Naming Your Pet in Acknowledgments

Myrealana

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.badfoodie.com
It doesn't seem to me like it's uncommon. Of course, I read a lot of books like the Lillian Jackson Braun "Cat Who..." books and Rita Mae Brown's books which have her cat Sneaky Pie credited as co-author.

thothguard51

A Gentleman of a refined age...
Registered
Reaction score
I plan on acknowledging that alien that abducted me when I was 11 years old...

He, She, It really helped with my imagination, or so my mother, father, and school shrink said...

areteus

Registered
Reaction score
Eddie actually features in Transitions (as a stray dog) so he totally gets a mention (in the Bio too...).

Tazlima

Registered
Reaction score
Dean Koontz does it too. I say go for it. You don't have to be human to be important in someone's life.

Kalsik

Kalsik
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen stranger acknowledgements than one's pet in some books. Most of them were autobiographical work mind you, but the point remains.

Jason

Ideas bounce around in my head
Registered
Reaction score
Echoing the sentiment of everyone else here, pets are fair game for thanking in dedications, acknowledgements, or where ever you like.

Not only have I read books where pets are in either, or both, but I think I remember reading somewhere that the vast majority of the human race owns or enjoys the company of a domesticated animal of some sort. Heck, on my flight home the othe day, a guy was doing coochy coos to a bird! LOL :)