Royalty for a Week, and Shameless The Rest of The Time (Volume IV)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Somewhere in my mind... it echoes in here ...
Good morning to you, Duchess Ambrosia. It's a fine one here, so far, though scattered storms are forecast. I think the farmers would like to see it dry out for awhile in this neck of the woods. The corn is starting to turn and before long the cornfield canyons will begin to disappear.

May the day prove productive to all.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, dear Royals.

Amazing breakfast, Princess Ambrosia. I'm not sure what to call it, but that spinach-egg-crepe thingy looked awesome.

It is my last full day as queen (alas). As an interesting sidelight, my husband has enjoyed this as much as I have. He informed his deckhand that he is a king. The deckhand, Josh, who is a good sport (hey, he reads my stories), immediately asked to be knighted. I have no idea what the rest of the fishing fleet thinks of this, but they're having fun with it.

So, onto the decree-of-the-day. Since I will no longer be queen, and am not really a newbie anymore, I need a new avatar. Since the castle residents are so awesome at finding artwork, I think this should be a good one. Also any suggestions for the little caption that goes under it. Currently, my only thought is deposed monarch.

And let's all say a prayer/send happy thoughts/give encouragement to Princess Ambrosia today, as it sounds like she has a not-fun weekend ahead of her. I hate moving even under the best of circumstances.

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It sure grew quiet in here.

Queen Cathleen, As far as the avatar goes, find a pic you identify with, and the same goes with the caption. You can always change it, as some do quite often.

I trust you and the Royals are having a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. I'm off to a family reunion this morning - always a good time.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning, your Majesty.

Good morning, dear Royals.

Prince Brad :)poke:), I hope you have a wonderful time with your family today. :)

brad_b

Knight Errant
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Prince Sir Brad :)poke:), I hope you have a wonderful time with your family today. :)

I shall, tis always nice to see the folks I've known all my life, and we'll have home-made ice cream from an ice cream maker one of my shirttail cousins made using an old single-piston John Deere engine he restored. It's really quite innovative. When we were younger, we used to take turns manually cranking the ice cream maker. It was fun back then working for our ice cream.

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You can deny your kingship and subsequent title of "prince" to everyone else, but I have the records, dear Knight Errant.

And, I'm not afraid to use them. ;)

Duchessmary

Where I want to be
Registered
Reaction score
*GACK* No thank you, Prince Porter.
Happy Sunday, royals. I do wish it wasn't so *&@# hot!! UGH.

Mimi_s_Cafe_pancake_brfast_herostandaloneprod_affiliate138_zps5b44732b.jpg

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good afternoon Royals!

It's been raining since early this morning and doesn't seem like it's going to stop any time soon. My family is having a picnic later on that'll now be forced indoors.

Queen Cathleen, As far as the avatar goes, find a pic you identify with, and the same goes with the caption. You can always change it, as some do quite often.
Very true. I'm a chronic avatar changer. Whatever type of mood I'm in, that's what my avatar becomes. I like ones that make me laugh too.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Good day, royals.

I've been lining up my successor. Is there a certain time the transfer of power is supposed to take place?

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
Nope. You may announce your successor at whatever time strikes your fancy.:)

E.F.B.

Stories, stories everywhere
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.etsy.com
If you strike fancies frequently and time also strikes fancies, does that make you Father Time?

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
Okay, so your new monarch will arrive in about ten minutes. I'm sure he will be a magnificent king, on whose brow sits wisdom, and whose mighty sword makes lesser princes quake.

CathleenT

I write
Registered
Reaction score
What can I offer you as a fitting gift, my liege? Gold? Jewels? A translator fluent in sign language? (Btw, I saw one at a rock concert once that was a blast. I'd never enjoyed Godzilla-Blue Oyster Cult-so much before.)

Ambrosia

Grand Duchess
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Queen Cathleen,

Thank you for your tireless service to the Realm this week. You have been a splendid queen. From this moment forth you shall hold the title Princess. You have been granted a suite of rooms and a decorating budget to decorate your rooms in whatever style you wish. You also are granted a stipend to keep you in the manner to which you have become accustomed while serving as queen. Any gifts given you during your reign are yours to keep, of course.

I hope you will continue to join us here in the castle, as the castle would be a duller place without your brilliance. :)

His Royal Majesty,
King Jorshington!