Has anyone tried the Revise Your Novel in a Month Series (or PlotWriMo)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eisen

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried the Revise Your Novel in a Month (PlotWriMo) video series by Martha Alderson? What did y'all think of the videos - were they useful? Has anyone tried doing revisions in one month, if so, how did that go?

I'm interested in any feedback about Alderson's other materials (books, videos, etc) too.

Thanks for your time! :)

bearilou

DenturePunk writer
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
yawping barbarically over the roofs of the world

shadowwalker

empty-nester!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm an edit-as-I-go person, so maybe this doesn't apply, but I would think putting a speed limit on revising would be a bit... unwise? I get the Nanomo-write thing, but I would think the revision process would require a bit more care. ???

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
I haven't tried Martha's video series but I have a couple of her books and have found them very useful.

Also, Holly Lisle has her (infamous?) One-Pass Manuscript Revision as well as a very popular (and highly recommended by many) How To Revise A Novel workshop. (Here's a blog where she hits the highpoints on her intensive process).

Infamous? Why would it be infamous? I've talked to a lot of writers who loved it, and none who thought it wasn't upfront, smart, and well thought out, even if it didn't work for them.

Jamesaritchie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to ask if anyone has tried the Revise Your Novel in a Month (PlotWriMo) video series by Martha Alderson? What did y'all think of the videos - were they useful? Has anyone tried doing revisions in one month, if so, how did that go?

I'm interested in any feedback about Alderson's other materials (books, videos, etc) too.

Thanks for your time! :)

I rewrite/revise/edit each page as I write it, so there's nothing else left to do, but before I started doing this it never took a full month to revise a novel. I think Holly Lisle's method is the best I've seen, but a month is a long time.

Eisen

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for all your feedback :) and the links, bearilou! I will check out the links to the Holly Lisle material. As for the PlotWriMo: I just watched a free video and it seems like the "revise" part takes at least a month followed by a "rewrite", which means that the whole process takes awhile. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.