zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
She polishes the last of the glasses, hung in neat little rows over the bar. Checks the bottles lined up behind her, hundreds of them in all shapes, sizes, and planet of origin. Makes sure the taps are fresh and ready to go, and that the blood warmer is set to body temperature (cuz those pesky Vamps hate cold blood).

She looks at the clocks on the wall, set to every time zone (plus a few of the most well-traveled planets and alternate realities). Almost time to open.

Plenty of places to sit. Plenty of food to share. She hopes that all writers of Science Fiction, Fantasy, and Spec Fic (plus anyone else who happens to swing by from time to time) feels at home. Able to let their hair down, talk about their day, and just chill. Support each other.

A bell dings. Opening Time!

Welcome, welcome! Come on in! Make yourself at home! The "must pertain to the writing of SF/F" rule doesn't apply here. The Cantina a community space for folks to be folks. Chat about your WIP, that awful day at work or other woe that doesn't quite merit a trip to Conquering Challenges, or how much you want a light saber of your very own. We may occasionally merge OT threads here, but for the most part, it's a safe haven for Off Topic conversation as long as it remains a respectful and welcoming place for all folks of all ages.

*sets down a glass in front of you*

What'll it be?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
*steps gently into the bar*

Hello?

*crickets*

Well then, more chocolate for me! Bartender, get me a beer! But not one of those self-igniting ones, please.

slhuang

Inappropriately math-oriented.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
*creeps in*

Surprise me, bartender. I hear you're quite the mixologist. :D

zanzjan

killin' all teh werds
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
VPX
VPXI
Registered
Reaction score
*slides over an Endless Springtime Happitini*

*...and the pretzel basket...*

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Mmmm. I love this new cantina!

Kylabelle

unaccounted for
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*walks in hesitantly, leaning on a staff. Props staff up in a dark corner, makes way slowly toward the bar*

That wine. The one over there that has the honey tinge to it. Is that by chance Andromedan Gold? I have coin for a glass, if it is.

Nice place here.

reiver33

Monolithic
Registered
Reaction score
Eases onto a barstool and drops fedora on the counter.

Bourbon, on the rocks. And if anyone asks I've been here for hours - savvy? Oh, and if you see a small Imp - about so high, Brooklyn accent - don't worry, it's just my imagination.

Sage

Currently titleless
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
That Imp there?

Oh, wait, he has a southern accent. Wrong Imp.

slhuang

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
*slides over an Endless Springtime Happitini*

Wow, Bartender.....this is making me feel so....BUBBLY....

*floats toward ceiling*

whee!

SQUEE!

:e2cloud9:

You finally stopped by!!! :Hug2:

For me????

:Jaw:

If I'd known what a warm welcome was waiting I never would've stayed away so long! :heart: *snuggles in LAM's purple squee*

Izz

Doing the Space Operatic
Staff member
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.justgoodfiction.com
*slinks in, has a geeze* Shiny! *takes notes and rushes off back to W1S1* :D

Debio

Back from the land of the dead.
Registered
Reaction score
*Debio pokes his head in and looks around*

Is this the right place? I got caught up in stuff again and it looks like someone let the nanobots I was keeping under the counter loose. They went and rebuilt every thing. I hope they didn't do too much damage.

I'm sorry?

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
:DOh, by the way, I have a minor complaint about all you selfish North American type people. Why you hoggin all the snow? I mean, come on, it's February 5th, and after last night's 20cm(8 inches) snow fall, I have 20cm of snow in my yard.

In a normal year, I should have a meter to a meter and a half in the back yard by this time. So could you please share a bit? It feels weird seeing my lawn in February, it's a first.

You can keep the bitter cold, though. I don't want any of that.:D

But, well, if you really, really want to keep, you can. Getting up at 5 to shovel snow this morning wasn't very much fun. So, well, yeah ...:tongue

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
I slipped on the ice today, which resulted in my right rotar cuff being torn again, this is the third time in less than eight years. The downside to that is I now want to write so write I shall... am hoping for another 10K words by Sunday... well after the water heater is replaced, it died on Saturday.

ION my high school music teacher is being honored this week, he died. I am one of three students he taught timpany, yes I play the kettle drums. :D;)

Last edited:

eyeblink

Barbara says hi
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina redux. I think I'm the first European to post here, after the North American and Pacific Rim chapters have had their way with it.

On leave this week, but somehow woke up early today. Reviews and writing to do, and it's my mother's birthday today. She's 72.

But first, and channelling Ali who may be along in a little while, :Coffee:

milkweed

Abuses commas at will.
Registered
Reaction score
:DOh, by the way, I have a minor complaint about all you selfish North American type people. Why you hoggin all the snow? I mean, come on, it's February 5th, and after last night's 20cm(8 inches) snow fall, I have 20cm of snow in my yard.

In a normal year, I should have a meter to a meter and a half in the back yard by this time. So could you please share a bit? It feels weird seeing my lawn in February, it's a first.

You can keep the bitter cold, though. I don't want any of that.:D

But, well, if you really, really want to keep, you can. Getting up at 5 to shovel snow this morning wasn't very much fun. So, well, yeah ...:tongue

As an Iowan I feel the same way you do, the moisture has been going all around us, according to NOAA and USDA we are in extreme drought conditions right now. Not good, not good at all.

ION we got about two inches of snow today, don't say hooray cause that's not near enough. BUT I was observing the dogs on their leashes doing their business and had an interestring thought for my SF/F novel and the aliens that will inhabit earth in the near future. Those thoughts of course involve leashes, that are controlled by humans...

more later.

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
I slipped on the ice today, which resulted in my right rotar cuff being torn again, this is the third time in less than eight years. The downside to that is I now want to write so write I shall... am hoping for another 10K words by Sunday... well after the water heater is replaced, it died on Saturday.

ION my high school music teacher is being honored this week, he died. I am one of three students he taught timpany, yes I play the kettle drums. :D;)

Ouch! But I suppose that will encourage you to sit still and write.

Um, if you have any extra wanting to write feeling, could you send some my way? I really need to do another rewrite on this story swap story today or tomorrow. And I'm sitting here really not wanting to open up the file. :Shrug:

slhuang

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.slhuang.com
:DOh, by the way, I have a minor complaint about all you selfish North American type people. Why you hoggin all the snow?

I'm in North America, and I haven't gotten ANY snow this year! In fact, most of January was around 80 degrees F. *pouts*

Of course, I am in Southern California . . . that might have something to do with it. I miss snow . . .

Debio

Registered
Reaction score
Looking for a home to call my own. I was a mystery writer but in recent Nano's I've been known to skip around. I seem to have a scifi/fantasy on my hands. I think. :)

:hi:Welcome! :)

Goodness, someone who posts mid-afternoon my time. That is wonderful. I need to pay more attention during these hours.

*bouncy* *bouncy*

(Forgive my bouncies, went to bed late, got up too early, drank too much coffee)

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Hey. I just graduated from college yesterday, so now I'm unemployed.

Oh joys of adulthood.

Ari Meermans

MacAllister's Official Minion & Greeter
Registered
Reaction score
Ain't it the truth, Max. Congratulations on your graduation!

A Happy Birthday to your mother, eyeblink! (Mr. M's 72nd is on Sunday. Thanks for reminding me. oops.)

btw, love your new digs, all.

Status
Not open for further replies.