Glee

Kitty Pryde

i luv you giant bear statue
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have to say, the little snippets of glee club performing "Somebody to Love" by Queen are driving me crazy (in a good way). I can't WAIT for them to do the whole song. I love it and it's absolutely perfect for them...hopefully they do it before the season finale :D

PS Awesome original version here if you don't know it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxbFLYa0_bw

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
Here's the whole song. I thought they were doing it next week? I actually have no idea where I heard that. But Somebody to Love is one of my favorite songs, and I haven't been all that impressed (although the songs are still fun) since they did Journey in the premiere. So this is a good sign.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Anything with Queen and "Somebody to Love" is going to rock anyway.

And I know they're going to do the Beatles sooner or later. Beatlemania is all the rage now.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
"Hey! How's that homelessness working out for you?"

Wavy_Blue

Adventure is out there!
Registered
Reaction score
I really loved last night's episode. Kirstin Chenoweth was great. Her duet with Rachel in "Maybe This Time" was absolutely fabulous. And the ending number was tons of fun. I could have done without some of Rachel's pop vocals, but it was still very enjoyable.

I also thought the scenes between Finn and Rachel were super cute.

I really want Sutton Foster to guest star now. And for them to drop the fake baby story line. Then life would be wonderful.

charlotte49ers

let it snow
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, the fake baby has got to go. I wonder why they thought that was a good idea to begin with?

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
So I figured out what's been bothering me about the series. It's that the adults in Glee are completely ridiculous. By comparison, the teens' situations are sane. But it really hit it home for me with the acceptance of the proposal. Just... why?

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
So I figured out what's been bothering me about the series. It's that the adults in Glee are completely ridiculous. By comparison, the teens' situations are sane. But it really hit it home for me with the acceptance of the proposal. Just... why?

You're right. I feel like a cliched proposal is something a series does down the line, not in its ... what, sixth episode? I read a review somewhere that described the show as "needy." Hit the nail on the head.

Jake G

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that through six episodes Rachael has quit and returned to the club four times?

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This show is awful in so many ways, and yet...I love it! :D Just watched 'em all in one go on Hulu (well, all that were available) and had a great time. I have to say I hatehatehate the fake baby subplot, but I'm not bothered by Quinn's "real" pregnancy one in the slightest. It's teenaged angsty drama all right, but the actors playing Finn, Quinn (ha!) and Puck are making it work. I'm a little more lukewarm about Rachel, but that might just be the way they're writing her. I hate Will's wife, and there ain't much to recommend him and his little crush, Emma, either. Glad to see she took a chance (however lame it was) to cut off that relationship, even if Terri is a raging nut bar.

I also took a look at the clips they had for the next ep, and I am not ashamed (much) to admit that it brought a couple of tears to my eyes.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that through six episodes Rachael has quit and returned to the club four times?
I actually expected this to be a running gag (that someone, usually Rachel, would quit and return every week), but I don't think anyone quit this week.

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
I just watched last night's episode and if they don't find a way to get rid of the fake baby story, I don't know how much longer I can hang on. It's so completely stupid and the fact that they were able to rope the ob/gyn in by blackmailing him with nothing at all just about did it for me.

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
Yeah, I'm not feeling the fake baby plot. Too daytime tv-ish for me. And too dependent on Will being a moron for it to work. In fact, the only adult characters I enjoy watching are the principal and Sue. And Emma, to a (much) lesser extent.

The kids are all great, though.

katiemac

Five by Five
Registered
Reaction score
It's exceptionally painful because the dialogue can be witty and clever but the actual story that's happening on this show is ... not good. Very messy.

Sage

Supreme Guessinator
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
I kinda wish they would let the kids have more time instead of focusing on the adults so much, too. We had a few kid-centric eps (Kurt's ep is still my favorite), but a lot has been about Will and co. with the kids as background.

I still think Quinn is going to end up being the most developed character on here. I loved her this episode (although I didn't get why they chose that song in the middle of the ep for her, but that could be my own failings. I just didn't know who she was directing it at).

caromora

Still alive. Kind of.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
inkstaind-stars.livejournal.com
I still think Quinn is going to end up being the most developed character on here. I loved her this episode (although I didn't get why they chose that song in the middle of the ep for her, but that could be my own failings. I just didn't know who she was directing it at).

Quinn is my favorite of the teen characters. (Now that I think about it, all of my favorite characters are the baddish ones--Sue, Quinn, Puck.)

Re: the song in the middle. I think it was directed at more than one person/situation, which is why it was a bit muddled. I took the "get out of my life, why don't you babe," parts as literally talking about the baby, with the other parts directed at Fin. So, yeah. Maybe not the best choice of songs, but it did suit her voice.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This week's episode was my favorite I think. More screen time for Jane Lynch (Sue)=WIN. She was especially hilarious last night.

Also, yay Jill Scott song! "Hate on Me" was awesome.

I don't really like Quinn. To me it feels like they're trying too hard to make her sympathetic, when she's pretty much a straight up bitch. I dunno. I thought her song was directed at Sue. LOL! But yeah, I think the song just had a general GTFO, everybody, sort of a implication to it.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I liked this week's episode better than the last several. Lots of Jane Lynch makes me happy, and she was at the top of her game in that episode.

I also like Quinn very much. Almost as much as I like Kurt.

I ignore the fake baby story because it's so stupid it might make me want to stop watching.

Kitty Pryde

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OK, in all seriousness, I feel like there's some essential piece of human nature I'm not understanding here. Can someone explain why Quinn is likeable? Seriously--she refuses to sleep with her boyfriend b/c of faintly held religious beliefs, which is okay, but she has no problem both cheating on him and sleeping with another guy. Nor does she have any problem lying to her extremely kind and loyal boyfriend and telling him he's the father even though they never had sex. It makes for good drama, and I'm sure everyone's secret will come out about five minutes before the state championship in a big old hot mess, but she's straight evil! The only remorse she feels is when she realizes having a baby will inconvenience her. So seriously guys, explain her to me.