Your historical WIP time & place

valeenc

Still Defiant!
Registered
Reaction score
WIP#1 - 1930's to the present day - US South

WIP#2 - 1930's Birmingham, Alabama

Outlined but not started - US Gilded Age - 1890's, various locales as it's a series

I'm beginning research via oral histories of pre-Civil Rights era NC up to and including the assassination of MLK, Jr.

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Kind of hurts to see my childhood years classified as historical :) Where has time gone? Puma

doeraymee

Registered
Reaction score
Kind of hurts to see my childhood years classified as historical :) Where has time gone? Puma

Sorry Puma, did you mean me??
Hey I know how you feel. I am a bit younger but whenever I see clothing from the 1970s classified as "vintage" I wanna choke LOL
Mind you, "vintage" has good connotations too. I'm vintage -- a fine vintage, like in wine, I'd say...

Puma

Retired and loving it!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi doeraymee - Yep, your post was the one that finally made me realize there are quite a few historicals being written about periods I lived through. I think I pretty much consider historical as something before my time - maybe we all do. BTW - you didn't hurt my feelings. Just means I ought to be getting paid more as an historical antique :) Puma

Franz

Registered
Reaction score
1958 North Atlantic Barrier. The navy had four planes in the air, and four radar picket ships, converted destroyers, on station for over two years 24/7 between Newfoundland and the Azores. In Feb one of the planes vanished without a trace, my uncle was the radioman on that flight. WIP still researching the incident.

Last edited:

Gabriele

Registered
Reaction score
Website
lostfort.blogspot.com
Mostly Roman Empire.

A Land Unconquered - Varus Battle and Germanicus campaigns, 9-16 AD
Caledonia Defiant - Troubles between the Caledonian tribes and the Romans, 119-122 AD (when Hadrian ordered the Wall to be built)
The Charioteer - Dalriatan tribal leader is enslaved, makes a career as chairoteer in Rome and returns to claim the leadership of his tribe a rival has taken, 407-412 AD
Endangered Frontiers - The Visigoths siege of Rome and founding of the Kingdom of Tolosa, 408-416 AD
Eagle of the Sea - Historical Fantasy, Agricola's campaigns in Britain and battle of Mons Graupius, around 84 AD

Other Projects:
Never to Return (in planning) - Charlemagne's Saxon Wars, about 780 AD
Kings and Rebels (rewrite) - Historical Fantasy, setting 12th century Scotland, England, France, Germany and Norway

Last edited:

Claudia Gray

Registered
Reaction score
Although I am not currently in the writing stage with it -- just at the "research and outlining" phase -- I hope to write a book set in the early Roman Empire.

Vandal

In the Center of things
Registered
Reaction score
WIP: Colonial New England (1676 to 1766), then fast forward to present day

MissAimee

A wannabe writer who lives in a land of confusion
Registered
Reaction score
I haven't even started anything yet except a little research. But my time is 1880's Arizona

Last edited:

CoriSCapnSkip

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
So far mine are all 19th Century America. The one I've finally settled on a lot of it takes place in Chicago prior and up to the Great Fire.