What is your scariest Game ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendo

Custom User Title
Registered
Reaction score
I've heard a lot about Deadspace being pretty scary lol As for me they're not really my type of game but when I was little and the first resident evil game came out I had a few hair raising moments. But I'm sure if I played it now I'd kinda be like "meh not scary" lol

cbenoi1

Banned
Reaction score
EA's Spore.

When I read about the DRM stuff it had installed and I could never take out without having to reformat the HD and re-install Windows from scratch.

Freakiest software EVER.

-cb

aprettytruestory

eating my words
Registered
Reaction score
The Resident Evil Remake for the GameCube was pretty darned terrifying... though I have to say the only game I refuse to play without someone near me is the original Fatal Frame. I've had it for years and still haven't finished it - I'm too chicken!

reiver33

Monolithic
Registered
Reaction score
I don't play 1st person but my most unsettling experience playing a game was Homeworld, in the Great Nebula. It was the late night/early morning thing, the fleet was mostly trashed and I'd sent out one ship to try and find the remaining bad guys - I couldn't afford any further losses. It was the tension (first time playing that mission), the atmospheric music, the genuine sense of being alone as my solitary ship slid through the gas clouds - I was so on edge, with a real twist of apprehension in my gut...

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
I don't tend to play horror games, but I had one that creeped me out so bad I had to uninstall it within an hour of loading it: Bad Day On The Midway. It didn't have much of a plot, save a vague theme of a killer wandering around a carnival; you jumped from character to character at will, experiencing their dysfunctional lives in various levels of detail, or riding exceptionally disturbing midway rides, until you were randomly offed by the killer and the game ended. The thing was so dark and bizarre and downright twisted that it just creeped the heck out of me, like art produced by residents of a hospital for the criminally insane.

And, as cbenoi1 said, there's that whole trend of "anti-piracy" malware game manufacturers are installing on so many newer games, that doesn't even uninstall when you remove the game it came with; it doesn't slow piracy down a lick, either. Terrifying...

Status
Not open for further replies.