What Are You Reading Right Now?

jerrimander

No one takes me seriously. Really.
Registered
Reaction score
What Are You Reading Right Now?
that's kind of a personal question, don't you think?

Brightdreamer

Just Another Lazy Perfectionist
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brightdreamersbookreviews.blogspot.com
Well, it's a nice hardcover with clean, tight binding all the way up the spine. But this dust jacket - it's just in my way. Strip that baby off - yeah, that's more like it. Now I'm turning a silky-smooth page. Lick that finger and tuuurn it, nice and slow... Oh, yeah, hon, can you smell the fresh ink? This is such a long chapter, and the plotting's so tight...

Oh, wait. Forgot which forum I was on. Er - never mind... ;)

jerrimander

Registered
Reaction score
Well, it's a nice hardcover with clean, tight binding all the way up the spine. But this dust jacket - it's just in my way. Strip that baby off - yeah, that's more like it. Now I'm turning a silky-smooth page. Lick that finger and tuuurn it, nice and slow... Oh, yeah, hon, can you smell the fresh ink? This is such a long chapter, and the plotting's so tight...

Oh, wait. Forgot which forum I was on. Er - never mind... ;)
yeahhh, babbyyyy... bow chicka wow wow...

Lavern08

Sit Down, and Shut Up!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The label on the bottle of Texas Pete.

Blackfish

Banned
Reaction score
Nakhon Pathom, Thailand; or somewhere in the world
I've Always Found Reading A Huge Part Of Writing

The formula is simple: write, write, write. Read, read, study, learn. Write, write, write. Write, write, write. Read, read, study, learn. Write, write, write. Write, write, write. Read, read, study, learn. Write, write, write. Write, write, write. Read, read, study, learn. Write, write, write. Not necessarily in that order, but you get the idea.

jerrimander

Registered
Reaction score
that sounds exhausting. i'm going to go read so more threads on AW because that doesn't count as reading. right?

J.Emerson

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in editing mode in my writing, so I like to read Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Their writing styles tend to be very crisp, while still being evocative. It puts me in the 'write' frame of mind ;)

So to answer the question, I reading both "Under the Dome" and "Odd Thomas" depending on how the mood strikes me.

Blackfish

Banned
Reaction score
I'm in editing mode in my writing, so I like to read Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Their writing styles tend to be very crisp, while still being evocative. It puts me in the 'write' frame of mind ;)

So to answer the question, I reading both "Under the Dome" and "Odd Thomas" depending on how the mood strikes me.

Sounds good. Good points to remember.

tomz563

Registered
Reaction score
In all honesty, I'm currently reading Psychos – the new White Girl Problems book...
I can't help myself... it's hilarious

Blackfish

Banned
Reaction score
Finished up Thoreau this morning.

Just started in on, "Incidents In The Life Of A Slave Girl" by Harriet Ann Jacobs.

“They would know that liberty is more valuable than life.”

“Who can blame slaves for being cunning? They are constantly compelled to resort to it. It is the only weapon of the weak and oppressed against the strength of their tyrants." -- Harriet Ann Jacobs

sadron

Writing Dark Fantasy
Registered
Reaction score
The Children of Húrin by J.R.R Tolkien, plus some papers I need to read for library study selection test.

TB4me2000

scribbling in the deep south
Registered
Reaction score
Website
brittanymtaylor.wordpress.com
Just started Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel. Bored out of my mind for the first 20 pages. Then bam. Foreknowledge kicked in and I had to throw it across the room to get some sleep last night.

CAnneFrye

Registered
Reaction score
I'm currently reading an eARC of Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas (and loving it!)

CAnneFrye

Registered
Reaction score
I'm reading "mortal instruments", finishing the third book.

OOH! That's one of the best in the series! I finished the last one soon after it came out, and I loved it.

I have to say, though--it took me a while to become invested in the story and the characters. I wasn't a fan of the first two books, so I'm glad you seem to enjoy it and that you're now reading book 3. :)