What are you reading?

Nightingale

Registered
Reaction score
Jorshington:
Nightingale: While I thought Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children was the better and creepier book, Hollow City was terrific as well. Very action-packed. Can't wait for the third novel and I have the feeling Ransom Riggs is gonna be a writing legend soon.

I must admit, I enjoyed the first one more, but I like the second one just fine. I'm more into creepy than action but I love his writing style!

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading On Basilisk Station by David Weber. I am doing so because my science fiction background has been with classic young adult and this novel, although several years old, it is helping me modernize my writing.

BloodSpatterAnalyst

"AA" stands for Authors Anonymous
Registered
Reaction score
I know it's a little late but I'm about 100 or so pages away from finishing Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It's a lot better than I was expecting :)

Chris P

Likes metaphors mixed, not stirred
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The Story of Britain, from Romans to the Present by Rebecca Fraser.

It's a weighty one, and with the other things I'm lightly into I'll be reading this one for a while.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
I'm re-reading Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. Enjoying it just as much (maybe more) the second time around.

Gnome

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading Acacia by David Anthony Durham.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Roadside Picnic by the Strugatsky brothers, because I watched the movie Stalker.

Conclusion: I am never ever reading any Russian fiction ever again. Everything is simply a reworking of The Cherry Orchard. Death, doom, suicide, murder, drinking... oh, something cheerful might happen? ...Nope. :Headbang:

Dark Princess

Registered
Reaction score
Just finished To Kill a Mockingbird. Brilliant.

Now going to read It's Kind of a Funny Story - Ned Vizzini.

I really love Ned Vizzini. I suggest reading Teen Angst? Naaah.... next if you enjoy that one.

I'm reading Far from the Tree by Andrew Solomon and it's really interesting. Next up is The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr. I've been on a non-fiction kick recently and I really need to get back in the habit of reading more novels.

Latina Bunny

Lover of Contemporary/Fantasy Romance (she/her)
Registered
Reaction score
I've been reading the School of Good and Evil series (two books so far), and some books by E.D. Baker. I also bought some random AVON romances from a book sale.

My fave romance books ever so far are the historical romance ones written by Beverly Jenkins. I like reading about POC characters, especially in such a historical setting. Interesting to see the contrast in how the (mostly) white characters lived vs how the POC characters lived in those olden times. :)

Last edited:

Taylor Harbin

Power to the pen!
Registered
Reaction score
Just finished "The Winter of Our Discontent."

Now I'm reading "The Hunt for Red October."

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
KILLER SHOW by John Barylick, about the 2003 Rhode Island nightclub fire.