MarNoWriMo 2015!

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Coffee!

mrsmig, you can still work on it during Camp. Camp is pretty flexible. I usually use Camp to work on existing projects, and then use November to work on new projects. It's a lot more fun working on a project when there are others doing it alongside you. You know what they say: Misery loves company. :D

I want to finish up 2 WIPs before Camp (total of 45k) so I can work on another WIP during Camp, which I have 50k left for that story.

bdwilson

Dedicated Lurker
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bdwilson.ca
If you want, rather than me editing a post ten times, PM me, and I'll start making up a list? Cabins are 12 this year (I thought they were 8 last year?) so maybe we can get away with one...

I sent a PM, thank you for doing this!

I'm in for Camp this year, but I don't know what I'll be doing for it. I like that there is more flexibility, but that means I have to pick something and go with it :tongue

If I manage to sketch out a new project I'm thinking about I might try that. If not, I might use it to get off my duff and finish the Snowflake replots of the novels I have been failing to do that for over the past few months. But given earlier drafts of those novels have also been past NaNo projects, and I still haven't managed to finish the damn things, I'm kinda getting tired of seeing them in the "My Novels" section :Headbang:

Last edited:

mrsmig

Write. Write. Writey Write Write.
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Changed my mind, so I'll be camping too. If I have my WIP draft finished by April I'll be working on revisions; if not, I'll be plugging toward the finish line.

Thuro

I'm Batman
Registered
Reaction score
Finish the first draft of my novel. I'm thinking forty thousand words.

Quick question guys. Isn't there usually a site for this type of thing?

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
There's the NaNoWriMo site (National Novel Writing Month), which runs in November, or else the Camp NaNo site, which runs in April and, I think, July. For every other month, the action seems to be right here on AW. :)

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Hey folks who want in the camp cabin -- I can't invite you until you create a project. Give me a shout when you do, and I'll send invites.

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
I sent you a PM with my info, but when you say project, do you mean setting up your goals on the campnano website?
The novel info has to be set up before they'll assign a cabin. I'm not sure which option we're supposed to use for the cabin settings. Coffee, do you know?

Ellesi

Registered
Reaction score
Avonlea, Fraser's Ridge, Bon Temps, Westeros
I am new to this Camp Nano thing and am kind of lost, but Google is my friend, and Camp Nano has a faq I am about to read through. So far, sounds interesting.

For now I wanted to update my goals:
- Increase my word count on my WIP by at least 5000 words (Currently at 4246 as of March 1) 6779 as of today
- Finish the 2 books I am reading. (both are 900+ pages so I will stick with just these two for now.) Have done about 3% of one of them
- Turn one of my old blogs into a writing blog and post at least 2 entries. I created a totally new blog instead. 1 out of 4 done.
- Post at least 4 entries on my personal blog 2 out of 4 done
- Revive my business blog and post at least 4 entries 0 out of 4 done
- Write copy for my business website (I sell items that I make and need better descriptions)
- Purchase Scrivener (using the trial version now)

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elldimensional.wordpress.com
The novel info has to be set up before they'll assign a cabin.

Thanks Chompers!

And good progress Ellesi!

My goal update:
1. Write at least 10k in my WIP.
2. Read 2 books. -- Finished one book, just started a new one.
3. Update blog at least twice. -- One update, done!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Went through my agent's edits today and they aren't nearly as bad as I feared. I will probably review them once more before I start editing, as she had a couple of plot-point issues that I'll have to sort out. Not a lot of writing done today, though. Can't seem to decide whether to "jump-cut" from the current scene to the next or write a brief transition instead. Probably end up doing the latter.

Write 10k words on WIP: 678 out of 10,000
Read two books: 1 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1
Review agent notes on Book 2 COMPLETED
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
Got about 55 pages left to read in this book. It's been slow going, really, but I've knocked out about 180 pages in a few days. Unfortunately, completing this book will only amount to 2/3 of a book read *this month*, so my total will be 1 and 1/3 books read, still leaving 2 more to read to complete my goal.

But I think once I've finished reading this one, I'm going to take a few days off from reading.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, cabin invites in progress.

So far, I've got:
Chompers
Parametric
BDWilson
MrsMig
AtomBaby
and myself.

Six more spots in the cabin. If I've missed you, I'm sorry. Give me a shove, and I'll invite you!

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Got mine! Thanks, Beans!

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
Got some snow last night. :) No work today, so I will spend the day writing. Let's see how much I can get done.

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Got some snow last night. :) No work today, so I will spend the day writing. Let's see how much I can get done.

We got snow too. I got a call yesterday (my one day off) saying they'd cancel our meeting if the weather was bad. It's a touch icy out, but otherwise fine. Turns out I was the only one who came in, and still have all my work to do.

Bah. I should have taken the snow day.

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
We got snow too. I got a call yesterday (my one day off) saying they'd cancel our meeting if the weather was bad. It's a touch icy out, but otherwise fine. Turns out I was the only one who came in, and still have all my work to do.

Bah. I should have taken the snow day.

Aw, you're there all by yourself? Well maybe you can finish early since there aren't any distractions.

Still snowing like heck here! Unfortunately I have errands to run, I expect my commute home this afternoon to take twice as long ):

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
White stuff continues here as well. I'm supposed to have a performance tonight, but my guess is that the theatre will cancel it. My other guess is that they'll wait until the last possible minute to do so. I want to write but can't seem to settle down - probably because I'm worried I'll have to shovel out and make my way in if cooler heads don't prevail soon. Ack.

ETA: And they just canceled tonight's show. Huzzah! Now I can focus on writing.

Last edited:

CoffeeBeans

Registered
Reaction score
Aw, you're there all by yourself? Well maybe you can finish early since there aren't any distractions.

Still snowing like heck here! Unfortunately I have errands to run, I expect my commute home this afternoon to take twice as long ):

Nah I have a big place of work, I'm just the only person in on my task. Drive slow and be easy!

Huzzah! Happy writing!

Last edited:

chompers

Registered
Reaction score

Stay safe!

White stuff continues here as well. I'm supposed to have a performance tonight, but my guess is that the theatre will cancel it. My other guess is that they'll wait until the last possible minute to do so. I want to write but can't seem to settle down - probably because I'm worried I'll have to shovel out and make my way in if cooler heads don't prevail soon. Ack.

Yay!

chompers

Registered
Reaction score
It's now 2pm and I haven't even started writing. haha

atombaby

nice & cynical
Registered
Reaction score
Website
Thanks guys! Got home safe, but it's messy out there.

Mrsmig, cancellation is good! Dinner, shoveling-- to-do lists are a total downer when it comes to writing.

mrsmig

Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Not as much written today as I'd hoped, but not a bad day, either. Ended up writing a transition instead of just jumping to the next scene, and think it turned out pretty well.

Write 10k words on WIP: 1275 out of 10,000
Read two books: 1 out of 2
Write one blog post: 0 out of 1
Review agent notes on Book 2 COMPLETED
Make revisions to Book 2 as necessary

Last edited:

Caitlin Black

Wild one
Registered
Reaction score
I now have 16 pages left to read on this textbook. *flop*

However, I'll take a break now, as I had an idea for a new section in my nonfiction WIP. Going to add that in, I think.

ETA: About 900 words added to the nonfiction WIP. Hooray! It's now up to 12.3k. :)

ETA2: And that book has been finished. So I've read 1 and 1/3 books out of 3.

Last edited: