Which Gay Stereotype Are You?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nighttimer

No Gods No Masters
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Didn't know where to put this so I'll put it here.

Which gay stereotype are you?

I'm a "bromo."

You’re just a regular guy who likes other regular guys. You don’t really ‘get’ queer culture and tend to stay away from things like pride parades. And that’s fine. Queer culture and activism aren’t for everyone. But you should ask yourself if your aversion to the LGBT community is due to any shame or embarrassment you feel about your sexuality. It might not be, but you should still consider getting involved. You don’t have to become a stereotype—although the “bromosexual” is becoming an increasingly common breed of gay—but you should still support your community. Who knows? Maybe your presence in the community will challenge someone else’s misconceptions about gay people?
The only problem is, I'm straight. Or at least I think I am. Chris Hemsworth is kinda of a good-looking dude...

It's all subjective, but it's harmless. :Sun:

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
I also tried it (as a straight 50 year old non-American woman) and got this:

We can’t tell you what gay stereotype you are, because you don’t even know what your sexuality is! There’s nothing wrong with that—figuring out your identity can take years—but you’re the only one who can do it. Taking a quiz like this is a great first step, but don’t take it too seriously. Keep checking out LGBT resources (*cough*LGBTeen*cough*) and maybe visit your school’s GSA, if they have one. The more you learn about the spectrum of identities out there (believe us, there’s plenty!), the easier it will be to find one that fits.

I reckon this quiz is just nonsense! It's basing all its answer on very strict guidelines. And surely perpetuating stereotypes is just stoopid, especially if you're going to tell people off for not fitting the stereotype! Who put this rubbish together?

amergina

Pittsburgh Strong
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.annazabo.com
You know, I'm not gay. Or a lesbian. I like men and women... so I was out in the first question. /yaybierasure

mirandashell

Banned
Reaction score
Actually.... isn't that worse? Isn't the quiz saying that if you don't fit the stereotype, you're not a 'proper gay'?

lilyWhite

Love and Excitement
Registered
Reaction score
I learned to not expect any intelligence from online quizzes since the "What Lord of the Rings race are you?" test I took that berated me for getting "human".

Honestly, other than what's mentioned here, I find the tone of the responses kind of insulting. For "What's your favorite thing about men?", one of the answers is "IDK!?" Is this really how the idiots who made the quiz think teenagers think?

I hate "Which song do you relate to the most?" because I haven't heard of all of the songs there and "Perform This Way" isn't an option. =^_^=

Also, why do "How do you feel about shopping?" and "Are you into fashion?" have options that just say "I'm a lesbian."? I'm a lesbian and I don't even get that.

Then I ended up getting the "you don't know what your sexuality is!" result, despite making no indication that I was into men.

I think there was no thought put into this test whatsoever.

You know, I'm not gay. Or a lesbian. I like men and women... so I was out in the first question. /yaybierasure

There was one option, something like "demisexual panromantic half a dozen assorted labels".

...this thing is so incredibly stupid.

StormChord

Allegedly Gullible
Registered
Reaction score
I'm apparently a bromosexual, which is news to me, since I'm both female and aces. Cool.

J.S.F.

Red fish, blue fish...
Registered
Reaction score
LMAO at the emoticon thing going on.:D

See, I did it as well. Oh crap...

I'm straight, and this quiz was just plain weird. What I find amusing, though, is this. I'm a member of a weight training/bodybuilding forum and ostensibly, most of the guys who post there are straight. I know a few who said they were gay and were open about it and that's fine, but the straight guys were horrified at the gay dudes saying "Man, you're looking solid/thick/tight". Those are normal compliments in the bodybuilding world. If a gay guy says that, shock!

But if a straight guy says that, then everyone says he's got a man-crush. Go figure.

Sorry, just woke up and my brain is still half in sleep-mode.

CrastersBabies

Burninator!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm a hipster. And I make fun of hipsters in my head. Maybe there's something to that....

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
There's all sorts of silly quizzes on the internet. I regularly find out which Wizard of the Oz character I am, which Breakfast Club character I am, who I was in my last incarnation, my walking IQ (whatever that is), and a thousand other things. None of them can be taken seriously. (-:

Besides, I found out yesterday what I am...and it's a term I never ever heard of. My partner had to tell me. I was slightly shocked! But laughed and laughed. And, NO, don't ask! (-;

maceleon

Registered
Reaction score
I thought I was bisexual but a few in between gender experiences made me realize I was pansexual. Not that much difference I suppose, you like what you like.

I tend to shy away from most gay activities also, and my friend group is mixed. Actually I tend to jump between groups, sometimes I feel bad that each group is kind of segregated from the other. All my friends know my orientation, it was a shock for a few straight friends who I played rugby with or worked with at different bars. I don't think I fit any common stereotype but I worry about coming across as the guy who hides the LGBT community from his other acquaintances. So I get drunk and do the exact opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.