Erotic poetry: Is there a market?

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if there is market for erotic poetry? I started my self-publishing career writing erotic poetry and I sold some copies. Has anyone heard of erotic poetry market?

Filigree

Mildly Disturbing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.cranehanabooks.com
I'd think that some of the more literary erotic publishers and magazines would be interested in erotic poetry.

Think of unconventional markets, as well. I'm working on a piece of erotic poetry no more than 20 or 30 sentences, to be turned into a book art sculpture/jewelry piece later this year. Basically, each bead will be a word, and they'll all be strung in sequence on a scarf-like piece of body jewelry. I'll have a smaller text-on-paper version as well. The grouping will sell for around $600 or higher as one unique sculpture. If I could figure out multiple production I could do an edition of 5 or 10, and make even more money. Not all at once, since art takes time to sell.

I'm getting a lot of book art clients who are not averse to erotica with their art - it's an old and honored tradition.

veinglory

volitare nequeo
Self-Ban
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.veinglory.com
Erotic poetry per se is a very limited market--but there are a few online venues and themed issues of magazines. As with most poetry the pay is not so much.

M.N Thorne

Registered
Reaction score
Simply put, yes! I know of at least one. It's very new and has only published two issues thus far (editors are working on the third), but the debut issue is fantastic (and I don't just say that because I had a poem published in it) and it sounds like what you're looking for. It's called nin: a journal of erotic poetics.

Thank you, Demirugic:D