Dear book

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Why are you so much trouble? Why do you make me write, tear out, rewrite? I don't mean to compare you to other books, but they really were much less trouble. Is it the characters? Because they're great characters. Okay, so one of them doesn't cope well under stress. But if it were easy, you wouldn't be much of a book, would you?

How about you lighten up a little and we finish this thing?

Love,
Mama Jude

Your turn, friends. Air your grievances to your WIP. Come on, don't tell me I'm alone in my frustration. :Headbang:

Namatu

Lost in mental space.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear WIP,

You know I don't outline so stop freaking me out by telling me what's going on before I've even finished a full chapter. I admit it's interesting, but now you've got me all worried I'll forget it, that the scenes won't be as good when I get to them because they've been hanging out in my head for months, with all these events circling around a Big Bad you're keeping amorphous.

Let's talk about that. If you're really going to share what's going on before I get to it, you could at least feed me some information on the actual, official antagonist. Instead, I get the feeling you want me to think hard about it in advance, which you know isn't going to happen. No matter how much you bug me.

Impatient with your impatience,
Namatu

P.S. Them? Yeah, I knew that. Tease.

P.P.S. Shut up! Not thinking! Not. Thinking! Nooooo!

Jilly McGilly

Crumpled!
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Book,

Why you so clunky? Why you keep getting shorter? Why you not 70,000 words? Why you look like caveman write you?

Book! Get written! Arrrrrrr!!!!

Love,
Jilly

P.S. Seriously, book, stop sucking so hard.

Gretad08

Registered
Reaction score
Dear story,

Why do you look like a Picasso painting? Why can't you get on the paper from my brain in an organized fashion? Don't you want a new living environment? It's crowded in my head. So, what I'm trying to say is, I'm kicking you out. I love you, but it's time. Please go live on paper, where you belong. Oh, also, when you move to your new home, please organize your words in a brilliant, exciting, sell-able fashion. I want you to be reproduced on manyn many more pages. Remember, I only want what's best for you.

Thanks.

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Dear almost-finished Book,

You know, I'm starting to think there's a conspiracy going on here. I don't write sequels. In fact, I tend to be ridiculously opposed to sequels. How many times in my life have I sworn to never write one? (Unless, you know, I just couldn't help it, but like that was ever gonna happen!)

So why is it that you just won't let me go? Sure, sure, all my characters like to stick around and toy with me, but that's just playtime and we all know it. You've already convinced me to throw my next three ideas back in the box and write more about you guys first. You can try to blame it on Dale and Harper, but I'm at a point where I'm fairly certain that this is a conspiracy you're all in on. What's that? The twins would like to have their very own prequel because they didn't get much screen time and think they're cute enough to warrant it? My little crazy superpowered children think it would be fun to come back as adults and show the world what they're made of? A couple of you have already decided to give birth to a legacy hero at some point in the future?

I really do think I'm starting to see what's going on here. Wait, let me guess. Ashleigh and Red-Shirt Danny are going to show up in the next book and decide they want their own books, too.

Well, I've got something to say to you all. Cut it out! I refuse to write a whole series, even if you are interesting and fun and have lots of potential for spin-offs. You get two and that's it. Okay, maybe three, at some far-off point in the future. At the very least, learn to wait your turn!

Thanks. Glad we could all be understanding about this.

Dictatorially yours,

Kaitie

Last edited:

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Dear book,

Why is the idea of you so awesome and absorbing while the actual you is so fugly and melodramatic?

ETA: Sorry book. I love you. Don't be mad. Hey, come back here!

Jess Haines

Boldly going nowhere in particular.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jesshaines.com
Dearest current WIP:

Why can't you decide on a firm direction for the plot to take? Why do you torment me with these five different possibilities that all sound amazing and can't possibly end the way I want you to? You're making it very hard to stay on a linear plotline for the rest of my series. It's really got to stop, now. I mean it.

Kisses,
-Jess

Greenify13

Fair Maiden of War.
Registered
Reaction score
Dear WIP,

Why did I find you in the closet? The computer crashed and was repaired months ago, you did not need to hide and torture me so! Now I have to type you out, again, and yet you plague me with your thoughts and knowledge. Sure, you're super freaking intelligent, but come on, give it a rest I'm not there yet.
While you're at it tell your counterpart, your partner in crime that they're move was low. A pure devine being? Who the hell am I?
Be a little nicer, or patient, or else...or else...I'll do something mean!

Take that, with love,
Your B*tch, er, minion

PS. I won't be mean, promise, you can have your way...just stop and I'll love you forevers...

PS.2
Really? That was cruel, I hadn't even posted it yet. I'll do it, but it's so cruel!

mccardey

Self-Ban
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Book,

Let's just play nicely today.

xx

Sassy3421

Plotting murder..most of the time
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sassy3421.blogspot.com
Dear Book,

You've really proven yourself a challenge. You presented me with fresh characters and new POV. At first the words came slower but they were important words. As our relationship has progressed, I've come to be absorbed in your main character and the challenge and heartache that he's facing. All he wants is justice for his family...isn't that a normal, human reaction to want to pinpoint blame?

But, now he wavers on what exactly to do next, how to get inside this guy's head. I feel that he's got to do something soon, but there's still words left to write and I don't see the end in sight, just yet. Guess I will just have to stab away at you, book, on a daily basis to see what you give me back in return.

Anxiously awaiting the first draft completion,
Sassy

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Dear Writers,

Shut up and take your medicine.

Best wishes,

WIP

wittyusernamehere

Registered
Reaction score
Dear Writers,

Shut up and take your medicine.

Best wishes,

WIP

Out of NOWHERE my WIP just screamed at me, "It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!"

I... I think I gotta blame your comment. :)

DeaK

Registered
Reaction score
Dear novel,

I will be back in a week. Please do not change too much in this time. It is true, I will be trying to forget you, but I do like you as you are. I will try not to dream of you, for fear that you will seem greater than you are – and I don't say that to hurt you, I love you, but this love affair is still new, and I need to see how great you really are.

Also, please, by the time I get back, stop looking at everyone and sighing all the time; you are strong and unique, you do not need to look and sigh.

All the best,
Lots of love, I'll miss you, Dea.

DeaK

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, its not looking (well, I can't tell if it's a he or a she, I think it's some kind of a genderless animal). Just wanted to say that I'm loving this thread! It's wonderful saying a thing or two to my story, instead of just taking its dictation all the time.

Jessianodel

Blessed by the AW Gods
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Book,

You have a good plot, an interesting world, amazing characters, and keep readers laughing. So why do you feel the need to color everything that's wrong in bright neon yellow? Why won't you let me ignore until editing?

You, for some reason, feel the need to whisper discouragement in my ear. Don't you want to be published? Because I know I want you out the damn door.

Now shut up and pay attention, because I'm only saying this once. Either you call in all the characters and we get this show on the road, or you're being trunked. For good.

Don't believe me? Ask Red Fire...she knows....

Love,
Jessie

Stanmiller

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Dear books,

Thanks for writing yourselves. I know you only needed fingers on a keyboard and you could have picked anybody. Thanks for picking me.

Stan

Elhrrah

Summon Bigger Fish
Registered
Reaction score
Dear WIP,

Why can't you stay consistent? First you're up, then you're down, and then you're mumbling about the bodies we left in Rio when we both know nothing ever happens in Rio. Please pull yourself together, please don't make me work on that other project, the one that isn't nearly as nice as you can be on some days. Neither of us want that, do we? And if you're willing to get out of that hotel room and to stop talking about Rio, I won't even make notes about that other project, and the two of us can get some work done.

Elhrrah

Wayne K

Banned
Reaction score
Dear MessofcrapIwrote,

I've loved every back breaking, eye soring minute of it. You've paid off for all the hard work, because people I respect say really good things about ya. If you could speed it up from good to great, I'd appreciate it. I'm getting old and sore from doing this shit.

Your Servant,

Me

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Dear Book,

I wuv you. *HUGGLES!*

Abidingly yours (until next time),

Kaitie

kaitie

With great power comes
Registered
Reaction score
Um...Kaitie wants to know if she and her book can join the toe-painting s'mores party. That sounds like fun. :D