Not open for further replies.

K. Taylor

Bah Humbug
Registered
Reaction score
Website
carlakrae.blogspot.com
Never good when a bomb goes off, heh.

Eating more cherries. Nom. Enjoying Olympic trials. Have to get a new video card later. That's my week. Oh, and I made a print copy of my UF novella, so I'm waiting for approval of the files.

Spiderman tomorrow, eeee!

SteveCordero

Pit Livin' & Purgatory Dreamin'
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Mornin', Purgies!!!

{{{Ink}}}

{{{Fire}}}

{{{Lisa}}}

Thanks for link, KT

Had my daughter's Baptism this Sunday. A beautiful, private ceremony (long story) and all went well, despite it being a scorcher out there and having a ton of people over our house.

Last edited:

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:hi:

Ink glad you weren't maimed by the firework. I will not go into past firework escapades. Let's just say it's amazing that I and a few friends survived our teen years.

I grew up on Orange Julius! Yeah, I think it's a west coast thing.

They were in Oklahoma too when I was child. It was one of those treats we would get at the mall.

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
Morning, purgs! Had an unremarkable weekend: I had all sorts of plans for Sunday, but I actually woke up with a migraine. I can't remember the last time that happened.

So I was out of commission until about 6 pm, after which Mr. Sunna and I just sprawled in front of the TV, because moving was too much effort. Yay weekend.

*sigh*

I refuse to read all these recipes. I had a Greek yogurt smoothie for breakfast, and I'll probably have a few cheese sticks for lunch, and a cucumber and tomato salad for dinner.

It works, especially in the summer, but it does make me sad sometimes.

{{{{{Lisa}}}}} So sorry about your kitteh. :(

{{Ink}} Yikes! Glad you're okay.

And boy, does that sound like a SunnaFamily celebration. :)

Wait, what happened to the Pit?

Billie, that cover is just gorgeous. Wow.

i've heard it said that your hero/ine is only
as strong as your villain.

I have no idea what this would mean for my books. Nothing good, probably. :rolleyes:

I realized a few months ago that my MCs are primarily fighting themselves. There are other bad-guy forces involved, but they are always their own biggest enemies.

That explains a lot about my inability to write a decent novel. :tongue

DUDE.

Huh. I actually don't have a big enough paddle for this.

I need to find a BDSM supply store now.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
Mornin' folk!

I am sans child for at least a few days this week, she went to her grandparents' last night.

Had a great day with my family on Saturday, played a lot of swimming pool volleyball. Hubby won the family beanbag tournament by a big enough margin that I don't think they'll let him play again.

Emailed my publicist on Friday about signings in other cities around here (prompted by Caleb pushing me), so I'm hoping to hear back. Also still waiting to hear back from Rockstar on Peacemaker.

And speaking of Caleb... His coffeehouse stalker drew a heart in his latte this morning. :evil Freakin' hilarious.

Calla Lily

On hiatus
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.aliceloweecey.net
Morning, purgs! Had an unremarkable weekend: I had all sorts of plans for Sunday, but I actually woke up with a migraine. I can't remember the last time that happened.

*hugs*

I realized a few months ago that my MCs are primarily fighting themselves. There are other bad-guy forces involved, but they are always their own biggest enemies.

And I love reading about them.

I need to find a BDSM supply store now.

^Sunna wins Purgatory for that line.

And speaking of Caleb... His coffeehouse stalker drew a heart in his latte this morning. :evil Freakin' hilarious.

Caleb has a coffeehouse stalker? I need to put this in a book.

raburrell

Treguna Makoidees Trecorum SadisDee
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.rebeccaburrell.com
Ink, Yikes!!
{{{Sunna}}} Migraines suck. Feel better!!

Steve, 'grats on the baby's baptism - lovely pics :)

Other than that, I got nothing...

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
I think I need to eat what Sunna eats. Gained weight on vacation -- thought I'd lose it because I'd exercise so much, but I didn't :(

Congrats on the baptism, Steve!

dystophil

Wielder of the Literary Lead Pipe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
alexharrow.blogspot.com
Good morning, Purgatory!

Sunna, looks like we have to go shopping together some time! ;)

Hugs for the migraine though!

Lily, I would love that Orange Julius recipe. Love them. :)

Villain PoV's... Personally I'm not a huge fan of "villain" villains in general -- they are much more fun if they're kind of the antihero villain type that are the protagonists of their own story, but we don't necessarily have to see right "into" their heads through a separate PoV. IMHO it preserves some enigma about them.

Then again very early attempts of my silly little dystopian book have been riddled with spectacularly bad attempts at writing multiple PoV's... We'll just not talk about that. *sweeps ashes under carpet* :)

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb has a coffeehouse stalker? I need to put this in a book.

I normally bring my own coffee and prepare it in my french press at work because i'm a coffee snob and won't drink the gut rot that work provides. Well on times that I run out and forget to bring coffee I'll walk down to the coffee shop in the cafeteria. Not great coffee but drinkable. Well, and tas can vouch because we usually walk together, the barista down there has totally been flirty and trying to get my attention for a while. Then she found out that the coffee shop I buy my coffee beans from she goes to as well which she freaked out about... Then she ran into me out in public once... I've lost count how many times she's invited me to different events and now she is drawing hearts in my latte...

ink wench

ray of motherf#%&ing sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, congrats!!

(((Sunna)))

Caleb, so long as she's only drawing hearts in the lattes... now when those hearts start having daggers drawn through them as well....

Ah, but isn't that what makes characters interesting?

My last WIP and my current SNI are both about my MCs' journeys into villainy. I've been finding it a lot more interesting lately to explore what it is that makes someone go "bad" than what makes them do good. There are always social pressure to be good. It's been cool to see what drives different characters to break instead. :D

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Go get yourself a date! I have no cute barista so must live vicariously through you.

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Thanks, everyone. The nearly 7-yr old daughter of my wife's friend picked out a gift for Elena. Of course, it was one of those, "Buy Elena this gift and get me one too," setups. This cracked me up.

487696_3131382098600_1539899010_n.jpg

Kris

like motherf&cking Tolstoy
VPXIII
Registered
Reaction score
OMG, Steve, that teddy bear needs its own apartment.

CalebJMalcom

And behold... A seed!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Caleb, so long as she's only drawing hearts in the lattes... now when those hearts start having daggers drawn through them as well....

:ROFL:

Go get yourself a date! I have no cute barista so must live vicariously through you.

I can box her up and ship her to you. Though warning she's got crazy waiting to happen written all over her. Not the ha ha funny funny crazy but the you wake up and she standing over your bed holding a baseball bat type crazy.

kellion92

A cat may not look at a king
Registered
Reaction score
Steve, I love that photo! So snuggly.

Caleb, are you saying she must be crazy to like you? I disagree -- from here, it sounds sweet.

Parametric

Registered
Reaction score
Yes, she sounds super sweet. I should start drinking lattes. I want hearts on mine!

SteveCordero

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.stevencordero.com
Kris, LOL. When we saw that thing we were like, "WTF!" It's bigger than my nearly 7 yr old son.

Snappy

A new year, a new avatar
Registered
Reaction score
Can't catch up. Repped a bit. Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Tasmin21

They will come from below...
Registered
Reaction score
No no, trust me, barista girl has the crazy eye. Like boil-your-bunny-rabbit crazy.

Vespertilion

Flying blind on a rocket cycle.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hola, meine hoofsies. (apologies to ESL and language-buff Purgs.)

The power came back on last evening, and the AC finally managed to cool off the apartment by this morning. It smells like baked dog in here, blrf.

Rosie still has no internet, so I wave my beautiful pixels in the general direction of her eyePhone. :tongue:

On the plus side, I needed to clean out the fridge anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.