Jed's Super-Dooper Newbie Question-of-the-Week Thread

jvc

Fearsome Dragon Mod
Registered
Reaction score
Due to unpopular demand I've decided to start a new thread in which, each week (yep, it used to be every day, but now every week, maybe 6 days, or 5, it'll depend :D ), I will ask a brand new super-dooper question of the day, I mean week, for our newbies and nearly newbies and not-so new newbies. It'll be a great way to get a few more posts under your belts and get used to posting in the forums.

The latest question is generally on the last, or last but last, page, and is located here:

The current question:
A nice, easy one to start the new year: What superpower would you want and why?

Other Questions have been:
You're about to leave for a remote location, for two years. You won't have access to the Internet, libraries or bookstores. You can bring a total of five books with you (for reading, not for survival etc.).

What five books would you bring?

Plus other questions:

You can visit any fictional realm you want, but... you're going to be stuck there for 24 hrs. No getting out. Where would you go?

How are you celebrating New Year?

What is your favourite Christmas song?

When are you putting up your Christmas decorations?

Do you zip or button first?

Which shoe do you put on first, left or right?

What is your favourite 80's cartoon?

What was the last movie you watched?

What was the last book you read?

The very first Question of the Day was: If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

Last edited:

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Under water. There are some pretty cool things way down in the deep

crimsonnyx

Werewolves & Vampyres Lover
Registered
Reaction score
Definitely travel deep under the Ocean...
I love the sea, and of course I can swim like a dolphin...who doesn't? :roll:
or should I say mermaid...hmm...

Last edited:

vixey

C'est la vie!
Registered
Reaction score
My true answer would be neither. But, if I had to do one it would be space, provided it was a brief trip.

Reactions: Misfit Toys

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Ocean. No question.

I have actually been down in a submarine once on one of those undersea tour things and it was awesome. I saw barracuda and a giant turtle plus so many colorful fish that it seemed like a fantasy.

Reactions: Misfit Toys

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Any reason I can't do both? :D

If I have to pick, I'd say space. Ocean is cool, but I think my chances of getting into space are much slimmer.

Bluestone

It's never too late to dream big
Registered
Reaction score
Depends.

I'm a scuba diver, so the ocean definitely has great appeal, but if there was a good chance of actually seeing life in space I'd opt for that.

Norligh

Registered
Reaction score
I just realized I am a huge wimp who reads too much thriller/horror fiction because I thought, "Man both of those would scare me to death! The ship would implode or the sub would spring a leak or an outer-space monster would eat me or a ginormous squid would attack!"

Probably the ocean because there is just so much interesting stuff in that world under the water.

Due to unpopular demand I've decided to start a new thread in which, each day, I will ask a brand new super-dooper question of the day for our newbies and nearly newbies and not-so new newbies. It'll be a great way to get a few more posts under your belts and get used to posting in the forums.

Today's Super-Dooper Question of the Day is:

If you had the choice of only doing one which would it be: to travel into space or to travel deep under the Ocean?

2old2pb

This Is Serious Mum!
Registered
Reaction score
Space is good for me. I've worked on submarines and I really don't like them.