World Fantasy Convention 2014. Plotting the Three Centennials over a year in advance.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
November 2014 is right around the corner, I swear! And so is Arlington, VA from me.

We've been chatting about WFC in the chat thread and it looks like a bunch of us will be going.

Guy Gavriel Kay, Les Edwards, and Stuard David Schiff will be there, among others. The actual dates are Nov 6th to 9th.

We are already discussing going to the (free!) National Zoo together, and hotel options outside of the convention hotel and pricey airport region. Cobra has promised us a list sometime later on.

I'm stoked about GGK. Meeting fellow AWers will make it a great long weekend. Who's keen?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I'm seriously intending to be there, combining it with a few days in DC for a trip to the US. I'll be joining the con in a couple of months, all going well.

KateJJ

coffee and pistols at dawn
Registered
Reaction score
Oh wow, that's easy driving distance. Makes note to buy a pair of tickets.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm local, so I'm in.

ETA: Like Fen said, if people are interesting, I'll do a little research into hotel/Metro options for anyone staying outside of walking distance from the venue.

Phaeal

Whatever I did, I didn't do it.
Registered
Reaction score
Not too far from me. Definitely putting it on my to-do list!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I've now taken out membership. Sorting out flights and accomodation (both for the con and about three nights in DC beforehand) to be done in due course.

Fenika

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did we find any cheaper hotels?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Bumping this as World Fantasy is now just over three months away.

Sadly, I can't now go, and I've cancelled my membership. Some unexpected expenses put paid to this, so big holidays for significant birthdays will have to be deferred awhile.

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, that's a shame! :-(

I just put up my schedule on my blog for my events/panels for it. Really looking forward to it!

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
I should be okay, thanks. I just need not to go too mad for the next eleven months...

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Aww, that's a shame! :-(

I just put up my schedule on my blog for my events/panels for it. Really looking forward to it!

Thanks, Laura. I didn't know you were going to World Fantasy (Arlington VA)? I can't see your name on the membership list.

I will be at Loncon though. As you kindly signed my copy of Pantomime at Eastercon, hopefully you would sign a copy of Shadowplay then? (Or failing that, Fantasycon in York if you're going.)

lauralam

Moonshade
Registered
Reaction score
Oh bah, I keep getting them confused. It's Loncon I'm going to. I wanted to go to World Fantasy because I have family nearby.

Would love to sign! I'll be at Fantasycon, too, I think. Can afford it now :-D

JustSarah

Registered
Reaction score
Website
about.me
I'm not sure I would have transportation. But if I were with family more, I could definitely visit the event.

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Oh! Oh! My brother and his family live in Arlington! I have a new car that can make the drive! I want to go!

*calls brother*

The website is here. Hope you have a good time. I enjoyed the two WFCs I've been to (London 1997, Brighton 2013).

Last edited:

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Looks like WFS2014's preliminary membership (attendees) is full. They've opened a waiting list.