Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
Well, lets see!

Korra likes Mako!
Mako's brother likes Korra
Mako likes Asami

So, I guess all we need Asami to do is to fall for Korra and we'll have a LOVE CUBE!

Katrina S. Forest

Registered
Reaction score
Website
katrinasforest.com
Done tastefully, I have no problem with it. But I was a Zutarian, so... :yessmiley

He-he, I am too. ^_^ My thoughts were along the line of, "No, I don't forgive you for setting Zuko up with Mei. No, making Korra get together with this Team Avatar's firebender does not change that. You remain unforgiven." :)

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Well, lets see!

Korra likes Mako!
Mako's brother likes Korra
Mako likes Asami

So, I guess all we need Asami to do is to fall for Korra and we'll have a LOVE CUBE!

Fuck yes. Or, hell, who says they all can't just get along, threesome style? :evil

Okay, it's a kid's show, but let's remember rule 34.

Cai

fish biscuit
Registered
Reaction score
I also want to know who besides Katara is still alive. (She's careful to say most, not all, of her friends are gone.) I'm placing my bets on Suki.

There is a "Welcome to Republic City" game on Nick's website in which they revealed (Spoiler!) that Zuko left his throne to his daughter and is currently rumored to wander around the world.

AlexPiper

Wayward Wordsmith
Registered
Reaction score
Seattle, WA -- land of rain, home of the spice caf
Website
www.fabulaurbanus.com
The Equalists keep seeming like...not that bad. Frankly, if I were a non-bender, I'd want to learn chi-blocking just in case I needed to use it. I mean, Aman is clearly a megalomaniac, but the scariest kinds of bad guys are the ones who have a really good point.

I've thought this since the first episode, honestly; look back at the older series, and it's startling how reliant people were on Benders. Waterbender healers... heck, the monorail/subway thing in Ba Sing Se required Earthbenders to move it. Now, however, there's technology — the Satomobiles, electricity (albeit apparently much of it generated by lightning-benders), and so on — and the balance of power somewhat equalizes, and yet the Benders are still in charge of everything.

Amon's dangerous, and he doesn't seem concerned who he burns on his way to his goal... but that goal may not be entirely wrong.

Here also; Amon's logic for sparing Korra was refreshingly... well, logical.

Last edited:

Kerosene

Your Pixie Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Sorry for jumping in.

I'm watching this on sat morning on TV. So I watch the previews after the episode.

Was it me, or did the writers make a horrible mistake to NOT take Korra's powers away?

It would have reset the avatar training, forced her to find new ways and even have her learn non-bending ways of fighting.

Just saying: The norm frame rate is pissing me off, but the high class battles make up for it.

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score
Just want to throw another voice in to say, like its predecessor, this series kicks so much ass it's scary.

I was a little leery when I learned they were basically going to "wipe" the last one by setting it after almost all of the main characters had died. I think that leeriness passed within 5-10 minutes of the first episode starting.

It's got enough subtle tributes to make fans of the original series smile and after the 4th episode, I think Korra's finally won me over completely as a character.

Though, one thing I'll say, while I do like Tenzin... he's no Uncle Iroh. I miss him so much. Best character ever.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I like Tenzin...but god, I miss Iroh. I miss Mako too - his voice actor. The world is diminished by his loss.

JeffRen

Registered
Reaction score
What are your favorite episodes from The Last Airbender?

I like the one with the enormous drill.

And of course, "Tales from Ba-Sing-Se" I get tears in my eyes every time I watch Uncle Iroh sing "Leaves From the Vine" to his deceased son's memorial. I'm a grown man.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
I like Tenzin...but god, I miss Iroh. I miss Mako too - his voice actor. The world is diminished by his loss.

I thought it was classy of them to name a LoK character after him.

So...

Katrina S. Forest said:
I also want to know who besides Katara is still alive. (She's careful to say most, not all, of her friends are gone.)

Cai said:
There is a "Welcome to Republic City" game on Nick's website in which they revealed (Spoiler!)that Zuko left his throne to his daughter and is currently rumored to wander around the world.

Therefore: It could STILL HAPPEN. Just so you know. Brace yourselves. Lol.

Zoombie said:
Who else thinks Sokka gave Ford Motors...er...I mean Future Industries their first payment? It's just the kind of crazy plan that Sokka would go for!

That would be awesome. And that is the kind of thing he would do, what with his love of inventing.

I just caught up on the show. I love it. I totally dig Korra. She's strong, she's human. She's going to be a lot of fun, and I see a lot of potential for development.

I was all set to embrace the rumored Korra/Mako thing to soothe my Zutaran pride, but I have to admit I'm really sort of liking Bolin. He's really funny--and totally not the jerk his brother is. Are we really having an Asami/Mako relationship? Or is she a pawn/distraction of some kind?

I'm also liking how the characters are having to struggle. Bending isn't the cure-all it was a hundred years ago. They don't win their fights quite as easily. I also appreciated that Korra got into trouble her first day in town. The old show as like the Wild West, and the Gaang did pretty much whatever they pleased, whevever, whenever--but Korra has to obey laws and answer to the police. She's very Celebrity, rather than Last Hope. I think that's an interesting take.

I just watched Voices. Did Amon have Firebender eyes?

Sheryl Nantus

Holding out for a Superhero...
Registered
Reaction score
Brownsville, Pennsylvania. Or New Babbage, Second
Website
www.sherylnantus.com

And of course, "Tales from Ba-Sing-Se" I get tears in my eyes every time I watch Uncle Iroh sing "Leaves From the Vine" to his deceased son's memorial. I'm a grown man.

*sniffles* me too...

I think they've done a great job in keeping in line with the original.

Anyone else notice the funky jazz clanging music that's Korra's theme? As soon as she starts getting into trouble there's the coolest tune... totally matches.

And the interactive area on Nick is faboo. Magnificent.

:)

Mharvey

Liker Of Happy Things
Registered
Reaction score

Tales from Ba-Sing-Se was great.

My favorite probably has to be whatever the episode Book 3, Chapter 14 was for this exchange alone.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
All I have to say about the latest episode: Poor Bolin. :(

I'm really enjoying his character the most. Bryke making the buff, tough, earthbending little brother all squishy and sensitive fills me with so much joy.

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to call it.

Korra ends up with Bolin. He's actually really great boyfriend material: He's funny and charming and buff...but still slightly squishy, ya know?

Frankly, I'm a bit sick of the brooding guys getting the girls all the time.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
You know, I've been calling KorraxMako endgame since before the show started, but I after the last episode I really hope you're right, Zoombie.

Just once I'd like to see the heroine have a healthy relationship with a non-douche.

MsJudy

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, BoLin is definitely my fave. Or maybe I just like his little red panda/fire ferret thingy...

It is kind of odd, though. I mean, technically, this is a kids' show, right? It's a cartoon, playing on Saturday mornings on Nick...

That was an awful lot of kissing and dating, if you ask me. My 13yo was groaning and rolling his eyes through the whole episode.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
When I was 13, that was one of the primary reasons I watched the show. That, and well, the M/T-rated fanfics on FF.net. I used to have a dirty mind.

KateSmash

this was a triumph
Registered
Reaction score
It is kind of odd, though. I mean, technically, this is a kids' show, right? It's a cartoon, playing on Saturday mornings on Nick...

Compared to the shows Nick had for Saturday mornings when I was a kid (Ren & Stimpy in particular), LoK is pretty tame. Plus I'm thinking it's targeted more toward the 10-14 set than the little kids. Make me 15 years younger, I'd probably love the show even more. (*cough*Especially the kissing and dating and looooove*cough*)

Zoombie

Dragon of the Multiverse
Registered
Reaction score
I'm just impressed. Korra took three episodes to make a move on Mako.

HEY AANG.

YEAH, AANG.

HOW LONG DID IT TAKE YOU?

OH YEAH.

THREE GODDAMN SEASONS.

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Aang did, however, almost immediately fall for Katara. Is that an Avatar thing, you think? Maybe something about being reincarnated over and over and being in love so many times that makes Avatars so preoccupied with it?

KateSmash said:
All I have to say about the latest episode: Poor Bolin. :(

Second. And it was hard because you saw that one coming.

I have to say though: Most comfortable date EVER.

thebloodfiend

Cory
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.thebooklantern.com
Watched the last ep this morning. Seems like every single episode is written by Bryke. They've stepped up their game. Kind of miss Aaron Ehasz and his wife, though.

I wonder why they're being so quick with the romance this time around. I say they handle it in a more harem anime way. Korra's a lot less annoying than Aang for me, more like Katara and Toph combined.

And I'm kind of interested in when they're going to break out Korra's avatar state.