Supernatural (Warning: Spoilers)

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
Re: Rowena: pretty much.

I was about five minutes ahead of the show on most of the reveals and some of the dialogue. This is not a good thing. If only Ben Edlund were running the show ...

As far as a series ender ... I was raised on Marvel Comics, so my version includes a lot of twists and big reveals and surprise guest stars and cosmic stuff. Yours is simpler and just as satisfying. I vote we go with yours.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm so on board!

While it was better than sucker-worm that makes you insane, it's just falling flat. Maybe they felt like we needed a reminder about Dean's struggle, or his God/Daddy issues.

I don't understand why they're giving all this screen time to Rowena and not Crowley. I actually think she's had more on-air time than he has and it's annoying as f***.

And Cas? I don't even think he's been in half of the episodes.

It's like season 1 again with "finding Dad with his journal," sprinkled into 3/4 of the season, then, a few episodes of interesting stuff that directly address it.

I do look forward to seeing Bobby next week.

The Men of Letters thing. I just don't know. It's fascinating to me. I really liked that element last season, but they seemed to have forgotten the potential there and dropped the ball.

I did kind of like the one-shot ghost story with the women, but it felt disjointed at times.

And something bitter and sweet...

I'm sick of Sam's hair. Can the stylists PLEASE stop giving him a bob? Like a silky, perfectly-coiffed bob that looks like something from an LA salon? Put his hair behind his ears, FFS. It's the "Rachel" from friends...

tumblr_n19ps55pZC1sp4fvjo4_400.jpg

And the sweet...... (REALLY SWEET!) My bestie was at the Austin airport and she saw Jared P. She said hi to him and told him she loved his show. She asked politely for a picture and he said yes. Her words: "He was so tall and sweet and cuddly. He leaned in for the pic and told me 'thank you' for watching the show."

(swoon)

dragonjax

I write stuff and break boards.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
What a boring episode. Flat, recycled, pointless. The Rowena/Crowley subplot is filler, and I've lost sight of the Cas subplot, and the boys are just saying their lines.

Coworker and I have the season-ending ep all worked out: Dean kills Sam because of the Cain and Abel curse. Dean kills himself out of remorse. Cas heads to Hell to save them but finally gets fed up with their codependent angst. Instead, Cas finds Meg, rescues her from Hell, and they finally have that pizza.

For the last 2 mins before the credits, Lucifer returns, ganks Crowley and Rowena. Chuck casts Metatron into Hell and sits back with a glass of single malt, feet on desk, watching a rerun of season 1, episode 1.

Love. This. Love, love, love.

Feeling sad and mad over the lackluster direction of the season. Bringing Bobby back for an ep won't cut it. We need the big guns. We need Poppa Winchester the First. We need Death. We need Lucifer.

I'll put it out there right now: If this season ends with a walk-on by any of those three, a la Chuck at the end of the musical ep, I will say the season was worth it. Go on, showrunners. I dare you. I hell-hound dare you.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
And the sweet...... (REALLY SWEET!) My bestie was at the Austin airport and she saw Jared P. She said hi to him and told him she loved his show. She asked politely for a picture and he said yes. Her words: "He was so tall and sweet and cuddly. He leaned in for the pic and told me 'thank you' for watching the show."

(swoon)

That is SO awesome. :) So nice to hear that he's a nice guy. (My God, I think I'd come up to Jared's navel. Seriously. He wouldn't have to lean in, I'd have to stand on a chair!)

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Pterofan, if the show's crop of lackluster writers could pull off that kind of a plot pretzel in 6 eps, I'd be 1. :Hail: and 2: :hooray:

It's about 6 eps to season end, isn't it?

I have no hope, though.

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
I say the final shot in this season's ender will be a close-up of Sam (and his hair) as he says "Yes" to Lucifer. Bring on the End!verse!

Well, of course. How else are we going to get Lucifer in the last scene of the last ep this season? ;)

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Sam was driving. Sam only drives when something is wrong with Dean.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
It felt weird, with no explanation. It must have been done purposely; I wonder if we'll continue to see smaller shifts like these in the last episodes.

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
I haven't been keeping up with this thread, but I am SO VERY GLAD I'm not the only one who freaking hates the Rowena/Crowley storyline. Reducing the King of Hell (who used to be a fun, interesting character) to a whipped, easily manipulated idiot is a crime. And Rowena needs to die. Like, yesterday.

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed for a Lucifer comeback. At this point, I think it's the only thing that *might* salvage this season. And please, please, please, make Season 11 the final season, tell the writers so, and make them write a coherent ending arc to the show.

*sigh*

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Building that set piece of Hell was just a terrible idea. So run of the mill and now Crowley is stuck there every episode.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
3 mins in. I am announcing my official wish for Dean to gank Rowena before the halfway point.

ETA: So much for that.

ETAA: Mr Lily came home at the 3/4 mark just as Cas slit Metatron's throat and siphoned his grace. When I said to him that this ep didn't really go anywhere, he said, "That bit with the throat-cutting--I've seen it before."

When the guy who dislikes the show and has partially watched maybe 2 dozen eps says you're recycling... you're recycling. :tongue

I was extraordinarily pleased that they didn't rewrite Heaven. I remember the ep where The Boys got ganked and Zechariah was hounding them through and Ash saved them and Ash and Pamela explained how Heaven works. I was worried they'd change that too.

Boo that Bobby appears to be a one-off and the angels apparently threw him into the Hole to be punished.

Question, if anyone caught this: I looked up the ep on IMDB because the psychic looked familiar. The guy who voices Big Bird was listed way high. Was he the psychic? Because in the cast list, his character name was "Big Bird." :Wha:

Last edited:

dragonjax

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jackiekessler.com
Question, if anyone caught this: I looked up the ep on IMDB because the psychic looked familiar. The guy who voices Big Bird was listed way high. Was he the psychic? Because in the cast list, his character name was "Big Bird." :Wha:

That's AWESOME. Really, truly awesome.

The episode wasn't terrible. And there were some great moments/lines:

• Dean hustling pool. Yes, please!
  • "Squirrel." "Boris. Where's Natasha?"
  • The psychic calling Sam a hippie.
  • "The Bobbies" - heh heh heh
  • The Lucifer mention.
That last item in particular gives me hope that Mark Pellegrino will reappear before season 10 closes. Fingers crossed...

Pterofan

Trust me, I'm a writer
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.pterosnest.blogspot.com
It's like I said: weeks of filler, then they start to cram in plot the closer they get to the end. Like name-dropping Lucifer. Heh heh.

Y'know, if they need a witch's blood to open the cage, that would solve two problems.

And Cas won't let Sam drive either.