NaNo 2012 Word Count Madness!

calieber

Couth barbarian
Registered
Reaction score
8,544. I've beaten my personal best (actually, I just checked, I thought my personal best was 8,500. It was closer to 8,000, so I beat it a while ago.)

And I only really started on the 19th. I'm going for the 20K Weekend to try to catch up, and I'm ... barely on track to do it.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I didn't write yesterday like I was planning to.

Went grocery shopping, and wound up in a department store with mum, who was looking all over the place for Christmas gift ideas. Then got home, came online, cooked lunch, then we had to go out to meet someone at the grandparents' retirement village. After that, we stayed there until going out to dinner for nanna's birthday. Then it was back there, and I didn't get home till late.

So yeah, no writing yesterday... So my new goal is 5k a day, starting today. :) That should finish this WIP in 4 or 5 days. It's the morning of the 26th here, so I have 5 days of NaNo to burn through...

No real plans today other than writing, though. :)

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Finished yesterday. Now I need to press on to the end of the novel. :D

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Passed 60K. Still going. I want to at least get past this point today because I'm finding it difficult to write.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score
Over 40K now. I can still do this. I can. Just two thousand words a day over the next five days. That's not too much.

BBBurke

Along for the ride
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.blairbburke.com
I finished the book. 62k. Feels good, but I think it might grow a little bit in revisions. But I'm calling this the first draft. Done.

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score

I just found out I got an A for my poetry portfolio. OMG I was not expecting such a good grade!

Not really worried about the creative assignment grade now... Pretty much any grade for the poems will let me pass this topic. I'm so relieved! And astounded! An A!

meowzbark

Registered
Reaction score

I finally caught up. But I know that I have a long ways to go. I just introduced a new character and have so much more to write. I have to write the big fight scene. Two death scenes. I have to figure out how to fit a certain someone from the beginning part of the book into the end. And then I need to do a lot of filler for almost all the scenes.

I'm not sure how many words this book will be by the time it's over, but it definitely looks like more than 50k. And for that, I'm happy! I won't be able to finish the book by the end of the month but I should hit the minimum word count.

Mirth

Registered
Reaction score
I'm finally back on writing! 8.800 words a day, here I come... :rolleyes:

It's crazy, but I still think I can do this. Let's see how I'll feel by the end of the day.

I just found out I got an A for my poetry portfolio. OMG I was not expecting such a good grade!
Good grief, you lot! They're huge goals! I was just about to announce that I wrote 6,000 words today. I think that's a record for me!
8,544. I've beaten my personal best (actually, I just checked, I thought my personal best was 8,500. It was closer to 8,000, so I beat it a while ago.

Congrats! :Guitar:

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I had to take a few days off to do publisher edits on another book. But I'm back into the thick of the NaNo draft now and reached 45k last night, so I'm confident I'll make the 50k by Friday.

Putputt

permanently suctioned to Buz's leg
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Had to take a few days off as I was travelling and long flights are meant to be spent watching movies you missed, like Ted.

But today! Despite being jet-lagged and super grumpy, I managed to scrape together 2.5K! Omguhh I am so awesome. I kiss myself in appreciation. Mwah! :D

ShadowFox

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the weird position of having writen 47k words this month, but only being at 26k on my nano novel. Basically, I didn't work on the novel between 5th and 20th of nov because of health scares in the family and other commitments meant I didn't have enough emotional energy.

I'm going to try to write another 10k on the novel, but I think that is as much as I will manage.

It's a pity, but I guess considering how stressful the month is I am actually quite happy with what I have done. I should finish the first draft by the end of december.

CQuinlan

Registered
Reaction score

I found a scene I thought I had lost! SO happy!

measure_in_love

escaping the evil queen's curse
Registered
Reaction score
oy really running out of steam here. have been at the same word count for 3 days. I'm just so exhausted. I don't know how much further I can make it. I'm at 37k+ which for me is an accomplishment in itself because I haven't written anything in a year. so that's a step. I'm just so exhausted and I don't know if I can make the cut off. help?

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
Hit 40,295 this weekend, which was lower than I was aiming for, but not bad.

Congratulations on all the great word counts so far!

That is fantastic! Good job :partyguy:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! :Guitar:

That is fantastic! Good job :partyguy:

Thanks to both of you. :)

I didn't write yesterday either... I've pretty much decided that having a November 30th deadline for finishing this WIP is putting too much stress on myself, and not letting me wind down from the Uni year.

So I'm officially bowing out of NaNo this year. I might write some words, but I'm not setting any goals.

I'll be here in December though - I never leave this part of AW, year round. :tongue

For anyone interested in setting and achieving goals in non-NaNo months, this part of the forum will welcome the new blood. :)

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
I was at 20,005. I am now at 19,912.

That'll pretty much do it for me. I know it says don't edit but I can't help it. That's how I write so. . .

I'm going to keep writing this novel. I like how it's shaping up. But as for my final official NaNoWriMo word count, I'm thinking somewhere around 20-25K unless my tooth really starts hurting. I cracked it, dentist Wed.

:chair

Anyway, I gave it a shot, started writing and I won't stop until I'm done. It was fun when it wasn't giving me fits. That's the main thing.

Right?

kkbe

Huh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kkelliewriteme.wordpress.com
I know. Feeling down. More than. And my jaw hurts.

But at least I don't have a cold.

I think it's great everybody's written what they have, it's inspiring. Kudos all around, truly.