Had any good dreams lately?

MrCasperTom

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to have more nightmares than dreams. If you want some weird dreams, let me know :tongue

MrCasperTom

Registered
Reaction score
Haha, well then.

I think the weirdest dream I've ever had entailed the following - I dreamed I was lying in bed staring at the ceiling. Hanging there, from what appeared to be a spider's web, was a caterpillar. With a baby's face. It then started spinning around cocooning itself all the while giving off smoke and brimstone.

Needless to say I woke up at that point. It also gave me a story idea so hey ho, every cloud...

Maze Runner

Registered
Reaction score
Wow, that is spooky. Another one mixing animals with humans. Wonder what that's about...

I had one recently that must be common. Everyone I knew was at a wake, family and friends all milling around the casket, some crying, some not very bothered at all. Then the crowd seemed to part and an old woman, her face covered by a lacy black veil, I don't know who she was, but in a long black dress, slowly made her way up to the coffin, two men in black suits and ties holding her arms on either side. She gripped her rosary beads in her feeble hands and stopped at the casket and looked down, and now the veil was gone and I could see her face plainly but she was no one I knew - I think she might be this old time actress who was in a lot of horror films, but I don't know her name. Of course it was me lying in the coffin. I made a good looking corpse, I have to say.

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone dream about AW?

Last night I dreamed I was at an outdoor wedding reception with the entire cast of the Comedy Cabaret. Cray was a giant red and gold battery that kept bumping into me and knocking me over. Everyone else just kept flickering and changing shapes every few minutes just like their avis do and I was getting so anxious because I couldn't keep track of who was who.

My youngest woke up crying and that woke me up just as the giant red and gold battery was looming over me about to knock me over again.

I have no idea what it means...except maybe I spend waaaaayyyyy too much time on AW. :D

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
Night before last...

I dreamt I was making out with a woman who looks a lot like my older sister (ew) on thin bare mattress like the kind on beds in cabins in horror movies. it was on a floor (felt stable) that looked like an ocean/puddle of blood with chunks of flesh floating by and mountains of bones and flesh in the background. I covered us up with a dirty patchwork quilt that looked like it belonged on a baby's bed, and then heard small children. I had to get up and take care of them. There were four all between the ages of 2 and 5 and they all had this strange crust on them. The oldest had arms that looked like they were covered in 3 inches thick amber, in which there were mealworms/maggots the size of foot-long hotdogs. The worms were boring through the crust. If they bored the right way, the amber would crack and free the kids. If they bored the wrong way, the worms would eat them. I washed their hands and told them it was almost time for a nap. The blood/flesh landscape was still outside the windows of the place the kids were (which looked a lot like the first daycare mine ever went to).

Given that this type of horrific and surreal dream is what I've had my entire life (I recall as a kid, friends telling me about dreams of picnics and wondering why theirs were so boring given that mine involved inside out creatures and telekinesis) I wonder what that Jungian would think...

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
Night before last...

I dreamt I was making out with a woman who looks a lot like my older sister (ew) on thin bare mattress like the kind on beds in cabins in horror movies. it was on a floor (felt stable) that looked like an ocean/puddle of blood with chunks of flesh floating by and mountains of bones and flesh in the background. I covered us up with a dirty patchwork quilt that looked like it belonged on a baby's bed, and then heard small children. I had to get up and take care of them. There were four all between the ages of 2 and 5 and they all had this strange crust on them. The oldest had arms that looked like they were covered in 3 inches thick amber, in which there were mealworms/maggots the size of foot-long hotdogs. The worms were boring through the crust. If they bored the right way, the amber would crack and free the kids. If they bored the wrong way, the worms would eat them. I washed their hands and told them it was almost time for a nap. The blood/flesh landscape was still outside the windows of the place the kids were (which looked a lot like the first daycare mine ever went to).

Given that this type of horrific and surreal dream is what I've had my entire life (I recall as a kid, friends telling me about dreams of picnics and wondering why theirs were so boring given that mine involved inside out creatures and telekinesis) I wonder what that Jungian would think...

Oh my goodness! How disturbing! You said you dream those kind of dreams all the time?

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
Oh my goodness! How disturbing! You said you dream those kind of dreams all the time?
Like I said, friends had boring dreams about picnics. What other people call nightmares, I call dreams. Nearly all are entirely lucid, too.

TheThingsSheWrote

Registered
Reaction score
I dream nearly every night and am pretty good at remembering them. Some I can even alter (I have had lucid dreams since I was a child, and whenever I remember to stop goofing around trying to fly, I can actually do things). One dream 2 nights ago was immensely vivid and will probably be the foundations of a story, fingers crossed!

The one from last night was probably book induced. I kept dreaming that I was on the black pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, while the Ajahs from the Wheel of Time were hunting me because I had a horn hidden under my bed.

Yeah...

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to know I'm dreaming but can't always control them. The most recent strange dream I had was I or whoever I was dreaming of, they aren't always me and I didn't quite hold onto it in the morning, the person was in a game as a forest lord, some type of elf and meeting with a human. It was some type of game, like Dungeons and Dragons. And just as they were getting into the adventure, which I don't remember, the person woke up, in a spaceship with alarms going off and something bad about to happen. That was when I woke up.

V.J. Allison

Sunny with a Side of Evilness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vjallison.com
I've been dreaming a lot lately. It's due to the medication I'm on to help me quit smoking (86 hours smoke free and counting!), one of its side effects.

One of the more unusual dreams I had recently (due to the meds, I imagine) was that I was in Nanny's house and she kept trying to write a check to me to help cover her cat's expenses. She kept on writing "Amber and Noelle", and would get upset each time I tried telling her that out of her three cats (that we adopted in 2010), only Amber was left.

The thing is, Nanny passed away on September 17, 2010... Noelle died in June of 2012... It kind of threw me off a tad. *SIGH* It could have been Nanny visiting me too, she does that sometimes.....

Melanii

Talking Fruit
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thestrawberryscribe.wordpress.com
I usually have nightmares involving my PSTD.

Last night I had an interesting dream: All I mainly remember is hanging out with a friend at his place, monsters appearing from inside his room, and him falling down a hole of some sort.

Then, along with some others (a young boy, an older lady, and a kick-butt, but nice dude) we were crossing a large lake. Monsters attacked us every so often, and we barely made to our destination... A large clockwork type of city on an island.

Apparently we needed the help of the "leader" and we had to convince the guard to let us see the "leader", and one of the character mentioned that we had the means to win some war. It seemed cool. XD

00Pepper

Super Pepper
Registered
Reaction score
The one from last night was probably book induced. I kept dreaming that I was on the black pearl from Pirates of the Caribbean, while the Ajahs from the Wheel of Time were hunting me because I had a horn hidden under my bed.

Yeah...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious! :roll:

scifi_boy2002

Registered
Reaction score
I dream a lot of old, dilapitaded houses. I always fear that they are haunted and they look like they are. I also dream a lot of being at aiports and flying in jets. Another dream that comes up often are ones where I am at some large amusment part or some great festival where there are crowds of people.

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
So here's the real question, who else uses their dreams for ideas for writing? I know I write down the unusual ones that I remember and keep them for story ideas. Anybody else?

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
I dreamt that I finally remembered the lyrics to a song I heard on rhe radio fifteen years ago and that has been haunting me ever since, was able to google it, and found it was originally penned in 1957 by some Canadian blues musician. I didn't get to the point of downloading it, though. Frustrated once again!

jennontheisland

Registered
Reaction score
So here's the real question, who else uses their dreams for ideas for writing? I know I write down the unusual ones that I remember and keep them for story ideas. Anybody else?
I don't' think I'd use anything from my dreams in a story. They're mostly too non-sensical and I don't write that kind of thing... though maybe I should try.

I did have one dream that was an actual story though. It was as twisted and gory as my usual dreams, but was a complete start to finish with themes and everything. I'd rather do it as a graphic novel because it was ... well... rather graphic. But it will be written at some point.

Monkeyarcher

Registered
Reaction score
when I was younger, through my teens, I would have a dream every once in a while where I figured out how to fly. Now, I know that flying dreams are not that unusual, but even in the dream, the flying wasn't the special part. What was special, and what would stick with me when I woke up, ws that I figured out how to fly. I knew the process and in theory could teach it to others and such. The method was always the same, yet I could never quite remember all the details when I woke up.
Now, even as a kid, I knew that I couldn't really know how to fly - that was dream talk - but I have always wondered what my brain was trying to tell me that I really figured out how to do.
I don't have the dream that much anymore, but every couple years it will pop up again.

Monkeyarcher

Registered
Reaction score
I tend to know I'm dreaming but can't always control them.

I am prone to lucid dreaming, but most times, while I could control the dream, I tend to sit back and watch like it is a movie. There have been many dreams where horrible things happen to me, like zombie attacks or stabbings, but I try to keep on dreaming, just to see how "I" am going to handle it. Otherwise, my control in the dream is usually restricted to checking out different perspectives because I become curious what is happening in another room or something.

writingdalloway

Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing like a surreal and disturbing dream to wake you up. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I was diving in the clearest blue waters somewhere off the coast of Tahiti. Or at least that's where I thought I was in the dream; the waters gradually turned darker until I could no longer see my hand in front of my mask. For some reason, at this point I believed I was in the North Sea seraching for oil and, in the darkness, began to feel like I was failing at my job. On the sea floor I saw a small light begin to glow so I followed it until I reached a giant clam containing this light which was, in fact, a luminescent pearl about the size of my fist. It looked a little like these over here but naturally much smaller.I tried to pick it up and the clam snapped shut on my arm. I woke up at this point.......ha

Last edited:

Andrea Rittschof

Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing like a surreal and disturbing dream to wake you up. I had a dream a couple of weeks ago that I was diving in the clearest blue waters somewhere off the coast of Tahiti. Or at least that's where I thought I was in the dream; the waters gradually turned darker until I could no longer see my hand in front of my mask. For some reason, at this point I believed I was in the North Sea seraching for oil and, in the darkness, began to feel like I was failing at my job. On the sea floor I saw a small light begin to glow so I followed it until I reached a giant clam containing this light which was, in fact, a luminescent pearl about the size of my fist. I tried to pick it up and the clam snapped shut on my arm. I woke up at this point.......ha

This sounds so interesting!