Avengers: Age of Ultron

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
Phase 3 movies were announced and Black Widow wasn't among them.

Which is too damn bad, because I think she's movie-worthy. I'd also expect a different actress, which is also too bad, because Scarlett Johanssen has done so well with the part.

If you got that info from IMDb, that site isn't 100% accurate.

Speaking for myself, it's a movie and actor database, and not much else.

HeavilyMedicated

Registered
Reaction score
Which is too damn bad, because I think she's movie-worthy. I'd also expect a different actress, which is also too bad, because Scarlett Johanssen has done so well with the part.

I didn't think so until The Winter Soldier, when they gave her more of a personality.

I'm not the biggest fan of her in the comics (don't hurt me) but I really like the series Marjorie Liu did.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
the character played by Andy Serkis sporting a gun is rumored to be Ulysses Klaw, the Panther's arch-enemy.

This flew over my head until I saw Klaw mentioned again today -- Serkis is *actually* in this movie. He's not in a motion capture suit, and I'm ridiculously happy about this. The only times I think we've seen him on screen before are in LoTR pt.3 and King Kong.

I want to see how well he does without the CGI.

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This flew over my head until I saw Klaw mentioned again today -- Serkis is *actually* in this movie. He's not in a motion capture suit, and I'm ridiculously happy about this. The only times I think we've seen him on screen before are in LoTR pt.3 and King Kong.

I want to see how well he does without the CGI.

He's Tesla's assistant in The Prestige too.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I can neither confirm nor deny whether or not I peed a little when I watched this.

AshleyEpidemic

Did you see my bag?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.soipondered.wordpress.com
I got the email from my local Alamo Drafthouse. I saw it a half hour later and the thursday 7pm show on 4/30 was already 2/3rds sold out. I got my tickets. I'm so excited.

Add on the new trailer and I'm over the moon. It isn't my favorite trailer of the bunch, but I enjoyed the new footage. I'm curious about this Natasha/Bruce relationship. The ending with Vision was a bit odd, but nice I suppose.

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
*yawn*

After all the talk about a "new" Spider-Man, and the show runners saying that there was basically no chance that he'd be the same Caucasian character, The Capt. America: Civil War line-up lists a 14 year old Peter Parker.

Beyond the disappointment, it makes no sense. Peter's about the same age as the other heroes, so there's no reason to age him down - especially when Miles Morales is already that age.

I guess Uncle Ben's due to bite it again. By now, his cause of death could be changed to his choking on that speech about responsibility.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Yet ANOTHER new trailer if you need that kind of thing.

HULK NO NEED ANY MORE TRAILERS! HULK NEED TICKET! HULK SMASH PUNY APRIL!!!!

Cyia

Rewriting My Destiny
Registered
Reaction score
It may not be anything, but having watched the newest episode of SHIELD, the upgrades they've given Black Widow's uniform look very similar to the ones used for Deathlok's weapons-systems.

Max Vaehling

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.dreadfulgate.de
Did it launch early in Europe again? What's this talk of May 1st? I avoided looking at this thread all week...

One thing about the above-mentioned non-existing Black Widow movie. I've been dubious about this for a while now. While I love both the character and Johansson's protrayal of her, I'm not so sure the Marvel house style of making big action tentpole movies will do her justice. I'd like to see something smaller where her skills at infiltrating, manipulating and, yes,martial arts get to shine. You know, spy stuff. Some blog recently suggested a TV show or miniseries rather than a movie. I'm on board with that.

What do you folks think?

Diana Hignutt

Very Tired
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Did it launch early in Europe again? What's this talk of May 1st? I avoided looking at this thread all week...

One thing about the above-mentioned non-existing Black Widow movie. I've been dubious about this for a while now. While I love both the character and Johansson's protrayal of her, I'm not so sure the Marvel house style of making big action tentpole movies will do her justice. I'd like to see something smaller where her skills at infiltrating, manipulating and, yes,martial arts get to shine. You know, spy stuff. Some blog recently suggested a TV show or miniseries rather than a movie. I'm on board with that.

What do you folks think?

A netflicks series perhaps.

also, here's the awesome promo piece Stan Lee Cameo School directed by Kevin Smith:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8m-NxpUIP0

Ravioli

Crazy Cat Lady
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annagiladi.wixsite.com
Seen it a few days ago in 3D. Too bad I couldn't afford the 4DX. Anyway, as my first Avengers/Iron Man film, I liked it. Except the usual...

.that degree of destruction (flying city) would be depicted a bit more tragically hadn't it been Eastern Europe, but america... The latter would never be torn apart in this kind of film with so little emotional involvement in its depiction.

.of course, Europe is degraded to needing america's saving, its own resident mutants reduced to either bad guys, or expendable sidekicks that can be undramatically shot and dismissed? Thanks a lot!

.too much preachy talk. Hated the "That other robot is about destruction, I'm into life" bit, and all the other pseudo-philosophy that tried to make this pure action film deeper than it could possibly hope to be. I like intelligent movies with a message and some depth, but a bunch of comic book heroes blowing up stuff while blurting cool lines at each other, aren't the right gang for that. It's a lovely movie when you wanna be mindlessly entertained, which I did that night, but please... if you can't say anything intelligent intelligently, shut up.