Space Marine and Dragonwrangler Bar & Grill

Status
Not open for further replies.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I have kicked Real Life in the nads.

It should leave me along for a goodly while.

So...what'd I miss?

Oh, you know, sex, drugs, rock and roll.

Only without the drugs, the sex was mostly innuendo, and nobody here can sing.

You know, the usual.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I can sing.

Surely you've heard my Dune song parody...

No, I haven't. YouTube or it didn't happen!

And I can sing, too. But "without the drugs, the sex was mostly innuendo, and nobody here can sing except you and me and anybody else who hasn't chimed up before now about it" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Evening

Work is done. I iz getting paid tomorrow.

Also figured out when I'm going back to melbourne. The 24th, with uni starting on the 4th of march.

Gosh, holidays are long

AbielleRose

Crazy Cat Lady
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
stainedglassinthenight.wordpress.com
The snow plows are out at the businesses across the street from my apartment with those back-up 'BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP'ers going. It is making me angry. I want to go and punch them in their beepers.

*glares at wall facing the street*

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina. As I'm on leave I'm going to try to be a full-time writer for this week only - though that includes reviews as well as finishing my SS story by the deadline. (It's advanced a bit more since I was last here.)

Coffee and breakfast had. Off to buy and read today's paper (with more coffee) and then on with the DVD of Doctor Who: The Reign of Terror.

10trackers

Pollyanna, Shedder of Casual Blood
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Evening

Work is done. I iz getting paid tomorrow.

Also figured out when I'm going back to melbourne. The 24th, with uni starting on the 4th of march.

Gosh, holidays are long

Yours are, anyway. Over here, you get two weeks around Christmas in high school, and just Christmas and the 1st of January off anywhere else :D

...And the self-employed don't even get that :e2bummed:

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
This turned into an extraordinary long rant. Just ignore it if you want. Actually, it became practically an essay, so I'm going to white it out.

I want to go back to university. Just... work is okay, but my interactions with my father have an expiry date. Sometimes I think it's just not worth talking to him, especially about my brother.

And he wonders why my brother doesn't want to talk to him. Because he can be an arse sometimes, that's why. Especially about money. About everything else, nope. But work and money - always.

My brother is trying to find work. He's not out door knocking because we're a big enough place that people will laugh at you door knocking, and point to their email and online application forms.

But because my father doesn't see it, and he has no respect for the work my brother wants to do (scriptwriting), and he thinks he's going to be an abysmal failure and not get a university degree like my dad needs him to do to validate his parenting...

My father is a good dad. He really is. But gosh, he needs to learn that an 18 year old is not going to listen to you when you have no respect for him, think he's a failure before even giving him the chance to try, and subtly suggest that teaching might be a better profession at every turn.

And he's not helping himself by telling his adult daughter that she's selfish and should be prepared to settle for bad pick up lines. Honestly, I'm not even sure how that came into conversation.

If tavis doesn't find work, bloody hell, I'll fr*cken support him - he can move in with me. I think that if they can get it, everyone is justified to a year of finding their feet. Obviously the world isn't perfect, and it doesn't work out that way, but damn it, my parents granted me two years to figure things out because I was in the health sciences. I'm not going to just let tavis flounder because they judge his choice of career as less than it is.

Just.. urgh. And then he wonders why we don't involve him in our decision making. It's because we did once, and we don't really want the argument over what he's going to say.

ETA: My father is a good father, and I have full belief in his capability to support me with whatever I come to him with. I'm never worried about his affection for me or my brother. He just comes from a totally different background, and while he's miles ahead of my grandmother in attitude, he's still of the belief that everything will go to shit at a moments notice, and he worries. When he's tired, his worrying turns into this, and I'm just a bit tired of the same conversation.

Last edited:

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
On different news, how long do you think it would take someone capable of flying to react to being thrown out of a building?

Why, are you planning to defenestrate somebody? ;)

Seriously, though, I should think that, assuming the flying thing is something they've been doing long enough to be perfectly comfortable with, it shouldn't take more than a second or two. Less comfortable, more time. More comfortable, less time.

But there's always the Law of Tension Imperative (which I just made up), which states, "Whatever makes for the best, most exciting scene, is the correct answer." :D

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
IMHO, this version is better than the original. But then again, I'm a maniacal fan of a capella.

Win.

Guys, I'm writing and I can't stop. This hasn't happened to me in years.

w00t!

prepare yourself for the ravening hoards of undead...

Trust me, I am ALWAYS prepared....

Ack. Now I want cake.

It's a lie!

Welcome to the Cantina, new meat friends!

Morning, gang.

Whut up?

_Sian_

Registered
Reaction score
Website
Bedtime for me :)

Got this massive list of stuff to do tomorrow - knowing me, I'll just end up reading instead. Not very good with the whole 'reward afterwards as motivation, not before' thing

CobraMisfit

I want to be Comic Sans.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Morning sir.

Hey, Ace!

Coffee for the Kat and Mouse creator.

64560968-photo.gif

Andelana

Secret Stick-Figure Superhero
Registered
Reaction score
On different news, how long do you think it would take someone capable of flying to react to being thrown out of a building?

Did s/he see it coming? Reaction time is normally about a second (a hair under, I think)... If they saw it coming, there would have been a bit of prep time and I'd say 'normal reaction time'. Otherwise, maybe 3-5 seconds? Long enough for 'What is this jerk doing? Oh crap, I've gone through the window. Oh dear, I'm falling. Oh, hey! I can fly!' :)

Status
Not open for further replies.