• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Jean V. Naggar Literary Agency

Erin

Listening to my other selves
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.erinrichards.com
That's the thing. She wants the query letter (which contains all the information you would find in a title page) as part of the attachment, so I'm not sure if the title page is needed.

It's probably something I shouldn't worry about at all, but that hasn't stopped me before.

I'll probably include both just to be on the safe side.

LOL! I still include it even when they ask for copy of query letter. The query letter serves to refresh their memory. I wouldn't worry about it. Either way is fine.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jessica Regel in October of 2010. She requested a partial three days after I sent it and asked for exclusivity for one month. She responded in two weeks with a nicely worded rejection letter. She just didn't feel strongly enough about the project. I liked how kind and prompt she was with her responses.

Laura Droege

Registered
Reaction score
I also queried Elizabeth Evans in August 2010 and received a form rejection within two-three days. She said she wasn't handling fiction (or at least not taking unsolicited fiction queries) right now. It was disconcerting to hear this because I checked her page on the Naggar agency's website before and after the rejection and it said she was handling fiction.

Thedrellum

Grr. Argh.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.patreon.com
Partial request from Jessica Regel for a 72K word YA contemporary fantasy. I can't give an exclusive as I already have a full out. I'll update if that's a problem (and also, of course, on what happens with the partial).

Update: Non-exclusivity wasn't a problem.

Updated Update: It was a rejection (so sayeth I on 8/3/11).

Last edited:

UntouchableGreen

Registered
Reaction score
Queried Jessica on 8/10. Received a partial request on 8/16. She waived exclusivity since it already has 4 partials and 1 full out. Hope to hear good news soon!

Glassfingers_93

Registered
Reaction score
Website
scathingjellyfish.blogspot.com
Another newbie logging stats: queried Jessica Regel on August 29th. Partial requested on September 1st. Full manuscript requested on September 5th. She's super fast!

Update: Annnnnd I talked to her on the phone. I'm not sure if that was an offer of representation or what. She talked about the revisions she wanted, and mentioned one editor she thought might like the manuscript as is, but I'm pretty sure agents say right away if they want to rep you soo... don't quite know what to make of it. Whatever the case, she was really nice and professional. Unlike me, who was really incoherent and gibbery. Gah...

Last edited:

Vivia

Registered
Reaction score
I'm a little confused about the form which you use for querying.

Does 'body of work' mean the query letter or the synopsis or both?

tbrosz

Got the hang of it, here
Registered
Reaction score
Update: Annnnnd I talked to her on the phone. I'm not sure if that was an offer of representation or what. She talked about the revisions she wanted, and mentioned one editor she thought might like the manuscript as is, but I'm pretty sure agents say right away if they want to rep you soo... don't quite know what to make of it. Whatever the case, she was really nice and professional. Unlike me, who was really incoherent and gibbery. Gah...

A reputable agent who asks for revisions and further work on a manuscript is always a positive sign. No agent would spend valuable time on someone she didn't think had definite possibilities.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I have a partial out with Jennifer Weltz. She had it for a three-week exclusive, and when that was up I nudged her and got a very nice reply from her assistant, who said Jennifer has been busy and will read my partial as soon as possible. It was nice to get an update (an update that wasn't a rejection, to boot!).

I'll post again when I hear more. Fingers crossed for good news! :)

MysteryScribe

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kerrimaniscalco.com
Jessica requested a partial today, I couldn't grant an exclusive, but she wrote back saying it wasn't a problem. She is very sweet and would definitely be a dream to work with. Good luck to everyone with material out!

kristi

Registered
Reaction score
I accepted an offer of representation from Jessica Regel two weeks ago. Her time from requesting the partial to the full to an offer of representation was less than a week, so she is really fast. She had no problem waving exclusivity as I already had other fulls out.

I received another offer of representation that week as well, but knew Jessica was the best fit for me after speaking to her on the phone. I also spoke to one of her existing clients who raved about her. She had her suggested edits to me the next morning after I signed with her, and has been lightening fast responding to my emails. She's going to do a Q & A on our blog (after the holidays) for those who are interested in learning more about her.

www.sistersinscribe.com

lisa17

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone who queried Jessica at the beginning of 2012 heard from her ?

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
I queried Jessica two days ago and got a partial request today.

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
Forgot I never updated this: I heard back from Jennifer Weltz's assistant Laura in late December with an R. They "did not connect enough with my manuscript," but they did say to send any future material or a rewrite.

I finished a major revision in late February and sent that on 3/5. Still waiting for a reply, but trying not to get too hopeful. The querying game can be so draining!

A.P.M.

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats A.P.M. :)

Thanks. I had to ask her to waive exclusivity because another agent already has the full, so now my fingers and toes are crossed.

Edit: A rejection. She didn't feel strong enough about it. Oh well.

Last edited:

StellaArgentum

Enjoying the Adventure
Registered
Reaction score
I sent my full the same day that you sent yours, so hopefully I'll hear from Ms. Sinsheimer or her assistant soon.

Good luck J.B.! Despite the R, I had positive interactions with the agency -- I'll try querying them again on future projects.

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Form Q: 4/1
Partial request from Je$$ica Rege1 today.

Can't grant exclusivity as I have another partial out, but it looks like from here and QT that's she's usually cool with that. (edit: she is cool with that.)

Last edited:

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
I see they have a submission form on the site. On the first page, you are asked to enter a summary, bio, and personal info. Could someone who's used the form please tell me if you are asked to submit some of the manuscript on the next page? Or anything else interesting? Thanks!

HoneyBadger

terribly loud, emotionally distant
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I see they have a submission form on the site. On the first page, you are asked to enter a summary, bio, and personal info. Could someone who's used the form please tell me if you are asked to submit some of the manuscript on the next page? Or anything else interesting? Thanks!

Nope. They just want basics and the query via the form.

trocadero

Registered
Reaction score
Website
carolynwoulfe.livejournal.com
Thanks HoneyBadger. I completed an online form this week and one of the questions was: What would your main character say on behalf of the manuscript? Or something similar. It was actually a lot of fun. I'll do anything to get out of writing a real query...

pavtbr

Registered
Reaction score
Sent a query to Jennifer this morning via the web form for my historical fiction. Keeping my fingers crossed. Will post back when I hear a response.
Bryan

Paula

Registered
Reaction score
Who at this agency would be the best person to send ADULT fantasy to? Jessica Regel doesn't handle fantasy (at least not my type) and Ms. Jean Naggar is not accepting. Elizabeth Evans? I read Jennifer Weltz does, but she is highly selective because she already has a big client list.