We bought a house!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
So it's been a long, long.. looooong... endeavour. Since spring of last year when me and my boyfriend of four years started looking, we've walked through dozens of houses, put in offers on half a dozen, had an offer accepted and waited an extra two months for them to be able to move everything out because we weren't really in a rush. But for the last four years (because really, I became a permanent fixture on his couch two months in) I've lived in his house, owned technically by his dad in a duplex sort of situation, so it was never "my space". As welcome as I was, I couldn't have my things here, I went home intermittently to my parents house to see my poor kitty and exchange clothes and sleep in my bed once a week, so it was still very awkward.

But as of yesterday, we have finally taken possession of the house. We went in, took measurements, got ideas and just sat on the floor to marvel that this is ours. But it's like.. holy shit... this is adulthood.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
How wonderful! May you have much happiness inside its walls.

Maryn

Brutal Mustang

Loves interplanetary chaos.
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! I'm very familiar with the stress and excitement of home buying. I bought a place of my own a few years back (by myself, as a single woman). Totally know the feeling!

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congratz on a major "adult" accomplishment. :Hug2:

heza

Registered
Reaction score
Congrats! We bought our first house last year. It's a great feeling.

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations!

There is nothing like the first time you own your own space.

wampuscat

Recovering adjective addict
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's such a huge thing to have your own space. I hope you fill the walls with life.

Fruitbat

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Congrats, Channy! That is so exciting.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks everybody, it's been a crazy week. I've been feeling under the weather but my partner has not wasted anytime, tearing walls apart and framing spaces for half bathrooms. Meanwhile, I'm sitting in front of the windows, scraping with a razer blade because kids think it's soooo awesome to put stickers and decals and some weird jelly hardening crap all over the glass. Not the most productive week I've had...

Status
Not open for further replies.