Picking the right word

Xelebes

Delerium ex Ennui
Registered
Reaction score
Interesting. Got any links or citations? Google is being uncooperative.

Alaric Hall's "Elves in Anglo Saxon England"

The words are modernised. Hall has found them written as sidsa and siden, and served the same purpose as the seithr in Norse religion. Spywife comes from AS spaewife, served the same purpose as a volva in Norse religion.

Titan Orion

Demigod of Order
Registered
Reaction score
I kind of like "familiar" considering it is still going with the whole witch thing. I have no idea how "inherent" sounds magical or even makes sense in this context, considering the word's meaning. Is there something I'm missing?

Inherent could be a magical thing if they gain aka "inheret" powers from being around the crazy weird monster god stuff. Then again, I don't know how that works... Maybe Inherent isn't a good suggestion then.

Off topic:

Titan Orion - you cheeky devil.

If I said the name Ferren, would it ring any bells? or maybe blow them up?

Dayum bro of course! Hell, as soon as I saw 4burner I knew. Good to see you man :)

Hapax Legomenon

Registered
Reaction score
I think you're mixing up words a bit. Something "inherent" is something essential to a thing. Someone who "inherits", or is left something, is an heir.

BabySealWriter

Often misses his target
Registered
Reaction score
what about Shaman. Shamans were often considered to be a go between for mortal and immortal relations.

Also, I agree with a common name, and a derogatory name as well. Maybe Shaman which brings all of the positive connotations with the word as something good. Then use witch or something similar as a slur.

May be too simple, but I like simple.