Status
Not open for further replies.

CAMueller

Part-time ninja
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vampirebookclub.net
And I'm not fixing up anyone's house except my own. Unless... is there food? Hanging out?

I'll cook and provide drinks. :D

Dagnabit. I just finished a scene and now I realise that absolutely nothing blew up or got burnt down.

Must try harder.

You'll blow things up soon. Fire will reign!

I'm in the middle of writing a scene where my MC does something very, very stupid (with sound reasons). There's no literal fire, but I expect an explosion of sorts. Heh.

ION: I did modified, elevated pushups today at physical therapy and my shoulder held. It's still super weak, but it didn't slide out of place! This was a miracle and cause for much rejoicing. Especially as it was less stable for other exercises.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
What the....?

How did I not know of this?!

I am shamed by my ignorance. I hereby hand over my SFF card. I shall only write memoirs and self-help-beat-poetry from now on.

o_O How did you NOT know about this one? lol

Well until lately they had a physical submission system. When CC Finlay finally got the head editing position, he changed it to an email system. THANKFULLY! :D They do have a very quick turn around.

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
o_O How did you NOT know about this one? lol

Well until lately they had a physical submission system. When CC Finlay finally got the head editing position, he changed it to an email system. THANKFULLY! :D They do have a very quick turn around.

Oh, he's head editor now, and not just a guest editor? Nice. :) I may try out my SSSFFSS with them if they're open.

aliwood

Penmonkey Contrarian
Registered
Reaction score
Website
truckloadofart.wordpress.com
I am shamed by my ignorance. I hereby hand over my SFF card. I shall only write memoirs and self-help-beat-poetry from now on.

Demands poem to help with remembering to blow things up in prose.

Ion, my favourite radio show has been back on the air for two weeks and I didn't realise. Thank goodness for digitisation and the ability to catch up.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, he's head editor now, and not just a guest editor? Nice. :) I may try out my SSSFFSS with them if they're open.

Yep he got the position at the beginning of the year. He's a great editor and has sent me awesome feedback!

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
It's one of the "Big 3" mags (F&SF, Asimov's, and Analog) that have been around forever. (well, several decades.)

And yes, they recently opened up to electronic submissions! :banana: Though they were always quick with mail submissions.

And yes, CC Finlay is the editor now, taking over from Gordon Van Gelder like a month or two ago?

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
It's one of the "Big 3" mags (F&SF, Asimov's, and Analog) that have been around forever. (well, several decades.)

And yes, they recently opened up to electronic submissions! :banana: Though they were always quick with mail submissions.

And yes, CC Finlay is the editor now, taking over from Gordon Van Gelder like a month or two ago?

Good luck gina!

I've been published in there twice. Though both to a previous editor.

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
Woot I got guessed! lol

Would anyone like to beta? I'll return the favor if they'd like.

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
ETA: Oh, and so *that's* what a flying buttress is... Interesting.

I like that they're the solution to "we must builds bigger!* and because some of them look like spider legs and some like batwings.

Dagnabit. I just finished a scene and now I realise that absolutely nothing blew up or got burnt down.

What even is the point? :p

it automatically suggested "murder".

is it fashioned in my image?

make it so

Shadowflame

Gametrovert
Registered
Reaction score
I'm up for a beta swap, though I may not have time to get around to it till this weekend.

No worries. Just send me a note with an email. I probably won't be able to read anything until this weekend either.

Thanks!

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Demands poem to help with remembering to blow things up in prose.

make it so

Welcome, cats, to CM's Leopard Print Chaise Lounge of Quills and Prose*, the hippest place for poetry and words. No judgements here, just the sweet, melodious waves of written harmony washing over the beaches of your inner goddess.

For those beatniks who aren't regulars, Wednesdays are our open-mic nights. So loosen your bent brummels, fire up your kick sticks, and put your snaps together for our first groovy entry of the evening. Presented by here by popular demand, we give you: Burn Beat

Fire.

In my mind.

In my soul.

In my fingers.

In my sentences.

Burn, baby, burn.

Light the night.

Warm the keys.

Blaze with passion.

Rage.

Consume.

Till everything is embers.

Everything is smoke.

Everything is peace.

giphy_zpsa8cb7adf.gif

*A division of CM Enterprises LTD, Inc., LLC

Kricket

Chirp! Chirp!
Registered
Reaction score
is it fashioned in my image?

Should it be? :Huh:

Welcome, cats, to CM's Leopard Print Chaise Lounge of Quills and Prose*, the hippest place for poetry and words. No judgements here, just the sweet, melodious waves of written harmony washing over the beaches of your inner goddess.

For those beatniks who aren't regulars, Wednesdays are our open-mic nights. So loosen your bent brummels, fire up your kick sticks, and put your snaps together for our first groovy entry of the evening. Presented by here by popular demand, we give you: Burn Beat

Fire.

In my mind.

In my soul.

In my fingers.

In my sentences.

Burn, baby, burn.

Light the night.

Warm the keys.

Blaze with passion.

Rage.

Consume.

Everything is smoke.

Everything is peace.

giphy_zpsa8cb7adf.gif

:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score

Fire.

In my mind.

In my soul.

In my fingers.

In my sentences.

Burn, baby, burn.

Light the night.

Warm the keys.

Blaze with passion.

Rage.

Consume.

Everything is smoke.

Everything is peace.

giphy_zpsa8cb7adf.gif

Great. Now I want to play Grim Fandango after work today and I just don't have time. Thanks. >.<

Maggie Maxwell

Making Einstein cry since 1994
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewanderingquille.blogspot.com
Seconded.

ETA: Also, there is a cover for it....My goodness.

Yeah, that was basically my reaction too. Above and beyond, tiddlywinks.

Welcome, Michele! No no, don't lurk. We only bite sometimes. Mostly Lily. I mean, Lily bites. Not that we bite Lily. There are bottomless mugs behind the counter, wine in the cellar if you want to brave the dragon, and it's feeding day for the kraken, so if she gets grabby, her food is also behind the counter.

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm going to pull up a chair and lurk in the corner... Because I've never been in the cantina before and I don't know what's going on.

Welcome to The Cantina, Michele!

Gang, this is Michele, one of the participants in this season's SS-SFF-SS.

Status
Not open for further replies.