My Work is Never Done Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldhousejunkie

Registered
Reaction score
Semi-newbie reporting.

I did some self-editing on my historical romance MS before sending it out on request. Now to wait and query other agents. :)

I need to start working more on my Irish historical. I'm 20,000 words in but I keep putting it on the back burner. Grrrr....

elindsen

Zombie lovin'
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.augustkert.blogspot.com
I am waiting for the pdf of my paranormal romance SOUL. Then gotta make sure I'm 100% happy and it will be released. Til then, working on the sequel SOUL DESTROYED to be subbed by Jan 26. I may be ahead of schedule for that.

Also half ways through a romantic suspense AT THE BULLET's TIP. My goal is to sub by March 1st.

Becky Black

Writing my way off the B Ark
Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I finished the last round of content edits on the next release over the weekend and it has now gone to the line editors. I hope there won't be too much to change there. With my first book the line edits stage was like being scrubbed all over with a wire brush. But I learnt loads from it and ended up with a checklist of problem words and phrases, which I used when editing the next one. As a consequence the line edits on book #2 weren't nearly as bad. Hopefully they'll be be even better this time. And this is on a tight schedule so I will see them soo!

Meanwhile I've started on the big picture editing of the next one to submit. One of the things I've decided so far is to eliminate the mother of one of the leads from the story. I feel quite guilty. :D

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
Romantic Suspense:
Finished synopsis & waiting for feedback from an editor friend
Reviewing 75 pg partial before sending both to lit agent

Paranormal Romance Series (self-pubbed)
Trying to meet end of January deadline on 50K novel: currently at 11K.

For Fun:
Anxiously checking fedex site to see if my recently ordered copy of Sandra Canfield's Voices in the Wind will be arriving anytime soon. It's the first romance that I ever read and I just found it on Amazon!!!!! Can't wait! I want to see if it's as good now as it was in the early nineties when I first read it!

Nightmelody

Registered
Reaction score
I had surgery in December and it did scramble my writing brains. I got all my edits except for the galley stage done for my April release at Lyrical so that was the most important. I have a story almost ready for submission but often feel too noodle brained to do the final edit. So as soon as my brain cooperates I'll get that done.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I've been doing high level editing work on current project, the chainsaw work I call it. Now the chapters are set, the draft is all printed out and it's just begging to be covered in red scribbles...

Ann_Mayburn

Smutty McTitters
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annmayburn.com
Have an erotic paranormal romance that I want finished by the end of the month, and a contemp erotic romance that I also want to finish by the end of the month. Thankfully I don't have any edits coming in anytime soon so I'll be able to focus on these two.

If I can get my ADD under control. :p :e2bouncey

brainstorm77

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
I'm have many works in various stages including a paranormal historical geared for a bigger print pub.

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
My line edits for the February release are all done - just the proof readers to go to comb out any last nits we've missed. Meanwhile the next to sub has 5 chapters edited, and the 6th partly done. I think I can have 10 (of 19) done by the end of January, if I knuckle down! I can get very lazy while in the editing phase and get slower and slower. Maybe that's nerves, trying to put off the moment of truth when it has to go out into the big wide world.

Calle Jay

Romance Novelist & Freelance Editor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.callejbrookes.com
-Have a freelance ebook to write for a client by Monday.

-Need 30K more words in the first draft of a paranormal romance. Then I need to have my editor-friend take a look at before revising. Am trying to pub it by Valentine's Day.

-Need to write 2.5 short chapters for the free story on my blog. It's set in the same universe as my paranormal romance and I am getting daily emails asking for more chapters!

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee
I've got two WIPs, and I haven't even reached the 5000 word mark yet. Hopefully, I'll get there soon. Plus all of the homework/schoolwork that I have to do. However, I have to keep writing because these are just the first draft for both of them.

romancewriter

Registered
Reaction score
Where do I start? First of all I'm polishing up an old ms that was originally written for Special Edition. Thinking about submitting it to Carina. Then I have a fantasy romance I started before I got sidetracked with editing my old ms. It's called Legend Has It and it's about a magical princess, and a hunky scarecrow - not a if I only had a brain - kind of scarecrow, it's more of way of life than him actually being a scarecrow. The story follows them on a world saving journey to visit Father Time. Santa Claus may make a cameo appearance before I'm done.

After that I have a few other ideas I'm considering. I have another contemporary romance with a Coyote Ugly type setting that I think will be a lot of fun. Very sexy, very fun, can't wait.

I even have a few kidlit ideas, and another contemporary romance I want to finish. Yeah, that will probably keep me busy for a while.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
I had story idea come to me a week ago and it ended up taking over. I'm 10k in and I'm going strong :)

I have one short(15k) waiting to be edited and subbed.

Busy!

Marumae

Queen of Quixotica
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Last time I reported here, I was working on a bunch of different things, now I've got it narrowed down to two. One is a straight up, Urban Fantasy and the other is a sci-fi romance that will not leave me alone. I'm outlining that one and I got some more done today on it!

Nightmelody

Registered
Reaction score
Holding off on submission of complete SFR to see if current full gets a bite at Entangled. Rough drafting book that follows April release. Brainstorming and plotting books 2&3 in Starlander trilogy.

pareimi

Registered
Reaction score
Website
penelopemerrin.blogspot.com
(Long-time lurker, first-time poster.) I'm working on a new novella, still pretty heavy in edits, getting it all formatted and polished up and still considering making a few major changes.

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
What are you all working on now?

Becky Black

Registered
Reaction score
Website
beckyblack.wordpress.com
I'm doing some final edits on my next submission, working through and making tweaks after comments from my beta - curse her insight, giving me work! :D After that, last polishing and it's ready to go. The synopsis is done.

I've also restarted a draft I put on hold last year at 11k words when I lost inspiration on it. I'm back in the groove with it now, but I'm wavering a bit on POV. It's an erotic romance as usual, but it's the first one I've written in first person and I've found writing the sex in first person is just freakin' weird. I might do a couple of scenes in thrid over the next couple of days and see how that goes. Easy enough to turn them into first later if I decide to. Of course if I decide to stick with third then I have about 18,000 already written words to turn into third person when I come to edit! Eeep. I've changed 10,000 words from third to first before. It wasn't too hard. Just time-consuming.

c.m.n.

Beary cute ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently in the last stages of revising a novella, then it's off to the beta before subbing. I'm looking at either Dreamspinner or TEB for that one.

Then later this week, I'm going to start edits on another novella using the one-pass revision method. This one is written in 3rd POV, and had been an awesome challenge.

Bubastes

bananaed
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.gracewen.com
Yesterday, I finished the first draft of my long short story WIP and thought I could relax for the evening. 2.5 hours later, my editor sent me her notes for my novella WIP. So much for relaxing!

brainstorm77

Registered
Reaction score
Busy bees! :)

I'm rewriting a MM novella today. Did I mention that I HATE rewrites?

Nightmelody

Registered
Reaction score
Finally got an idea for the geek antho call and am plotting in prep for a fast draft in March. Tweaking letter and synopsis on SFR sub(should go out this weekend.) Pre-writing guest blogs and planning blog tour for April release.

Status
Not open for further replies.