Rate Your Level of Nerdlihood

Nerdliness

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BookmarkUnicorn

does believe in fairies
Registered
Reaction score
I think it might just be shorthand for calling you kinda persnickety maybe? *sigh* I miss him in the early seasons, he's not the same now. As a show about nerdom goes they've gotten kinda mean to each other.
Nerd/geek friends are some of the most laid back and nice people I've ever met in real life :)

Last edited:

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
Ooh, yes, comics! I love comics and scifi of all kinds but not really great at math and indifferent in school to science.

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
I'd like to vote, but I'm not a 12-year-old boy, so Pokemon, Minecraft and Mario Kart are right out.

When taking our son to England for a graduation gift, we had to take a two day side trip to Cardiff in order to visit the Doctor Who Experience and tour the shooting locations.

I stood in line for two hours to meet Michael Dorn once.

My father and I use to play "name the episode" with ST:TOS. We could both name any episode from only the opening shot.

And you can't take the sky from me!

You said Dr. Who in a sentence, therefore you qualify hands down. Yay!

K. Q. Watson

Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I can't wait for the August release of Pokemon Rising Fists Mass Effect 4 and Batman Arkham Knights and No Man's Sky and the re-release of Grim Fandango!

Mr Flibble

They've been very bad, Mr Flibble
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the m
Website
francisknightbooks.co.uk
Not into Pokemon etc but...

My daughter is named after a Star Trek character

I once dressed up as Tank Girl for a panel at a con (drew the line at shaving my head though -- I'm not that hardcore!)

I've lost count of how many WOW/SWMMO etc top level characters I have. Though one of them tells me I have played that character for....holy shit, how many days? oops.

Counting down for the release of Star Citizen. Is gonna be awesome.

Pretty nerdy, I think

bmacenlightened

Registered
Reaction score
By the poll's indication of nerdy I picked the second option as I am not really into the anime stuff, but I am a computer science graduate, type fast, play Diablo 3 (just got off world of warcraft a couple weeks ago), and can have extended discussions about the different categories of heavy metal music... so I probably grossly underestimated myself here.

Diana W.

I'm evolving
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a sci fi and fantasy fan. But the one show I get truly nerdly about is Doctor Who. There is no better show in the entire universe.

Channy

Me Gusta
Registered
Reaction score
I've been tardy on my Pokemon games but I've always been an avid toy/statue/action figure collector. Typical action figures for my favourite game Final Fantasy and then going an extra mile to commission some custom stuff.

I got the lifesized Portal guns and turret.. scored a Yoshitaka Amano painting.. a buttload of old Pokemon cards and 2inch figures my neices play with now... Dollfies, play my Wii just for the SNES/NES games after our consoles got lost ages ago :< and and and... envy every day that a buddy from school is at ComicCon right now.

ScienceFictionMommy

Registered
Reaction score
Website
sciencefictionmommy.blogspot.com
I met my husband at a scifi convention. I dressed one of my children in a "future trekkie" onesie to take him to the same convention as an infant. Hubby and I knew it was true love when we realized we'd both videotaped each and every episode of ST:TNG. I took Calculus 3 in college for fun. I comb the picture books at the library, looking for science fiction picture books to read to my children.

How's that?

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
The results are official! The, .,"Sometimes, I watch Star Trek, but not often" is the winner! Yay, winner!!!!

I do feel very happy, however, that ten others are excited for the new Pokemon booster packs. I got a full art Lucario at a pre-release!!!!! Woot!

Wicked

Outcast Rogue
Registered
Reaction score
Me thinks the poll has a very narrow view of "nerd". :tongue

No Pokemon here.

Setting aside my obvious spider fetish, I still collect comic books on occasion.

Above my computer is a poster of Madmaritgan from the movie Willow, which I bought at a Spencer's store in 1988, when the movie came out.

I spent my birthday money on a Headless Horseman action figure from the movie Sleepy Hollow. It's on top of the spider tank next to my bed.

I've been known to crush on animated characters.

My family often argues over the definitions of 'nerd' and 'geek', when they refer to me as one or the other.

I read the dictionary for fun.

I can't tell you who Kim Kardashian is, or why she's supposed to be famous, but I know the announced release dates for all the superhero movies for the next three years. :tongue

It delights me to put all my TV CSI knowledge into creating costumes for my kids, so they have proper blood spatter on their zombie/zombie hunter outfits.

I don't wear makeup because I think it's a pointless, time consuming, nuisance, but I'll happily spend hours making fake wounds and scars with liquid latex and cheap cosmetics.

Last edited:

maceleon

Registered
Reaction score
If I found a nerdy partner with as high of a sex drive as me, I think I'd have to get married right then and there.

I'm a little sick of watching bad television and film and being subjected to top 40.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I would have rated myself quite high if not for all the anime-related questions. :)