Status
Not open for further replies.

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Littlest kidlet and I are home together. He's running a fever and has a wet cough. Similar to his sister's symptoms and she ended up having pneumonia, so we aren't wasting time getting him to the doctor.

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I'm hungry. Yay for having an appetite!

Should I make some Irish soda bread?

LadyV

Tree Hugger
Registered
Reaction score
Good morning Cantina!

Sorry I've been MIA the last couple of days. Between work and socializing, I've been a little busy.

My time with friends on Saturday was actually enjoyable. My one friend didn't go on endlessly about her nanny duties and my other friend didn't get preachy about anything. We just talked like normal women. My one friend even announced that, in her words, she's going [man] hunting. :D

Work has been work. My schedule is all over the place this week. My boss has me doing something a little different. I actually start at 10am tomorrow which is going to be weird. I've never been at the store during the evening.

I have off today, which is strange because I never have a Monday off. I'm not quite sure what I'm doing today. So far I've been catching up on TV. I'd like to work on my outline a little more. I think I know where it's going in now.

: ) Have you seen Patrick Stewart's Christmas Carol from the 90's? It's amazing.
Yes! Sadly I've only seen it once, but I loved it. I wonder if it'll ever come to Netflix?

Last edited:

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina.

Because it's Monday this calls for the special-super-good-awesome-coffee.

*Hooks up said coffee to the tap* :Coffee:

Also, if I haven't said it lately, I really appreciate you guys and I'm glad you're here.

Even you, Hoplite, you pretzel-thief :)

:Hug2:

Littlest kidlet and I are home together. He's running a fever and has a wet cough. Similar to his sister's symptoms and she ended up having pneumonia, so we aren't wasting time getting him to the doctor.

Hope he's okay.

I'm hungry. Yay for having an appetite!

Should I make some Irish soda bread?

Yes!

In-writing-news: I think I got all the technical details pinned down for my NaNo-novel. Now I just need a few small things, like characters and a plot...

hillaryjacques

Undercover, sort of...
Registered
Reaction score
Do you want to build a snowman?

Because we have a sh!t tonne of perfect snowman snow.

maxmordon

Penúltimo
Registered
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Do you want to build a snowman?

Because we have a sh!t tonne of perfect snowman snow.

Let's build a snowman!
We can make him our best friend.
We can name him Tom or we can name him George!
We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall.
Snowman!

He'll have a happy face, a happy smile, a happy point of view!

_Sian_

Ooooh, pretty lights and sirens :D
Registered
Reaction score
Website
antagonistsneeded.wordpress.com
Good luck on finding out what's going on TJ.

You know what would be a far more interesting plot point to P and P? If kitty had not been found, the Bennetts ruined, and Darcy had married Elizabeth anyway.

Well, maybe not more interesting, but definitely different.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
Well, two out of three have pneumonia. yay :(

:( Hope they get better soon.

That awkward moment when someone casually mentions they got rufied on their birthday last week like it's no biggie...

:eek: The heck?!?

Morning, Cantina. Started a new short story last night: "Green Fireballs" (working title, but I may keep it). How is everyone doing?

Hoplite

Return of the Coffee Shield
Registered
Reaction score
Morning Cantina.

Another slow work day. At least it's sunny out.

Well, two out of three have pneumonia. yay :(

Hope they get better soon.

That awkward moment when someone casually mentions they got rufied on their birthday last week like it's no biggie...

I think asnys' response is most reflective of my own:

:eek: The heck?!?

In-writing-news: lots of math yesterday, and reading up on rocket engines, geosynchronous orbit, and terminal velocity.

J. A. Rama

Master Plot Hydra Conqueror
Registered
Reaction score
Website
phractalreality.blogspot.com
Pssssh SCIENCE. Biology is Chemistry having a party. Chemistry is Math deciding to get some housework done. Math is just physics that's hanging out at home with no pants, and according to Terry Pratchett, geography is just physics slowed way down with a few trees stuck on.

Lissibith

On target
Registered
Reaction score
So... it's probably not a good sign when you call the parcel delivery service with a question and once the lady looks up your order, you hear- "Huh. Never saw it do THAT before."

I guess I can always hope she was referring to something other than my books. >.>

jallenecs

Searching for Wonderland
Registered
Reaction score
I would like to lodge a formal complaint. The last two books I've read this weekend both had an egregious number of editing errors in them. Things like leaving word out of a sentence, or failing to police an editing site, so that it has that it has the sort of error I just demonstrated.

These aren't self-pubbed; these went through a publisher, and presumably an editor. But I know what's happening. They're letting Spell Check do their jobs for them. And we all (should) know that Spell Check is great for the first editing pass, but should not be relied on exclusively.

Lazy, sloppy editing. I want my money back.

asnys

Do Not Fear the Future
Registered
Reaction score
Website
atomic-skies.blogspot.com
Pssssh SCIENCE. Biology is Chemistry having a party. Chemistry is Math deciding to get some housework done. Math is just physics that's hanging out at home with no pants, and according to Terry Pratchett, geography is just physics slowed way down with a few trees stuck on.

<Must resist urge to be a pedant><Resist><Resist>

<Saving throw failed>

Math technically isn't a science it's a rationalist deductive system instead of an empirical inductive system so math isn't just physics from a different perspective.

Sorry. As an academic, I take an automatic -6 penalty to saving throws against nitpicking.

I would like to lodge a formal complaint. The last two books I've read this weekend both had an egregious number of editing errors in them. Things like leaving word out of a sentence, or failing to police an editing site, so that it has that it has the sort of error I just demonstrated.

These aren't self-pubbed; these went through a publisher, and presumably an editor. But I know what's happening. They're letting Spell Check do their jobs for them. And we all (should) know that Spell Check is great for the first editing pass, but should not be relied on exclusively.

Lazy, sloppy editing. I want my money back.

You know what you must do.

bettielee

I'm a sparkly fairy princess!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
bettielee.wordpress.com
uhm...are you sure the mathematicians aren't going to hunt you down and shove you in a locker for saying that????

what do I know... I watch the Marvel movies and think wow... I love science...

I asked my niece what books she wanted for her birthday....and she asked for some Bronte sisters.... I was so moved. And she was born on Halloween so she's almost the perfect child.

Status
Not open for further replies.