a bit "dweeby" or "nerdy" or "geeky" by some people in society. Do you have a story idea that seems a cross between movies such as Revenge of the Nerds and My Beautiful Laundrette? Or perhaps you have a tale that merges the comedy of The Big Bang Theory with the soapy drama of Queer As Folk? If so, then this theme might be something that interests you. "Contemporary Romance" stories only, please, although all the sub-genres such as BDSM, Voyeurism, etc. are welcome. Moreover, all stories should include a "happily ever after" ending, or at least what is considered a "happily for now" conclusion. If the story being submitted is part of a planned series of books, that is also acceptable, but please send only the first book within the series (also see next paragraph).

Important notes: Amber Allure will not consider any previously published stories, therefore each submission should include only new material. Additionally, the submission should not be part of a series published at another house. Only completed manuscripts will be accepted for consideration. Please also include a detailed synopsis of the manuscript as well as a query letter. And finally, no simultaneous submissions please.

Email Address: After preparing your documents according to the "Overall Submission/Formatting Info" listed above, please submit the full manuscript, synopsis, and query letter to:
allure_geeks @ amberquill.com

Gay (M/M) Office Romances Submissions
Submission Type: Gay (M/M) Stories - Contemporary Office Romance

Specific Guidelines: Could this theme be named How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying? No. More like How To Succeed In Business Once Learning A Man's Secret Desires. Picture it...an ambitious mailroom clerk uses his "hidden talents" on one or more key executives in order to leapfrog his way up the corporate ladder, and in the process, he discovers true love instead. Or perhaps two rival business executives decide to move their differences from an "animus boardroom" to an "amorous bedroom." Or maybe the owner of a company is just itching to induct his new vice president into the mile-high club aboard the corporate jet and will go to great lengths to do so. Whatever the situation, a private office, an employee lounge, an executive bathroom, or even the copy room should act as the location of corporate passion, and your heroes should take full advantage at every opportunity. Make it daring, make it fervent, or even flirt with the taboo, but before a Donald Trump Wannabe utters the dreaded phrase "You're fired," bring your heroes together in a liaison so fiery as to make the water coolers combust! Stories should be a Contemporary setting, and your heroes must be "white-collar" workers, and sub-genres such as BDSM, Voyeurism, etc. are welcome. Moreover, all stories should include a "happily ever after" ending, or at least what is considered a "happily for now" conclusion. If the story being submitted is part of a planned series of books, that is also acceptable, but please send only the first book within the series (also see next paragraph).

allure_officeromance @ amberquill.com

More submission information: http://www.amberquill.com/AmberAllure/AA_submissioncalls.html

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Etopia Press
(Erotic Romance)

Burn, Baby, Burn

Hot firefighter? ‘Nuff said. Give us your hottest erotic fantasies featuring firefighters…the hotter and sexier the better. These men need to be pure alpha, and pure pleasure. A little kink? Sure thing. A few toys? Oh, the joys. A little bondage? Um…if you can rhyme bondage, your manuscript goes to the top of the queue.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Word Count: 12K through 75K.
Imprint: Etopia Rush
Romance sub-genre/subgenre: Erotic Contemporary Romance (m/f, m/m, ménage, BDSM, IR/MC/BBW/OW, you name it)
Address Submissions to: submissions @ etopia-press.net

Shift into Summer…

The call of the wild on a cool desert night, the crisp ocean breeze exciting the pack… whatever does it for your shifter heroes or heroines does it for us. Give us your hottest erotic shifter stories, your most romantic tales of conflict and passion, all rolled into your sexiest summer setting and make us howl with joy! Keep them predatory and sexy…the werehamsters may have their own call at a later date. The best of the shorter works will be selected for a print anthology as well as individual e-book release.
Submission Deadline: March 1, 2014
Word Count: 12K – 75K.
Romance sub-genre/subgenre: Erotic Paranormal Romance featuring male or female Shifters(m/f, m/m, ménage, BDSM, IR/MC/BBW/OW, you name it)

What the Hex?

Curses and Hexes, Love spells and Charms. Drop your best work in our virtual arms. I mean, our submissions box. Whatever.
Love paranormal romance? Love witches and magic and things that go bump in the night…in a good way? We’re looking for dark, sensual stories featuring witches, sorcerers, or other paranormal beings for whom magic is a way of life, for good or ill. Either male or female, hero, heroine or villain, these characters should be impossible to ignore. We want to see dark, exciting, well-plotted stories with loads of conflict and magic at its core. These can be dark, sexy mainstreams or erotics—erotics can be any length, 12K to 85K. Mainstream paranormals should be novel-length, 55K to 85K.
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2014
Word count: 12K through novel length
Imprints: Rush, Feral
Romance Sub-genre: Paranormal
Themes: Halloween, Black Cats

Black Cat Tales

Or tails… or whiskers… or whatever other black cat bits you can fit into a Halloween-themed story. This call is open to all imprints, all lengths 12K and over. They can be hot erotic shifter stories, sexy contemporaries with some sizzle and wit, or historical, suspense, or anything else, as long as a black cat features prominently in the story. More than that, we’re not going to say. Just make sure they cross our path by May 1, 2014.
Submission Deadline: May 1, 2014
Word count: 12K through novel length
Imprint: All
Romance Sub-genre: All
Themes: Halloween, Black Cats

In the Line of Fire

Do you like your romance splashed with a liberal amount of suspense? Do you like your action and adventure laced with hot, alpha heroes? So do we. We’re looking for your most heart-pounding romantic suspense and romantic action stories, heavy on conflict and adventure, with strong, rugged heroes that will melt us into a puddle. Spies, military and paramilitary, police and FBI, and even your average, amateur sleuth all make for great characters, as long as their stories place them somehow “in the line of fire.”
Submission Deadline: June 1, 2014
Word Count: 55-85K.
Imprint: Deadly Desires
Genre: Romantic suspense, Romantic Action/Adventure, all heat levels
Theme: Characters whose stories place them “in the line of fire.”

Touchdown!

Let’s face it—jocks are hot. Especially those beautiful men of the NFL. They may be more than meets the eye, or perhaps they’re just looking to score. But whatever their goal, only one heroine will do—yours. If you love the game—and those boys with those legs…and arms…and…sigh…this is the call for you. We want to read your contemporary romance or erotic romance/MM featuring those gorgeous men of the NFL, with heat levels from spicy to erotic.
Submission Deadline: July 1, 2014
Word Count: 20K to 75K.
Romance sub-genre/subgenre: Contemporary Romance featuring NFL heroes (m/f, m/m, ménage, BDSM, IR/MC/BBW/OW, you name it)

Holiday Heat

We’re shopping early for your best erotic romance novellas for our Ho-Ho-Holiday theme. Are you on Santa’s naughty list? Stranded in a little too much snow on Christmas Eve? Working some special Solstice magic? Anything goes, as long as it’s hot, hot, hot! M/M, IR, MC, BBW, BDSM, ménage…all the better.
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2014
Word count: 15-35K
Imprint: Rush
Genre: Erotic Romance (m/f, m/m, ménage, BDSM, IR/MC/BBW/OW, you name it), all subgenres, high heat levels.
Theme: Winter Holidays

The Holiday Gift

Love a great, heartwarming holiday read? Can’t get enough of the Hallmark channel? We’re looking for the very best, most heartwarming, mainstream holiday romance—classic holiday stories about finding true love and learning the true meaning of the holiday season. We want stories in the vein of Sherryl Woods, Debbie Macomber, and your other favorite mainstream authors stories that can bring a tear to our eyes and a little rush of romance to our hearts. Come on, you know you love them. And what better way to get into the holiday spirit than to finalize a holiday story during the dog days of summer?
Submission Deadline: August 1, 2014
Word count: 65-85K
Imprint: Shameless
Genre: Contemporary Romance, sweet to spicy.
Theme: Winter Holidays

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Velvet Books
(This is a brand new press, opening soon, accepting calls for anthologies as well as erotic novellas/novels: http://www.velvet-books.com/)

Raising the Curtain : an anthology of erotica inspired by the theatre.

What goes on behind the velvet curtains of the theatre? Is there more drama backstage than onstage? Does the sexual tension between the stars of the show get x-rated once the curtain drops and the audience has left?

We’re looking for erotica stories inspired by the drama of the theatre both on and offstage, from amateur dramatics to the high glamour of Broadway or the West End.

We have a strong preference for stories that have female characters and female pleasure as their focal point and have well developed characters and narratives. Although all work will be considered on merit.

Anthology submission guidelines:

• Submissions must be 3,000 to 5,000 word erotica stories and be original and your own work.
  • Submissions are open to all writers.
  • Deadline is 31st March 2014 for publication in summer 2014.
  • Payment will be £50 per accepted story.
  • The anthology will be edited by Ruby Kiddell, author of the BDSM novella Normal, editor of the Eroticon 2012 anthology Dirty Thoughts from the Back of the Room and the organiser of the Eroticon conferences for sex bloggers and erotica writers.
  • Please send your story as a word document formatted to 10pt Arial, double spaced to [email protected] or submit via our "Write for Velvet" page
  • Please include “Raising the curtain” and the title of the story in the email subject line.
  • Please include your legal name, your pseudonym, email address and any social media or website links on the first page of your submission.
  • The anthology will be published by Velvet Books, all sexual activity must be consensual and legal.
  • Rights – 5 years worldwide exclusive audio, ebook and print.
  • We will consider previously published work as long as it is out of contract, please indicate details in your cover note.

My First Lesbian Experience

Submissions must be 3,000 to 5,000 word erotica stories and be original and your own work.
Submissions are open to all writers.
Deadline is 31st March 2014 for publication in summer 2014.
Payment will be £50 per accepted story.
The anthology will be edited by Ruby Kiddell, author of the BDSM novella Normal, editor of the Eroticon 2012 anthology Dirty Thoughts from the Back of the Room and the organiser of the Eroticon conferences for sex bloggers and erotica writers.
Please send your story as a word document formatted to 10pt Arial, double spaced to [email protected] or submit via our "Write for Velvet" page
Please include “Raising the curtain” and the title of the story in the email subject line.
Please include your legal name, your pseudonym, email address and any social media or website links on the first page of your submission.
The anthology will be published by Velvet Books, all sexual activity must be consensual and legal.
Rights – 5 years worldwide exclusive audio, ebook and print.
We will consider previously published work as long as it is out of contract, please indicate details in your cover note.
Please see our Write for Velvet page for more details.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Little Raven
Erotic short story competition

banQuetpress and Little Raven Publishing invite submissions for an erotic short story competition.
We are especially interested in sex-positive works that overtly explore a diverse range of:

• sexual expressions/practices/kinks (from vanilla to hardcore)
  • sexual subcultures
  • expression of sexual identities
  • relationship types
  • issues of sex and sexuality
We will only accept original, previously unpublished short stories (including online). Please do not submit short stories that are being concurrently considered elsewhere. Maximum of three pieces per author.
First prize: $75 + publication (eBook)​
Second prize: $50 + publication (eBook)​
Third prize: $25 + publication (eBook)​
Finalists may be offered publication.

Send your stories (maximum of 3000 words) to banquetravenpublishing @ gmail.com by 5pm on Friday 2nd May, 2014

More submission guidelines: http://littleravenpublishing.com/erotic-short-story-competition/

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Reminders!

* Calls for submissions are shared publicly via publisher's websites. No one claims any affiliation with any publisher listed in this thread.

* Questions about a specific call? Research. If the link to the publisher's website is not listed in the thread, please use Google.

* Research any prospective publisher you're considering. We at AW have a wonderful resource called "Bewares, Recommendations & Background Checks" http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22

Check it out before submitting.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Gia Books
(Another new publisher. "Gia Press accepts gay male erotic fiction works from both aspiring and established authors.")

FRIENDS TO LOVERS

What happens when the guy you've known forever starts to rev your engine and trip your trigger? How can you transition from friends to lovers without destroying the friendship...or is the friendship the perfect foundation to build a happily ever after? Do you have a story of love that was slow to bloom, or maybe realization of people in love that they are more than mere friends? Take the theme of friends to lovers and show our readers the passion and anxiety that is produced by two people that know so much about one another, yet still not everything until...

CLOSING DATE OF SUBMISSIONS:
February 14, 2014
STORY LENGHT:
15,000+
GENRE:
M/M, MMM+
911, WHAT IS YOUR EMERGENCY?

When emergencies strike, our local heroes rush to our aid. Steadfast and confident in their duties, they never buckle under pressure and always there to lend a hand. What happens when the man of your dreams is the one on the gurney, the man whose house burned down or even the colleague down the hall?
When attraction, lust and love rattle our heroes to the core, will it be enough or...will it be another emergency?

CLOSING DATE OF SUBMISSIONS:
March 7, 2014
STORY LENGth:
15,000+
GENRE:
M/M, MMM+

Go to their website (above) for submission instructions. https://www.giabooks.com/store/index.php?main_page=submissions

DexyDoo

I typed "semen" how many times???
Registered
Reaction score
Cleis Press Kink Anthology Call

Cleis Press
Call for Submissions: kinky erotica anthology
Deadline: March 1, 2014

Please send me your best 500-1500 word stories on kink. Yeah, that's it. Kink. What does kink mean? Well, to me, kink includes fetishes of all sorts: spanking, bondage, leather, rubber, orgies, sex toys, stockings, voyeurism, phone sex, public displays, gang bangs (gotta love the gang bangs), clubbing, exhibitionism, tickling...

Make sure not to trip over my no-nos: no non-consensual, underage, incestuous, or bestiality-themed stories. Please. For the love of God. Please.

The small print:

I am paying $40 per story. Authors may sub three stories max. Deadline is March 1st. I will respond to writers by April 1st. The book will be published by Cleis Press. I will make payment via Paypal within 30 days of publication. Paypal takes out fees—because Paypal is a business. I will send you $41.50 per story that is accepted by Cleis (because the publisher has final say of all content), and you will (or you should if I've crossed my i's and dotted my t's) receive $40.

What have I left out? Aside from the kitchen sink. Oh, yes. How do you submit? Simple. Paste your submissions into an email and send to msalisontyler at yahoo dot com. Include a 50-word max bio with one link only. I am not considering reprints at this time.

gingerwoman

Registered
Reaction score
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+3] THE MAN CAVE[/SIZE][/FONT]​
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] [SIZE=+1]Erotica for Men! [/SIZE]Torrid Books is seeking submissions for their new line, [SIZE=+1]The Man Cave[/SIZE]. These stories are geared toward the male reader, but women will enjoy them too![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Stories may contain:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Bisexuality, BDSM , Casual Encounters, Exhibitionism, Erotic Fantasy, Female Domination, Fetishism, Group Sex, Gay/Lesbian, Masturbation, May/December Affairs (F/M or M/F), Oral Sex, Anal Sex, Sex Toys, Swinging, Menage, Voyeurism.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Stories may feature humor, horror, suspense, or dark themes, but all submissions must be explicitly erotic. A romantic plot or sub-plot is not mandatory, but may also be part of the story. We believe in pushing boundaries. We want stories with intense sexuality and excellent writing. If it's well written erotica, we want to see it![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Submissions may only be made by adults eighteen years of age and older. By submitting material you confirm that you are eighteen years of age or older.
We do still insist on a few taboos: [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Taboo:[/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Incest (between blood relatives)
Underage sex (characters must be 18 or older)
Necrophilia (excluding vampires)
Bestiality (shapeshifters excepted)
Snuff (ack!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We will consider short stories of 5,000 to 10,000 words.
We prefer stories between 10,000 and 40,000 words.
We do not accept anything over 50,000 words. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Send your submissions to [email protected] and please put The Man Cave in your subject line.[/FONT]

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
Good Mourning Publishing
Romance call
http://goodmourningpublishing.com/call.html

Superhero Anthology

This is an open call for an anthology of short romantic fiction which takes place in a super hero universe; at least one of the love interests has to be a superhero or villain. Any story containing copyrighted characters is not permitted (Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, Psylocke, etc.) but fanfiction which has been edited to be a stand-alone story with original characters is acceptable. All gender pairings, sub-genre, and content rating are accepted for this book, but the main theme has to be romance. The word limit is a 15,000 word maximum with no minimum word count.

Authors will retain the copyright to their work, receive $30.00 USD for accepted works, and receive a free paperback copy of the book upon publication. Authors from all over the world and from any age group (under the age of 18 is accepted) are invited to submit their stories.

The submission deadline is February 28, 2014.
Please email all submissions in Word format to submissions @ goodmourningpublishing.com. Feel free to email any questions to the same address.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Copied from Paying Markets, which some of us may not visit:

Continuing Call For Submissions: Erotic Microfiction [Pays $5 or ebook per story]
Circlet Press is looking for 250-1000 word short-shorts of erotic sf/f and related genres (no horror, though) that make an enticing fictive snack. Microfictions should be sex-positive. literary quality, and although they may be explicit should be tastefully written. Stories without that sf/f/speculative element will not be considered.

Microfictions pay $5 via Paypal (you must have a Paypal account), or a free ebook from our extensive digital library. Writers in the US or Canada also have the option of selecting from our print library.

To read previous microfictions to see what we're looking for and what we've enjoyed in the past, go to http://www.circlet.com/?tag=microfiction.

Microfiction submissions should be made to the address [email protected].

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
Riptide Publishing Open Calls:

(http://riptidepublishing.com/call-for-submissions)

Sports Romance

Queer men play sports. Whether they hide their sexuality or not, they are on the field, in the rink, on the court. And we want stories about how they juggle finding love with their commitment to their sport. We’d prefer major league professional settings (American football, basketball, ice hockey, baseball; European soccer/football, rugby, cricket; etc.), but the Olympics would be fabulous, and any sport will be considered (NASCAR/Formula One racing, polo, X Games sports, etc.). Make the competition a major focus of and conflict with the romance, and you’ve got a winner!

Length: 30,000 to 85,000 words
Heat Levels: Moderate to explicit
Ending: HEA or strong HFN
Orientation: gay, bisexual, AFAB trans or nonbinary
Submissions Due: Monday, September 1, 2014
Acceptance Letters Sent By: January 1, 2014
Anticipated Release Date: Nine months to a year after acceptance

Rainbow Families

Rainbow lovers create unique families, and we want romances that explore building those families. Send us your stories about the life-stages of a family, of what happens after the HEA, of the trials and tribulations of creating a family, of becoming and being a parent, of dealing with the joys and pains family can put us through. Send us your romantic comedy about planning a wedding (My Big Fat Rainbow Wedding!); your romance about how a relationship is affected by trying to start a family through pregnancy, adoption, surrogacy, etc. (a Rainbow Baby Boom!); your story about a couple trying to combine their already-existing families (The Rainbow Brady Bunch!). Blended families, new families, desperately wanted families, growing families, step-families, poly families: we want it all.

The story still needs to be a romance between two (or more) rainbow characters in any modern-day setting, but the driving force of the story should be the life-stages of a family (marriage, pregnancy, adoption, surrogacy). Sex is fine (and sometimes necessary!), but these should not be erotic romances.

Length: 45,000 to 85,000 words
Heat Levels: Mild to Medium
Orientation: Any
Submissions Due: Saturday, November 1, 2014
Acceptance Letters Sent By: March 1, 2015

Shifters and Weres

Whether bound to the lunar cycle or able to shift at will, werewolves or weresquid (and wherever your imagination might take you with all those tentacles!), skinwalkers or humans who can change their faces, we want to get to know your shifter society. Are they out? Hidden? Hated? Revered? Maybe they fight crime, or maybe they cause it. Maybe they just want to be left alone, or maybe they are (or are trying to be) the dominant species.

Our key desire in this call is a mythos that sets your story apart from the thousands of other shifter stories already published. Abandon those tired old A/B/O tropes and bring us something fascinating and fresh.

Romance is necessary, but it need not be the central focus. Frequent erotic content is welcome, as is creative sex (sex in shifted or semi-shifted form is fine as long as your shfiters retain sentience and are capable of consent, even if consent is not given), but please don’t send us erotica—in other words, the central relationship must not be driven by and explored primarily with sex). If your mythos calls for celibacy, that’s okay too. The mythos is the star of this show, so be sure it wows us.

Length: 50,000 to 110,000 words
Genres: Paranormal
Heat Levels: Any
Submissions Due: Thursday, January 1, 2015
Acceptance Letters Sent By: May 1, 2015

Lesbian Novels

Have you written a novel-length lesbian romance? We want it! Any genre, any setting, any focus. Historical lesbians, contemporary lesbians, lesbians in suspense, romantic comedy lesbians, paranormal lesbians, futuristic lesbians. Any and all lesbian romance, send it our way.

This is an open-ended call; you may submit at any time. Earliest potential closing date for this call is March 1, 2015, though we may elect to run it longer.

Length: 50,000 to 110,000 words
Heat Levels: Moderately to very explicit, but not erotica. That is, focus of narrative and relationship should not solely be sexual exploration, though at least two scenes with at least moderately explicit sex is preferred.
Orientation: Lesbian, bisexual (as long as final resolution is in lesbian relationship). Trans and intersex women are welcome.
Submissions Due: Sunday, March 1, 2015
Acceptance Letters Sent By: 12 to 16 weeks after submission

Shades of the Rainbow

We want to explore all the colors of the rainbow that aren't gay and lesbian: bisexual, trans, queer, nonbinary, ace spectrum, etc. Your characters’ sexual and/or gender identity can either be central to the story or present but not the focus, but otherwise, genre is wide open. Let’s give everyone their happy ever after.

This is an open-ended call; you may submit at any time. Earliest potential closing date for this call is March 1, 2015, though we may elect to run it longer.

Length: 25,000 to 110,000 words
Orientation: Any queer orientation EXCEPT cis gay and cis lesbian

Sweet Romance

We’re seeking sweet romances: any orientation, any topic, any genre . . . zero explicit sex. Fade to black is fine, as is no sex at all. We want teen-appropriate stories, even if the stories themselves are not actually YA or NA.

Length: 25,000 to 110,000 words
Heat Levels: No explicit sex

*punk

Steampunk, dieselpunk, biopunk, cyberpunk, even nanopunk and nowpunk. Give us your dystopias, your body mods, your corsets and goggles, your clockwork Westerns and airship wars with bioengineered pilots. In this call, the world is key. Build it brick by brick—or cog by gear—and immerse us in it. Show us how love blooms among the steam and gaslight.

We’re seeking romances or erotic romances, but not erotica. Brilliant plots and worlds with romantic elements rather than full-blown romances may also catch our eye. Any heat level is fine, but if sex happens, make absolutely certain it fits well within and contributes to the world you’ve created.

Length: 45,000 to 115,000 words
Genres: steampunk, cyberpunk, biopunk, dieselpunk, any other *punk you can imagine
Ending: HEA or strong HFN for romance, any for romantic elements
Acceptance Letters Sent By: July 1, 2015

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
And another Riptide Call. This one for BDSM Short Stories.

(http://riptidepublishing.com/call-for-submissions)

BDSM Erotic Shorts

BDSM is a multi-layered acronym covering many facets of kinky identity and play. Riptide Publishing wants to explore each letter in its own collection of erotic shorts.

Bondage: Think handcuffs, elaborate Shibari ropework, predicament bondage, the complete immobility of a vacuum bed. Or just being told not to move . . .

Discipline: Someone’s been naughty and needs to be taught a lesson. Someone is trying to follow the rules, but fails and needs to be corrected . . . for their own good.

Domination: The will to power, to control. The rush of having someone do what you tell them to, the thrill of having someone kneel before you, ready for your command.

Submission: Giving yourself up to the will of another, finding peace in following orders, finding tranquility on your knees, even if you’re forced there.

Sadism: Nothing turns you on more than your partner’s moans and tears of pain as you hurt them, as they let you hurt them . . .

Masochism: The heavy thud of a flogger, the exquisite burst of a cane strike, the prick of a knife . . . the power and joy and freedom of pain.

Pick a letter, any letter, and write us a rainbow story that focuses on that letter. In fact, feel free to write a story for each letter. Please note: risk-aware and consensual play is a must.

Length: 8,000 to 15,000 words
Heat Levels: Hot to Scorching
Ending: Any
Submissions Due: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
Acceptance Letters Sent By: Nov 1, 2014
Anticipated Release Date: Late 2015