Old People Writing for Teens, IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewii

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else having trouble with AW crashing their browsers (or specifically firefox)? My browser has frozen over 20 times in the last two days. But only when I'm on AW :(

FMAnderson

Knocking his head against the wall.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
empirenevadathenovel.wordpress.com
Gah, this Write In Con stuff taking place over next week just depresses me. My first week back at the school where I teach is next week. I do plan on buffing the query up and posting, and will check as many posts as I can, but I'll miss a lot. :(

Niiicola

Twitchy
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Sage and justbishop! So exciting!

After some waffling, I completely rewrote my QL, sent it out to one experimental agent, and got a request for the first 100 pages in the same day! I'm thrilled because I've now achieved the official 1:10 request rate and I can stop feeling bad. Well, until the next R comes in anyway ;)

JKRowley

Registered
Reaction score
These responses are so promising. It is making me wish my WIP was in shape enough to send out. It is close, but I want it to be better.

I use Google Chrome as a browser (most of the time), and my computer does whine and pause a bit at AW, but otherwise works fine. Have you tried a different browser (trying not to pimp Chrome....the hubs hates Google domination, but I really like how Chrome operates).

Dorothy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dorothydreyer.wordpress.com
Hi guys! I'm back from vacation. Headed to a wedding today though, so still no down time yet, lol. Hope you're all doing well. Congrats to those with requests and R&Rs and such. So good to hear about all the writing progress.

Okay, off to get ready. Talk to you soon! :)

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
Doooorooothy!!! *tackles*

Sage- thanks for PM. Good luck with your full. I expect to hear shiny news when I return :)

JSSchley

Have Harp Will Travel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jessicaschley.com
:hooray: JB!!!!!! :D Congrats!

Jess- Are you still working on your R+R? (If so, can we commiserate together? :ROFL: I am so over this, and I'm not even close to being done!)

I totally am. I've had this mofo since January, but I've also been trying to extract myself from a bunch of other writing.

R&R ers anon for the win!

"Hello, my name is Jess, and I'm revising to resubmit."
"Hello, Jess."

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
*finishing up aging/darkening that MG into a YA novel. Going to try to submit it to the publisher on Monday. :) We'll see what they say. {crosses fingers}

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
Grats to everyone getting great news. R&Rs are stressful as anything, but can be so worth it. My first contracted piece was, and my last piece I had to revise 4 times until it was in the right order.

Little freaked out right now. I just found out that my first book releases this upcoming Monday, one week before it was supposed to. So now I'm running around trying to get ready.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
I hate when time dates suddenly change - and they're big ones!

E. S. Lark

Editing all the time
Registered
Reaction score
I know! I'm trying to calm myself down. It's just a pre-release, which means it's limited to my publisher's site, but still....

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
Ah, yeah - still kind of big though 'pre-release' being the key words ;)

Hope it all settles in nicely for you though :Hug2:

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
I know! I'm trying to calm myself down. It's just a pre-release, which means it's limited to my publisher's site, but still....

You should be excited, not stressed out! Good luck :D

And thanks for the congrats, guys. I know I should be jumping right on the whole revision thing, but I am just not in the right headspace at the moment. I'm not sure what to do until I can get there.

Smiley0501

Lurker, now activated. :-)
Registered
Reaction score
LOL Justbishop, when i got my R&R I threw up a few times and called my mom crying because I thought I was sick with the stomach flu. Turned out I was just nervous about how much effort/revisions was going to have to go into this thing. Oy... After I reread the e-mail again and threw a dance party.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
LOL Justbishop, when i got my R&R I threw up a few times and called my mom crying because I thought I was sick with the stomach flu. Turned out I was just nervous about how much effort/revisions was going to have to go into this thing. Oy... After I reread the e-mail again and threw a dance party.

LOL! Aw, poor Smiley!

And I'm thinking that it will probably start to happen next week. I have a distraction at the moment that will be out of the picture then, so I'm holding out hope.

parumpdragon

I sometimes hiccup fire
Registered
Reaction score
You should be excited, not stressed out! Good luck :D

There are certain promotional things one must do before a book comes out - and those things take a long time to plan. Some take months in advance, and cannot be changed, such as give aways and such that allow others to review/rate/comment on the author's book.

When the release dates change, it's a scramble to get everything else that was supposed fall into place - in order - and moved up as well. If it can be.

That's why she's stressing. She now probably has to rearrange some things and just deal with others not happening in the time frame she has because the release was shortened/moved up.

*speaking from experience with some publishing things* :)

Stiger05

Registered
Reaction score
Going to Louisville to see Mumford and Sons this weekend!!

:e2bouncey

I'm getting excited and just had to share.

justbishop

Proud Literary Sadist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ashleyheckman.com
There are certain promotional things one must do before a book comes out - and those things take a long time to plan. Some take months in advance, and cannot be changed, such as give aways and such that allow others to review/rate/comment on the author's book.

When the release dates change, it's a scramble to get everything else that was supposed fall into place - in order - and moved up as well. If it can be.

That's why she's stressing. She now probably has to rearrange some things and just deal with others not happening in the time frame she has because the release was shortened/moved up.

*speaking from experience with some publishing things* :)

I assumed there were some things that she was under the gun for. I was just trying to help :/

Status
Not open for further replies.