Rate Your Level of Nerdlihood

Nerdliness

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
Wish I knew what you were talking about...

*whistles Moonlight legend on my way out...*

robjvargas

Rob J. Vargas
Banned
Reaction score
I read tech manuals like others do crossword puzzles. How's that?

jennontheisland

the world is at my command
Registered
Reaction score
I like math, I play MtG, and I regularly lack the understanding required to function in social situations.

And just because I tend to go all in on things... I'm having a break out of eczema on my eyes and mouth. Because really, what's a nerd without a facial rash?

And if you move my desk one more time I will burn this place to the ground.
(you missed the poll option about substaintial ability to make obscure pop culture references, with emphasis on the cult part)

Last edited:

Albedo

Alex
Registered
Reaction score
The nerd spectrum is wide. I don't watch no Star Treks or Pokemons or Minecrafts, but I dork out in other ways that would make you renounce your half-baked pretensions to geekhood and take up the vow of football.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I like math, I play MtG, and I regularly lack the understanding required to function in social situations.

And just because I tend to go all in on things... I'm having a break out of eczema on my eyes and mouth. Because really, what's a nerd without a facial rash?

Yeah, I can relate to most of this, but I don't recognize MtG, as I don't play games (well, maybe when posting on forums - but not AW, of course!).

I remember things I regularly used in my college days, such as several of the opcodes for the 6502, and the no-op for the Z-80. Peeps thesedays probably don't even know what opcodes are.

Do I get no nerd cred for this, or is that geek thread? Language changes so fast quickly thesedays, I can hardly understand you whippersnappers.
(you missed the poll option about substaintial ability to make obscure pop culture references, with emphasis on the cult part)
"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
OP,

You do realize there are programs to help people like you return to reality. They cost very little and can help you become a fully functioning member of society again.

:D

Ken

Banned
Kind Benefactor
Reaction score
you've gotta be smart to be a nerd
which counts me out
even though I've got some common denominators

Forbidden Snowflake

I'm quite put out.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.vinjii.ch
I'm waiting for the next Pokémon.
I'm waiting for the next Final Fantasy.
I'm saving for a PS4 an xBox One and I'd like a gaming Desktop computer.
DS and Vita are sitting to my left. Kindle to my right. Laptop is on my lap.
I watch Star Trek.
I go to conventions. I don't dress up but I read mangas and watch anime.
I play WOW.
However I do not like Minecraft.

Enough info? :D

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not much of a nerd in the classic sense. More a different kind of odd.

Maryn, truthful

shakeysix

blue eyed floozy
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shakey6wordsmith.webs.com
I am so much not a nerd that I listen to Spanish language tapes when I'm not listening to Van Morrison and Thunderclap Newman. I dig for fossils, and know the Latin name of every flower in my garden. I sport white anklets and Converse All Stars! It doesn't take a screen to make a person cool! --s6

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score

Yeah, if you could just move your desk that'd be great....

Matty lll

Registered
Reaction score
No I am not a nerd at all, as I don't like the things that are associated with 'nerds', some people might think I am weird though.

KellyAssauer

The Anti-Magdalene
Registered
Reaction score
You do realize there are programs to help people like you return to reality. They cost very little and can help you become a fully functioning member of society again.

Of course she knows this.
We all know this, but when will they have a program for you?

:D

Vito

Recalled to life
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not even remotely a nerd, according to the poll choices, but I think it's only because most of that stuff (except for Star Trek) wasn't even around when I was in my formative years.

When I was a kid I was into all kinds of non-science fiction, non-fantasy, non-gaming activities that definitely qualify as nerd behavior: I had a stamp collection, I attended classes for gifted/advanced students, I always became abnormally excited on "library day" every week at school, etc. etc. etc. And oh, yeah...there was something definitely nerdy about those unbelievably old hand-me-down clothes that I had to wear during my pre-teen years. Good thing I eventually outgrew 'em! :Thumbs:

C.bronco

I have plans...
Registered
Reaction score
Website
cynthia-bronco.blogspot.com
The nerd spectrum is wide. I don't watch no Star Treks or Pokemons or Minecrafts, but I dork out in other ways that would make you renounce your half-baked pretensions to geekhood and take up the vow of football.

But I would never choose football over NASCAR, or any of the other options.
We are almost all on the nerd spectrum somehow. Otherwise, we would not be here and that is why I love AW.