Person of Interest.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Mom Can Beat Up Your Mom

Sameen Shaw has a pair of new persons of interest.
It was another home birth — times two! — for Sarah Shahi. The actress, who plays former government assassin Sameen Shaw on the CBS drama Person of Interest, welcomed twins, daughter Violet Moon and son Knox Blue, on Sunday, March 1, at home in Los Angeles, a rep for Shahi tells PEOPLE exclusively.

Shahi, 35, and her husband Steve Howey, 37, who stars on the Showtime series Shameless, are also parents to 5½-year-old son William Wolf.
Congratulations, Sarah. Now enjoy your down time and then get back to kicking butt and kneecapping bad guys on PoI. :hi:

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I enjoyed that episode immensely. I loved the Lady and the Tiger aspect. >>> And I find it very human that Root has become protective of Harold after losing Shaw (temporarily, one hopes). <<<

But I have to admit I have no idea who Katheryn Winnick is...sorry!

ElaineA

All about that action, boss.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
But I have to admit I have no idea who Katheryn Winnick is...sorry!

Yes, I should have clarified...she plays Lagertha on Vikings. She's the absolute star of that show (IMO), so it's fascinating to me she'd come on POI as a one-off character. I suppose it'd be even more interesting if she's recurring...maybe Vikings has a built-in expiration date. :(

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Finally caught up with the last episode. Liked it as our heroes got a chance at a little amour, but what went down between Finch and Root and his drastic "solution" to their mutual problem was unbelievable.

No spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it is impossible for me to see how what happened to Harold would leave him in such a state that he could show up for his date hours later as if nothing happened.

I'm getting bored with all the Samaritan set-up and dangling plot threads (hello, Dominic and Elias). Get on with it already.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
So...this week's Person of Interest...

Didn't see that coming.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I found that episode very interesting. OK, I cried. I don't know if that counts as I enjoyed it, but it certainly counts as I liked it.

Sam Argent

Rygel XVI
Registered
Reaction score
If my response to the last episode was a gif, it would be of Boromir getting shot by arrows. It just kept hurting me.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I found that episode very interesting. OK, I cried. I don't know if that counts as I enjoyed it, but it certainly counts as I liked it.

I know, right?

DANG!

Anyone else heard The Way We Were playing in the background?

Actually, in honor of the passing of Mr. Percy Slege, I heard, When A Man Loves A Woman playing in the background.

My wife didn't cry, but when it was over she kept saying, "That was good. That was really good."

I'd glad to see an episode where we finally return to learning what happened in John's past to make him the deeply damaged man he is now (besides being shot so many times he can't possibly have any major organs left). What, with all the goings on with numbers, Elias vs. Dominic, and Samaritan, there hasn't been any time left over for character development.

When Taraji P. Henson left the show, it turned out to be a win-win for all concerned. It gave Reese another reason to be tough and cynical and it gave Henson an opportunity to go from a supporting character on Person of Interest to a star on Empire.

Joss Carter wouldn't much like Cookie Lyon, but fresh off of hosting Saturday Night Live, her career is definitely on the upswing and Person of Interest helped give it a boost. It was great to see her revisit the role and give Reese a much-needed reality check. Obviously Henson and the show's producers parted on good terms and left the door open for her to return one more time. We dug it.

There's only two episodes left this season, so we've had our "quiet" story now. I expect things to get loud after this reflective story, so use your mutant healing powers, Mr. Reese.

Last edited:

Brandon M Johnson

hard at work
Registered
Reaction score
Long-ish post coming up.

Man, that last episode is part of why I love this show and its longer seasons; it can stop the overreaching plot dead and focus in on Reese's psyche. I'm a big fan of this season's Reese resurgence and the character in general, particularly his assurance that the only retirement for him is death.

As much as I would hate to see it happen, a part of me wants this to be how he dies -- not fighting Samaritan or heroically sacrificing himself, but getting shot in the back while trying to save another irrelevant number.

Best line of the episode: Carter's, "You never did, John."

Going back a few episodes:

Finally caught up with the last episode. Liked it as our heroes got a chance at a little amour, but what went down between Finch and Root and his drastic "solution" to their mutual problem was unbelievable.

No spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it, but it is impossible for me to see how what happened to Harold would leave him in such a state that he could show up for his date hours later as if nothing happened.

I had the same problem with the Finch\Root scenes. I like them and their relationship so much, but I wish they could have made that more logical. I had some similar problems with the otherwise enjoyable "Search and Destroy", which had a great number-of-the-week, by the way.

The show has slumped slightly after "MIA" (the small town controlled by Samaritan episode after the Control episode.) However, I've actually really liked how things have been a bit of a throwback to Season 1.

Quick thoughts on the other episodes this season:

"Guilty" - Felt like Blair Brown was underused, but Finch on a jury was a good setup and it had Zoe.

"Q&A" - Don't much remember the number-of-the-week, but liked Claire's return.

"Blunt" - Okay, this was actually a ton of fun. Reese zip-lining in to save the number's stoner boyfriend was great, and we got a Dominic\Reese diner sit-down. Not a fan of Harper, but I think that's kind of the point of her character and her return appearance made sense.

"Karma" - Least favorite of the back half. Just too slow and boring, or maybe I was tired that night?

"Skip" - See above for logical problems, but otherwise fun and the bounty hunter was my favorite number in some time. Great chemistry with Reese.

And in case you were wondering (minor plot spoilers for next episode):

It looks like the penultimate episode has got Elias vs. Dominic going on, per IMDB, so that's going to be great.

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
...I'm a big fan of his assurance that the only retirement for him is death.

...A part of me wants this to be how he dies -- not fighting Samaritan or heroically sacrificing himself, but getting shot in the back while trying to save another irrelevant number..

The hopeless romantic part of me wants to see Harold reunited with Grace, and John driving off into the sunset with his lady (maybe Zoe?)

However, I truly think John will "retire" while in the line of duty - Probably by taking a bullet in the heart that was meant for Harold. :cry:

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
WOW! I'm very surprised that wasn't the season finale. I honestly don't know how they're going to top it. I felt so sorry for Dominic with his wobbly face, but then I've always wanted to model a tortured romance hero after the man. (I do lurrrrve a bad guy with brains and heart. Elias ain't bad either.) I'm frankly kind of uninterested in the whole computer war (including Root-the-one-trick-pony and Harold the Bland). Too impersonal when they have so many interesting human stories I'd rather follow. HELLO, Control!

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
The writers do give good villain, don't they?

All the main villains are compelling, smart and, my favorite, redeemable. Not in the sense of Atoning For Their Sins but in the sense of being not entirely evil to begin with, so they might as well help Team Machine and do some good. (I'm talking about the people, of course, not the systems they work for.) I've always loved that about the show.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
WOW! I'm very surprised that wasn't the season finale. I honestly don't know how they're going to top it. I felt so sorry for Dominic with his wobbly face, but then I've always wanted to model a tortured romance hero after the man. (I do lurrrrve a bad guy with brains and heart. Elias ain't bad either.) I'm frankly kind of uninterested in the whole computer war (including Root-the-one-trick-pony and Harold the Bland). Too impersonal when they have so many interesting human stories I'd rather follow. HELLO, Control!

Yes, and I am SO tired of Evil Samaritan vs. Good Machine. BOR-ING. Notice they seemed to have dumped that kid who represented the human manifestation of Samaritan? Please STAY lost.

And as for the big "reveal," who couldn't see that one coming from a mile away?

I give the episode a "B." Maybe a B-minus the more I think about it. Let's hope they stick the landing.

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
I'm frankly kind of uninterested in the whole computer war (including Root-the-one-trick-pony and Harold the Bland). Too impersonal when they have so many interesting human stories I'd rather follow. HELLO, Control!
While I am totally uninterested in the computer war between Samaritan and the Machine, I have to say that Harold is one of my favorite characters. He is the driving force behind what the good guys do, and I enjoy when they show his backstory, or he goes out, gimpy leg, bad back and all, to help save someone. To me, it takes a lot of heart to pitch in physically when you're not one of the super-trained killing machines with lightning reflexes or a super-computer communicating directly to your brain. I see Harold as the flip side of the Elias/Dominic coin.

OTOH, it's great that people get different things from the show and like different aspects. I feel that's one of the hallmarks of three-dimensional writing.

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
I don't dislike Harold at all. I loved learning his backstory. I just think a lot of the other characters have gotten much more interesting, while his dimensions have been flattened as he's focused on the computer war.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, my feels.

Welcome to the Machine

Rarely hear about Floyd giving rights for its songs, but this was perfect. Just perfect.

Aghhh. So many highs and lows.

Spoilers <<<< I really started to dig Control. I need her to come back! Somehow!

And Elias. Noooooo. I didn't see him actually dead, though. Maybe? (sniffs)

And who knows if we'll see Shaw again. One can hope.

I imagine next season will be time to rebuild the machine. I wonder if there will be just as many hiccups as Harold had the first go.
>>>>>

Link of prior Machine progress

DreamWeaver

Shakespearean Fool
Registered
Reaction score
Well, that was certainly a Game of Thrones moment...

ElaineA

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.reneedominick.com
When you wrote that, DreamWeaver, I was a week behind. Finally caught up last night. Whoa. I want to say...stuff, but with the new AW layout, I notice the "spoiler white-out" shows up. Gotta figure out which color to use, now.

Duncan J Macdonald

Plotting! Not Plodding!
Registered
Reaction score
Spoiler Color

Lavender Blush Honeydew Azure Alice Blue Lavender Light Grey

I'd suggest using "Alice Blue" as shown above for Spoilers. To my eyes, it is the hardest to read against the default background.

Last edited: