Writing about my dog :)

TheMist

Registered
Reaction score
People, I am writing a story about my dog. She is paralyzed in her backside :cry: .She can not walk and drags herself with her front legs. I want to write a story about her and I am wondering how to begin...
Any advise?

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tell us how you got the dog, or why she's special to you, or some adventure the two of you have had, or something the two of you once did together and now can't, or about the dog's courage or unfailing optimism (which we humans could learn from).

TheMist

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you! By the way, she was born with a huge hole in her spleen. She started walking funny when she was 9 months and then we took her to the vet and he operated. She will never walk again!

alleycat

Still around
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
We had a dog when I was a kid. We lived in the country and the dog accidentally got run over by a large tractor. The dog survived (probably because he rolled with the tractor tire in some thick bushes), but later in life developed a problem with his rear end. We used to carry him up and down the basement steps because he just couldn't make it anymore. He lived to be 18.

AllieKat

just a writer, unbranded
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thewritinglifeforme.blogspot.com
I've seen very inspiring pictures/articles about partially paralyzed dogs who got little wheelchair-like devices for their back legs to help them move. Did your vet say anything about this to you?

It sounds like this is a very personal and painful situation. Sometimes great stories can come from such things. On the other hand, sometimes it helps to wait and write about things when they're less painful. ((Hug))