The Geek Chicks Girls' Night Out

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a Wonder Woman movie, as long as it's done right. She'd have to be an actual character, not just boobs and ass in a skimpy outfit.

Agreed.

Pfeiffer will always be Catwoman for me. Always. <3

I liked Pfeiffer, but I have to admit, Anne Hathaway did an excellent job in the latest Batman movie.

The only part about the movie that bugged me was Bruce's back injury. In the comics, I think it takes him a year to recover from it? There's no way he'd be able to exercise and then climb that quickly, along with the fact that he'd re-snap his back every time he fell. I like realistic medical injuries in movies...even where Batman is concerned. lol.

I went to the WizardCon comicbook convention two weekends ago. It was pretty cool. Lots of great costumes and the place was more packed then I've ever seen it. I was lazy and just wore my Batman T-shirt.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
The only part about the movie that bugged me was Bruce's back injury.

A stupidly minor back problem (in the grand scheme of things) has plagued me for most of the year, so I'm less impressed with the research into that particular plot point than most.

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
I declare today SUPER GEEK GIRL SATURDAY!!!!!

To celebrate, one of the coolest geek things I learned this week:

The creators of the kid's show Rugrats were huge Doctor Who fans. Tommy, the main character, was modeled after The Doctor (note how he always carried around a screwdriver in his diaper :D). There were little hints of the iconic Sci Fi hidden throughout the Rugrats series.

chucky.jpg

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'll add my Geek Girl two cents. Last night's new Transformers Prime was excellent, Wheeljack and Miko as a team and Megatron learning, some humans are dangerous when crossed.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I never got into Doctor Who. *cowers from the glares* But I understand why the show is still so popular.

Anyone ever watch a goofy little sci-fi BBC show called Red Dwarf? Weird show, but also weirdly entertaining.

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone ever watch a goofy little sci-fi BBC show called Red Dwarf?

My sign-off in chat is "Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast." :D

Of course, having pointed that out now, people will know where it comes from - I'll have to come up with something even more obscure...

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I saw Branded, because the trailer was extremely misleading and made it seem like it was this cool, futuristic, possibly sci-fi/thriller themed movie.

It wasn't, at all. It was awful. Slow, tedious, and not at all what it was supposed to be. So don't see it! Or do, and agree with me on how misled you felt from the trailer for it.

I'm going to see the new Resident Evil movie Friday to try and make up for it.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Abbey, that's perfect. Finally, someone who would be able to handle my niece.

Last night's Transformers Prime. EPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
:ROFL:

I saw Resident Evil. It was pretty decent, but it looks like they are leaving the ending open for one more in the series. I think that would make it six total?

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
*peeks in*

Any room in here for a geeky girl gamer? :)

I'm also a Doctor Who fan, although I haven't watched all of the seasons yet. David Tennant is my hero, currently. :D

BigWords

Geekzilla
Registered
Reaction score
As long as you don't give out spoilers for the current season - I still haven't seen any of the episodes (hence the reason I haven't looked in the Doctor Who thread). :D

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
*peeks in*

I'm also a Doctor Who fan, although I haven't watched all of the seasons yet. David Tennant is my hero, currently. :D

ALWAYS room for another geeky girl gamer :D Welcome to our thread!

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
*peeks in*

Absoultely! Welcome!

I'm not a Whovian myself, but there are plenty here who are. :)

Musie

Exalted Tribal Founder
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the warm welcome!!

Don't worry, I can't give away spoilers for this season's Doctor Who because I haven't seen it either. :D I really need to watch more of it... it's something that my husband and I do together when we don't have anything else going on... which is not very often!! He's a geeky gamer dude and is usually immersed in either playing video games (same here), reading, or doing homework (he's a fulltime college student, I'm a parttime grad student). And sometimes his homework involves playing computer games - lucky comp sci major!! ;)

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
Aloha, mi amigas. How goes the nerding out? Anyone else do the Borderlands 2 midnight release? I tweeted the happenings at my local Game Stop, but it made me miss the Harry Potter midnight release events far more than is entirely sane.

Speaking of, anyone doing NYC to see JK Rowling?

PS What the Dalek even with the not being current on Doctor Who, all of you! (... cough cough no I am not current cough cough).

KitCat

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Aloha, mi amigas. How goes the nerding out? Anyone else do the Borderlands 2 midnight release? I tweeted the happenings at my local Game Stop, but it made me miss the Harry Potter midnight release events far more than is entirely sane.

Speaking of, anyone doing NYC to see JK Rowling?

PS What the Dalek even with the not being current on Doctor Who, all of you! (... cough cough no I am not current cough cough).

Totally did the BL2 midnight release with our little one, ours went so fast though, we were home and checking out loot before 12:30 :D

BriMaresh

New kid, be gentle!
Registered
Reaction score
We scoped out some cheap-o flat screens at Walmart after? I want a big TV. Not because I need one, but because they're awesome. Can you imagine watching Firefly on a huge screen?

I mean if you didn't go see Serenity in theaters, that is.

BeatrixKiddo

Is it summer yet???
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Are you counting the direct-to-DVD animation? I may have cried a little when I saw it...

There was a direct-to-DVD animation? I had no idea.

I also saw the new Dredd movie last week (in 3D). I have to admit, I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't quite have the campy charm of the Stallone or Snipes version, but it was ok. And the actress who plays the lovely and wicked Queen on Game of Thrones (blanking on the character and actress name right now) was the "bad guy boss" in Dredd. She is becoming very awesome in my book lately, and I read lots of books! Cersei! That's her character's name. I remember now as I type this.

I'll be seeing Looper this Friday. I also saw the trailer for the new Silent Hill movie (I dig the "look" of these movies) and it looks interesting.

We scoped out some cheap-o flat screens at Walmart after? I want a big TV. Not because I need one, but because they're awesome. Can you imagine watching Firefly on a huge screen?

I mean if you didn't go see Serenity in theaters, that is.

Firefly on a big screen would be awesome. Dang, I miss that show so much.