The MTS Braggatorium

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
The mailman brought me a nice packet of contracts!

I've been keeping it a little under wraps until I had them in my hands. But it's a 3-book, write-for-hire cozy mystery series with Berkley Prime Crime (Penguin).

More details later, but the first book is likely to be released in 2014!

Whoo-hoo! Congratulations.:TheWave:

Ken Hoss

Storm Rising A Kelli Storm Novel
Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Featured on Author's Promoter today

I had a Skype interview this morning, very nice interview, and had fun. The actual transcript of the interview won't post until sometime next week, but in the interim, I and my books are featured. (The really cool thing is, the guy doing the interview was in Malta!)

http://authorspromoter.com/type-of-writing/novels/hoss-kenneth/

:D I never thought of myself as an American Novelist.

ETA: The interview went live this morning!

Last edited:

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
Free Weekend for Storm Rising on Amazon

Just started the Free Weekend on Amazon for Storm Rising, the first Kelli Storm Novel and there have already been 338 downloads this morning!

Moving up in Amazon sales rankings:

Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #11,613 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#36 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Mystery & Thrillers > Police Procedurals
:snoopy:

ETA: Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #314 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
#3 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Fiction > Genre Fiction > Mystery & Thrillers > Police Procedurals
:snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy::snoopy:

Last edited:

knightrunnermat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.horseracinghottie.com
Big Brag Time!

My super short story for the Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine Mysterious Photograph contest was chosen as a runner up for the July/August 2012 issue!

I've never won anything before and I am super excited about this. It was so long ago that I forgot I had sent it to them and was completely confused when I received an envelope from the magazine earlier today.

My name will be appearing in the January/February 2013 issue.

[/endbrag]

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Nice interview on the International Thriller Writers' website:

http://www.thebigthrill.org/2012/09/the-bookseller-by-mark-pryor/

Great article!

Big Brag Time!

My super short story for the Alfred Hitchcock Mystery Magazine Mysterious Photograph contest was chosen as a runner up for the July/August 2012 issue!

I've never won anything before and I am super excited about this. It was so long ago that I forgot I had sent it to them and was completely confused when I received an envelope from the magazine earlier today.

My name will be appearing in the January/February 2013 issue.

[/endbrag]

:hooray: Fantastic! Can we see the photo? What is it of? That's wonderful!

lizmonster

Possibly A Mermaid Queen
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
elizabethbonesteel.com
This is not on the scale of a book contract or a publication or an interview - but there is literally no where else I can brag about this that won't make me look like a horrible person.

Some of you know that my mother has been reading my book for me as I make edits. Just last night she read the ending.

I made my mother cry.

Not a sentimental lady, my mom. I find her reaction pretty satisfying. :)

Ken Hoss

Registered
Reaction score
Website
kenhoss.blogspot.com
This is not on the scale of a book contract or a publication or an interview - but there is literally no where else I can brag about this that won't make me look like a horrible person.

Some of you know that my mother has been reading my book for me as I make edits. Just last night she read the ending.

I made my mother cry.

Shame on you. ;)

When you can elicit that kind of emotion from your writing, you know you've done it right.

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

I made my mother cry.

That's GREAT! Truly, as a writer, if we can elicit that kind of emotion from a reader--wonderful. :)

Silver-Midnight

Registered
Reaction score
rising from the depths of a cup of coffee

I made my mother cry.

I think that's a great sign of how good it is, liz. :)

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

We have received new release date information related to the order you placed on
May 30, 2012 (Order# 102-6112602-7373836). The item(s) listed below will actually ship sooner than we originally expected based on the new release date:

Mark Pryor "The Bookseller: The First Hugo Marston Novel"
Previous estimated arrival date: October 11, 2012
New estimated arrival date: October 08, 2012

::squees like a fangirl::

wonderactivist

Registered
Reaction score
Website
luciesmoker.wordpress.com
SO happy for everyone:

MATT, you rock! I love people who can write super-fast bits. I actually have the time to read them quickly.

Liz, when you can make someone cry, you know you've effectively placed your soul on the page. Good luck!

Mark and Ken, awesome! I have Ken's book and am looking forward to Mark's. Had hoped to make your book signing in Austin, but my schedule right now won't tolerate that.

I just wanted to add that nothing warms my heart more than opening AW to see a new note posted in this thread. What a great community--it's like my sister or brother running into the house to tell me some good news. I wish we had virtual confetti!

:banana::Jump::Hail:

GailD

Still chasing plot bunnies.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I echo HS's comment. Definitely, congrats to you all.

*cough cough*

Um. The short story I wrote in August and subbed to a local magazine got accepted. I got a call from the editor (a call) and he was very complimentary, said I got exactly the right type of story and style of writing he was looking for and could I please send him some more stories ASAP.

*gasp*

He wants one a month. This short story is only the second one I've ever written. The first one sold to the African-American Review and is a completely different style and voice. How on earth am I going to write one a month?

Oh, and I worked out how many hours it took me to write it vs the money they're paying. It works out at so far below minimum wage it's not funny - it's hilarious! But it's a start, right?

:D

heyjude

Making my own sunshine
Registered
Reaction score

*cough cough*

Um. The short story I wrote in August and subbed to a local magazine got accepted. I got a call from the editor (a call) and he was very complimentary, said I got exactly the right type of story and style of writing he was looking for and could I please send him some more stories ASAP.

*gasp*

He wants one a month. This short story is only the second one I've ever written. The first one sold to the African-American Review and is a completely different style and voice. How on earth am I going to write one a month?

Oh, and I worked out how many hours it took me to write it vs the money they're paying. It works out at so far below minimum wage it's not funny - it's hilarious! But it's a start, right?

:snoopy: That's AWESOME! Congratulations!

And yes, I'd say it's a huge start! Someone wants to pay you for your writing. You rock! (Plus you can use that in a Q.)

muse

standing on head, typing one-handed...
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score

*cough cough*

*gasp*

:TheWave:

What a great result, Gail.